Poll--Were you raised Catholic?

Go to CruxDreams.com
i'm really more into burnings than crux, i'm really just here because it's part of a similar community. that came before my conversion.

and i know it's the opposite of most people who frequent boards like this, but you would be amazed how many people change religion later in life, especially now that most churches have stopped recruiting or indoctrinating. even catholic schools are now teaching comparative religion and giving the kids the choice to confirm or not at the proper age. shopping around for the right religion is becoming more popular, so a lot of atheists are finding God for the first time.
I know I'm looking at a story....................you wrote together with Willowfall and Inquire??? about a punishment in a village by the inhabitants ....................a travel in a train or so.............but I can't find it back.

I know I'm looking at a story....................you wrote together with Willowfall and Inquire??? about a punishment in a village by the inhabitants ....................a travel in a train or so.............but I can't find it back.

i've done a lot of stories over the years. not so many lately, unfortunately. i'm not sure i know exactly which one you are referring to, but it is probably lost to history. i've been the victim a few times in those stories, but it's been a while since i've burned in the literary world. i should really get back to writing some time.

it is fun to have you here and i know you didn't wrote stories lately Inquire is of course Inquitrex if I am right.
I would be happy if you wrote some new ones ...........they were good We have here now a new group very good writers and I'm sure you would like there stories..................it is not all crux.......see our forum archives.

Checking by various searches, I fear it was a casualty of the June 2009 FTC attack?

Checking by various searches, I fear it was a casualty of the June 2009 FTC attack?
it was something I stored in 2006 on my own hard disk:doh::devil:

it is fun to have you here and i know you didn't wrote stories lately Inquire is of course Inquitrex if I am right.
I would be happy if you wrote some new ones ...........they were good We have here now a new group very good writers and I'm sure you would like there stories..................it is not all crux.......see our forum archives.
Are you sure it's not Ignitrix?
She had her own fire & burning site a few years ago, but, I think she's dropped out off the map lately.

No.....

I was raised Church of England but not from a very religious family. My earliest memories of the Crucifixion was a statue that was on a memorial. There was something that really reached out to me and has kept with me ever since. I have fantasised about being Crucified but ever acted on it. Sadly due to injuries sustained in an accident being suspended from a cross would be an issue now.... Shame really, I'd love to experience it if just once.
I have thought about what draws me to this facination and want to be crucified but I've never been able to work out why. I have done the whole loin cloth thing and stretching my arms across a wooden beam but that's as far as it got. It's nice to know I'm not the only one on the planet who has an interest in this.

Trev

You certainly are not the only one on the planet to have an interest in this.

But I wonder why there are so many who are fascinated by the thought of being crucified. It's not as if it is a pleasant idea.

Could it be the thought of being subjected to such agony? Well any form of torture would suffice.

Could it be the notion of sharing the same suffering of Christ? One would have to be deeply religious to take that on board, but it is the reason why so many saints & holy figures have earnestly desired to empathise with their crucified Lord. Well that is what they admitted to, but just maybe there was more to it than what they admitted to? A desire that goes beyond piety, one that we understand & freely admit to here!

Is it the desire to be manipulated into a horrible experience against one's will? The 'I am the innocent victim' syndrome?

Could it be the fact that as a crucified victim one is the centre of attention of a lot of people? I'm sure there is something in this. As a very shy person being the centre of attention in that way is something I would dread, that makes the whole thing a fascinating nightmare for me!

Lastly could it be the sexual element of being publicly exposed to a crowd of people totally naked? There must be a lot in this, if not everything for us here. Not so much the exhibitionist thing of the flasher male, but more the shame of one's intimacy being put up for everyone to see, though I am sure there is a bit of the exhibitionist in it. The crucifixion pose is a really erotic way for a body to be exhibited, it shows everything starkly; breasts pulled up, belly & chest stretched, arms wide & in supplication, genitals in full view, etc.

But there is also the ritual involved that I think is fascinating & appealing to those interested in trying out the victim bit. There is a narrative that goes from mockery, violence - beatings up, stripping, sexual mistreatment & scourging. Carrying a heavy beam through crowded streets. And finally nailing to a cross & being raised up for all to see till one expires hours or days later. It's a narrative far more evocative than any other execution method.

But I wonder why there are so many who are fascinated by the thought of being crucified. It's not as if it is a pleasant idea.

Could it be the thought of being subjected to such agony? Well any form of torture would suffice.

Could it be the notion of sharing the same suffering of Christ? One would have to be deeply religious to take that on board, but it is the reason why so many saints & holy figures have earnestly desired to empathise with their crucified Lord. Well that is what they admitted to, but just maybe there was more to it than what they admitted to? A desire that goes beyond piety, one that we understand & freely admit to here!

Is it the desire to be manipulated into a horrible experience against one's will? The 'I am the innocent victim' syndrome?

