Nailing Feet

Go to CruxDreams.com
I think that it is also more aesthetic and humiliating to nail both feet with a nail one on top of the other. Although with the feet separated the sex of the condemned person can be tortured more

I think nailing through the sides of the heel has many advantages:

1 Four nails take longer to install than three, prolonging the torture of the nailing process.
2 Breaking the calcaneous bone by driving a tapered spike through it almost certainly hurts more than a nail between the metatarsals.
3 The legs are spread more obscenely when the ankles are on the side of the post.
4 There is little chance that the legs can break free when spikes with sizable heads are used through bone.
5 Shorter nails through the ankles almost certainly provides better support for raising oneself on the cross than a long nail through both feet.
6 And finally, if square spikes through the ankles hurt more going in, they probably also hurt more when one rotates on them to dance.

Of course, there is only one way to find out. But nailers are hard to find.

but I have a feeling this will be merged with another, older thread, for the continuity of the conversation.
Yes... guilty! @Crucificateur started one such in 2012

Tree prefers through the arch of the foot, one over the other. It is neat and simple... cheaper too as both feet can be done with one nail. Tree also notes whether nailing through the foot or from the side a good executioner can miss going through bone. By the way, @Wragg recently did a crucifixion of Alice with the spikes driven through the sides of her ankles. It was a well-done nailing of the woman and drew no objections from Tree:very_hot:
Thanks Tree!

DoB 043.jpgDoB 044.jpgDoB 056.jpg

Yes, I do tend to nail feet through the calcaneum (heel bone) for a couple of reasons. The boring one is that the only archaeological crucifixions (two, to be fair) show a nail in the heel, the real one is that the heels can pivot on the nail as she pushes up for breath.

If nails are fastened directly to the front or side of the cross then the full weight is taken on the nail as the victim pushes up rather than partly on a footrest as in some traditional depctions.

If nails are fastened directly to the front or side of the cross then the full weight is taken on the nail as the victim pushes up rather than partly on a footrest as in some traditional depctions.
Damn it, Wragg, we ARE killing the crucified and don't care how hard they have to work to breath!!!!

I have to imagine that just like giving the crucified water, the footrest is often a disguised cruelty.
Good point. The footrest makes it easier for the crucified to rise up and take a breath where feet nailed flat against the stipe makes it more difficult. But the footrest adds complexity to the cross and we are crucifying her to put her to death...
crux 926 B.jpg
Tree votes no footrest... Make her suffer and die and you won't have to pay the guards overtime!

Good point. The footrest makes it easier for the crucified to rise up and take a breath where feet nailed flat against the stipe makes it more difficult. But the footrest adds complexity to the cross and we are crucifying her to put her to death...
View attachment 1393134
Tree votes no footrest... Make her suffer and die and you won't have to pay the guards overtime!
But a footrest will ensure that the stipes can be reused many times without gathering additional nail holes and reducing the structural integrity of the cross. You can create a system where only the footrest and patibulum are reused, saving on materials. Labor costs are always low, and a little bit of extra salt for a successful crucifixion is worth it, I think!

Though that concerning Messa, it could be a longer time to the cross and , so, a longer time to admire her so beautiful body twisting on her cross ... !

View attachment 1393147 :rolleyes:
But with your feet nailed flat you can dance well the first hour or so.
crux 924 B.jpg
After an hour or so, men get bored and once they know they can't have your body they head off to a tavern where maybe they can score on the waitress.
Fear not, Messa, Judith will bring friends by to see the tortures men have subjected you to...
crux 696 F.jpg

Don't forget a footrest will also
accentuate the shape of the crucifieds legs ;)

...But with your feet nailed flat you can dance well the first hour or so...
Only one hour ?! :(
Don't forget a footrest will also
accentuate the shape of the crucifieds legs
YES ! ... and for a woman, it's essential to have shapely legs ! Why do you think that we wear high heels looking like "footrest" ?

R.jpg

See this post
And
This post

Gracefull? Yes!
But it will apparently hurt quite a bit more then high heels ;)

(Link now fixed)

As usual ... both have their upsides and downsides...

Pro for Single Nail Theory: ... pushing down firmly with one foot on the other like that, feels kind of nice ... especially in the rising up position, very aesthetic silhouette ... big spike is scary ... visual tradition ...

Pro for separately nailed feet: ... in any given position, usually much more movement possible with two nails ... many more ways of fixing to the cross thinkable ... more options for access ...

If my crucifier prefers single nail I'm not going to complain!

also the nailing sequence is more interesting than just "first nail one foot, then nail the other": Drive the spike through one foot, until it comes out the sole, then place that nailed foot on top of the other, hammer again, ...

Since a crucifixion lasts quite a while it's possible to have the best of both worlds

... or is there a law that prevents extracting foot nails during the crux, and re-crucifying the feet in a different position?

Or of course that ... into the sacred healing pool and soon we'll be ready to go again ...

View attachment 931610
As your crucifier I would opt for four 1/4" square iron spikes hand forged. Probably 6" long with a not too sharp a point. Feet would go to the side of the cross arranged artistically at different levels. If I was to be crucified I would insist on the same of course with a couple of pretty wenches to do the deed.

As your crucifier I would opt for four 1/4" square iron spikes hand forged. Probably 6" long with a not too sharp a point. Feet would go to the side of the cross arranged artistically at different levels. If I was to be crucified I would insist on the same of course with a couple of pretty wenches to do the deed.
Well, I don’t think you’d get a choice on hand-forged. Spun nails wouldn’t be invented for another 1500-1700 years. Otherwise I agree!

Back
Top Bottom