My Titulus

What could be written on your titulus?

• A criminal?

Votes: 22 17.7%
  • A traitor, spy, deserter, renegade, war criminal (at the bad side)?

Votes: 21 16.9%
  • A rebel, a martyr, resisting tyranny or oppression (from the 'good side')?

Votes: 59 47.6%
  • For ignorance, or failing responsability (e.g. manslaughter)?

Votes: 10 8.1%
  • Others?

Votes: 34 27.4%

• Total voters
Go to CruxDreams.com
There are two approaches to the titulus. Showing the condemned what they will be labeled as, in order to drive home their complete subjugation to the state; or not showing them, and letting their imagination torture them. And whatever the titilus says is an authority, if their name has been misspelled, then that is their new name. If the crime is something that they did not commit, then the titulus makes their crucifixion legitimate. Whatever is up there, hanging over her head, she is subject to it in its entirety.
It is this first mindset that I had started this thread and questioning. Everything the titulus mentions is ex officio true! The opinion, protests or viewpoint of the condemned do not matter anymore and are false pretentions.

The titulus could get quite crowded if I don’t focus, it would seem.
We know where that ends ...
cxK005y.gif

I also love when the titulus goes into detail, like that the execution demanded that she be nailed to the cross, that she should be naked, even that she should be whipped, or that there is a minimum time requirement for her suffering.
I especially like the idea (so much that I used it for a story) that those details are unknown and I might be left wondering about what the severity of the punishment is, how it proceeds and ends.

Just some hours roped to a cross, then released?
Or then someone is going to come and pound in nails?
And at sunset smear me with pitch and set me on fire?

Of course the spectators who can read the titulus aren't supposed to let me know.
I'd be left trying to decipher their expressions and veiled comments...

We know where that ends ...
View attachment 1195389

I especially like the idea (so much that I used it for a story) that those details are unknown and I might be left wondering about what the severity of the punishment is, how it proceeds and ends.

Just some hours roped to a cross, then released?
Or then someone is going to come and pound in nails?
And at sunset smear me with pitch and set me on fire?

Of course the spectators who can read the titulus aren't supposed to let me know.
I'd be left trying to decipher their expressions and veiled comments...
As a counterpoint, these are slave girls and criminals. They simply might be illiterate and have no defense against what hangs over their head. Utter subjugation to something there can’t even read.

Titulus ideas?​

As the title implies, I'm looking for ideas for a new titulus or two to use in my sessions/photosets. So far I've made a "INRI" and a "REBEL" tituli but I can't really seem to come up with better ideas so I'd like your feedback.

Picture for crux-tax

Attachments

• IMG_20220719_162509M.jpg
    IMG_20220719_162509M.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 142
Last edited by a moderator:

Titulus ideas?​

As the title implies, I'm looking for ideas for a new titulus or two to use in my sessions/photosets. So far I've made a "INRI" and a "REBEL" tituli but I can't really seem to come up with better ideas so I'd like your feedback.

Picture for crux-tax
I suggest, you make up for yourself, what kind of a profile fits the best your fantasy? That's how I grouped them in the poll.

SCRAPTA ADVENA
(anyone wanna correct my latin?)

Back
Top Bottom