Could it be the fact that as a crucified victim one is the centre of attention of a lot of people? I'm sure there is something in this. As a very shy person being the centre of attention in that way is something I would dread, that makes the whole thing a fascinating nightmare for me!

Lastly could it be the sexual element of being publicly exposed to a crowd of people totally naked? There must be a lot in this, if not everything for us here. Not so much the exhibitionist thing of the flasher male, but more the shame of one's intimacy being put up for everyone to see, though I am sure there is a bit of the exhibitionist in it. The crucifixion pose is a really erotic way for a body to be exhibited, it shows everything starkly; breasts pulled up, belly & chest stretched, arms wide & in supplication, genitals in full view, etc.

But there is also the ritual involved that I think is fascinating & appealing to those interested in trying out the victim bit. There is a narrative that goes from mockery, violence - beatings up, stripping, sexual mistreatment & scourging. Carrying a heavy beam through crowded streets. And finally nailing to a cross & being raised up for all to see till one expires hours or days later. It's a narrative far more evocative than any other execution method.

I suppose the only way to know for sure is to experience it...... The proof is always in the pudding as they say. Being forcibly handled, stripped, flogged and exhibited for all to see? Who knows so many feelings and experiences all crammed into one action.... If you didn't know before you would after.

Trev

I think all those who fantasise about being crucified know what motivates them personally. I was wondering more in general terms. A psychologist would have an interesting load of case studies with us lot!

I think all those who fantasise about being crucified know what motivates them personally. I was wondering more in general terms. A psychologist would have an interesting load of case studies with us lot!
Why would we need a psychologist? You mean to tell me that having crux fantasies is not normal:p
Great, now you've got me worried that there is something wrong with me. I always thought I was just a normal red blooded American Catholic boy:devil:
Oh well, can't do anything about it now.....think I will go look at some crux pics now to feed my need;)

Last edited:

Could it be the thought of being subjected to such agony? Well any form of torture would suffice. . . . . .

But there is also the ritual involved that I think is fascinating & appealing to those interested in trying out the victim bit. . . . It's a narrative far more evocative than any other execution method.

All good points PhilX. I suspect it is different for different people, one of the great things about crux :) , there are so many elements to it.
For some it is the thought of torture, of humiliation, etc. For some the ritual, or the sacrifice.
But there is also a genuine pleasure in the physicality of crucifixion, obviously without the nails and death! There is a pleasure in the suspension, in the stretching, in the testing of body and will.

You mean to tell me that having crux fantasies is not normal:p

It's normal here, Hondo :D

Are you sure it's not Ignitrix?
She had her own fire & burning site a few years ago, but, I think she's dropped out off the map lately.
y're completely right......................she, Zorff and willowfall were the leading character in many stories about bats and crucifying

Why would we need a psychologist? You mean to tell me that having crux fantasies is not normal:p
Great, now you've got me worried that there is something wrong with me. I always thought I was just a normal red blooded American Catholic boy:devil:
Oh well, can't do anything about it now.....think I will go look at some crux pics now to feed my need;)

No, I didn't mean that it wasn't normal, I was thinking of how differing are the ways we all approach this. But then again I have never believed in a 'normal' personality, if it did exist it had to be incredibly boring!

No, I didn't mean that it wasn't normal, I was thinking of how differing are the ways we all approach this. But then again I have never believed in a 'normal' personality, if it did exist it had to be incredibly boring!
I was just joking around with my post, I know you didn't mean it wasn't normal. I agree with what you've said, that we all approach this differently, and "normal" is boring.
I just do not trust psychologists :p

Could it be the notion of sharing the same suffering of Christ?
Could it be the fact that as a crucified victim one is the centre of attention of a lot of people?
Lastly could it be the sexual element of being publicly exposed to a crowd of people totally naked? There must be a lot in this, if not everything for us here.
But there is also the ritual involved that I think is fascinating & appealing to those interested in trying out the victim bit. .
Very thoughtful responses in this thread! As other shave stated I'm sure it plays out differently for different people, but I agree with PhilX that there is likely a common sexual element. Except for a pure masochist (which I am not) it's hard to imagine anyone volunteering to actually be crucified for no reason... clearly a horrible death exceeding any physical limits we would sign up for; plus it suggests having no reason to live - suicide! I suppose there is also the question of victim vs. witness...for example I find images of crucified women much more interesting and erotic than those of crucified men, yet the fantasy of myself on the cross is always appealing - not in the middle of the day at work or play, but in more private moments when the mood is right.

To Phil's list I would add the notion of surrender - the freedom in having nothing left to lose (Joplin). No need to be or to care for anything or anyone else..

...and I suppose, for most at least, this is all just recreation! Takes the mind off the myriad cares and demands of life for a while.

Back
Top Bottom