My Titulus

What could be written on your titulus?

• A criminal?

Votes: 22 17.7%
  • A traitor, spy, deserter, renegade, war criminal (at the bad side)?

Votes: 21 16.9%
  • A rebel, a martyr, resisting tyranny or oppression (from the 'good side')?

Votes: 59 47.6%
  • For ignorance, or failing responsability (e.g. manslaughter)?

Votes: 10 8.1%
  • Others?

Votes: 34 27.4%

• Total voters
Go to CruxDreams.com
Ah... No insult intended to any moderator, but I'm not sure my carving belongs in this topic. It isn't for me, I made it for my wife. Unless that also counts to post in here? Just want to be sure my content is in the correct place, thanks!

Hey everyone!

Tried my hand at making a titulus for a BDSM prop. What do you think? It's not quite done, I still have to figure out how I want to stain it.

View attachment 625714

Cheers!

Curious.
It appears to be in the futharc runic alphabet but in English, is that right? The lady defied her husband?

Curious.
It appears to be in the futharc runic alphabet but in English, is that right? The lady defied her husband?

Yup you got it! I used a font to get that string, I doubt it's accurate to their proper use but it was for fun. I asked her what she wanted for the crime and that's what we came up with haha.

Just "nocens", meaning "guilty" or "bad" in Ancient Latin if i'm not wrong.
Yes - more literally 'hurting, harming', but it was used in the sense of morally 'bad' or legally 'guilty,
the opposite of 'innocens'. Pravus ' depraved' would be stronger, implying 'intrinsically evil'.

Yes - more literally 'hurting, harming', but it was used in the sense of morally 'bad' or legally 'guilty,
the opposite of 'innocens'. Pravus ' depraved' would be stronger, implying 'intrinsically evil'.
Then, that's exactly was i meant!!! With all the ambiguity too.

i think that "nocens" is neuter, but "pravus" should be in female form, shouldn't it? "Prava", maybe?

(Well, anyway i wanted to include the legal meaning, so i guess i'll go with nocens)

Then, that's exactly was i meant!!! With all the ambiguity too.

i think that "nocens" is neuter, but "pravus" should be in female form, shouldn't it? "Prava", maybe?

(Well, anyway i wanted to include the legal meaning, so i guess i'll go with nocens)
Eul's expertise on Latin (and other languages) keeps you on the right track about that!;)

So, I interpret your titulus, that you are not crucified innocent?
I like that!

More than five and a half years after I started it, I have not filled in the inquiry myself!:eusa_doh:

Perhaps because I made the choice so difficult, I would mark them all!:eyepop:

About half of the voters has chosen for a 'rebel' on the 'good side'.

The 'bad side' rebels and criminals score each 17%. So one in three imagines to possibly be a 'bad guy/girl'.
Ignorance or lack of responsability scores only 5%. A bit too bad, since it could have interesting story twists.

One in four has voted for 'other'.

Lucas Soranus, 24
Traitor to the State

That is what my titulus reads above my head as I my naked body hangs nailed on the cross.
Next to :
Loxuru, 64
Enemy of the people

There are two approaches to the titulus. Showing the condemned what they will be labeled as, in order to drive home their complete subjugation to the state; or not showing them, and letting their imagination torture them. And whatever the titilus says is an authority, if their name has been misspelled, then that is their new name. If the crime is something that they did not commit, then the titulus makes their crucifixion legitimate. Whatever is up there, hanging over her head, she is subject to it in its entirety.

There are a few things that I think are fun to include on a titulus. Typically name and crime are included, but I enjoy seeing her age up there as well, especially when she is still just past the cusp of adulthood. I also love when the titulus goes into detail, like that the execution demanded that she be nailed to the cross, that she should be naked, even that she should be whipped, or that there is a minimum time requirement for her suffering. The titulus could get quite crowded if I don’t focus, it would seem.

On the other hand there is also an appeal to just having the crime be the identity. Traitor, thief, murderer, adulteress. that’s it. No extra detail. I like those too.

Back
Top Bottom