My Titulus

What could be written on your titulus?

• A criminal?

Votes: 22 17.7%
  • A traitor, spy, deserter, renegade, war criminal (at the bad side)?

Votes: 21 16.9%
  • A rebel, a martyr, resisting tyranny or oppression (from the 'good side')?

Votes: 59 47.6%
  • For ignorance, or failing responsability (e.g. manslaughter)?

Votes: 10 8.1%
  • Others?

Votes: 34 27.4%

• Total voters
Go to CruxDreams.com
I often fantasize about being a slave in the salt mines with especially sadistic matrons. Even tiny mistakes are punishable by crucifixion. After my flogging, I am made an example of as the matrons affix me to my cross and my titulus displays in bold capital letters my name, and my "crime" of failing to meet quota. Preferably there is also a sign on the ground at the side of my cross warning the others what would befall any slaves who idle or laze around.

Since some time, I was thinking about submitting this question to the Forum, by means of a poll. The discussions in the thread http://www.cruxforums.com/xf/threads/what-crimes-could-merit-crucifixion-in-the-future.5684/#post-275062 have made me decide to post it finally.

For those who fantasy of being crucified (but of course others are also invited to take part of the discussion). Imagine : the executioner's job is done. You, and maybe some companions, hang nailed to a cros on a public place, naked, humiliated, in pain and agony. Or you just got tied to the cross for at least twenty-four hours of public display. There is just one thing the justice officer has to do : to fix the titulus. A nameplate with your name , your age and your crime written on it. It will be fixed either above your head, or hang around your neck, or put in front of the cross. So, everybody can see why you deserved this punishment.

What, in your fantasy, could be written on that titulus? Can you imagine yourself as a vicious criminal, a murderer, a thief, a robber, a swindler?

Or being a spy, a traitor, a deserter, a renegade, sabotage, a war criminal, not necessarily for the good cause?

Or do you prefer to be at the good side? A martyr, a rebel, or for resisting or opposing tyranny or oppression by other means? For helping slaves or rebels? For protesting. For putting up or taking part to a strike. For membership of a forbidden association. This will probably involve similar accusations as above, but the perspective is different.

Or for ignorantly breaking the rules, or for heavy mistakes you made in a responsible position? Manslaughter for instance?
Just put "Bad To The Bone" on mine.

Back
Top Bottom