Passings...

Go to CruxDreams.com
Henry Heimlich, inventor of the Heimlich maneuver died at the age of 96. It has likely saved thousands of lives from choking on food and other foreign objects that get stuck in the trachea. In May of this year, Dr Heimlich used it to save the life of a fellow resident of his senior residence.
I was trained (renewed every three years). It's not perfect but used it twice... I was in wrong place at the right time. It is worth knowing... all of it!!!

Sad to announce that 2016 has claimed yet another musical legend - this time it's Rick Parfitt of status Quo who has died suddenly in Spain, aged 68 :(

R.I.P Rick...

Vesna Vulovic

Vesna Vulovic, stewardess who survived 33,000ft fall, dies

In 1972 she fell 33,000 feet without a parachute and survived. Two decades later she was fired from her job for standing up to Slobadan Milosevic and his nationalist crusade. While many suspect her fame prevented her from being arrested this was still a time when Milosevic's supporters were not above murdering their opponents. A brave woman who recovered from one tragedy and strove to help her country recover from another.

Vesna Vulovic 3 January 1950- 23 December 2016

Sad to announce that 2016 has claimed yet another musical legend - this time it's Rick Parfitt of status Quo who has died suddenly in Spain, aged 68 :(

R.I.P Rick...
Saw the Quo live in at outdoor gig at the old Lang Park rugby league stadium in January 1973 supporting Slade then again at Festival Hall in November 1974 but only ever bought the Piledriver LP (still have it).

A good stage act even against the glam rock of Slade but Pp's tastes were heavier and darker by then.

In recent years the band rather blotted their book doing television adverts for a local supermarket chain and, sadly, hearing "Down Down, Prices are Down" ruined a great old track.

And now it's George Michael :(

My three favourite George Michael songs;

2016 can fuck right off :(

RIP George...

Another great moment of Geoge Michael, was the hit and especially the video clip of the song Freedom! 90.

For those who do not know this video was released in October 1990, and had special participation 5 of the most famous Top-Models of the early 90's:

Naomi Campbell, Tatjana Patitz, Linda Evangelista, Christy Turlington & Cindy Crawford.

In October 2010, in celebration of the 20 years of the video clip, a set-up was made with the 5 Top-Models photos that participated in the video clip.

A photo of each Top-Model in 1990 and another in 2010.

001.jpg Naomi Campbell, Tatjana Patitz, Linda Evangelista, Christy Turlington & Cindy Crawford.

002.jpg Naomi Campbell - 40 Years Old

003.jpg Tatjana Patitz - 44 Years Old

004.jpg Linda Evangelista - 45 Years Old

005.jpg Christy Turlington - 41 Years Old

006.jpg Cindy Crawford - 44 Years Old

The same was repeated in october 2013, 23 years of the video clip.

Top-Cat

Back
Top Bottom