Revenge of the Pulps

Go to CruxDreams.com
Whew! that last one is just incredible!
I know I've been a little irregular recently due to multiple evacuations and needs to catch up with RL, writing more in the second book of the Agent, and general personal funk. However, we've had a decent run today and we'll finish with a slightly different cover:
View attachment 623395Battle cry, August 1961
"Special!!! The Secret of More Sex Power" Three exclamation points it must be a big breakthrough,a and, who doesn't want more sex power?

"Chinatown's bloodiest axeman Mock Duck...King of all Killers" - stay out of Chinatown. Wait, is that PC?

"The strange story from behind red lights - The Call-Girl Who Doesn't Like Men" Wait, how is this possible? Girls whose entire relationship with men consists of being used as a piece of meat for their pleasure, often treated roughly, their feeling disregarded (except that they need to have a massive orgasm every time - does that sound familiar, gals?), and knowing they will be kicked, literally to the gutter when they show signs of natural aging. How could they not like men?? Ingrates!!

"The Kremlin has discovered that Nymphos make the best spies" Remember Anna Chapman? View attachment 623396

On the cover it is heartwarming to see a girl allowed to pursue her chosen career and enjoying her work so much. (Deep cleavage is a job requirement!). Be careful if a Commie asks for your hand!:eek:
Those uniforms don't look Soviet. The helmets look Nazi and the boss guy's looks Chinese. And that ax just screams Henry VIII

Something for everyone... keeps the sponsor happy
Precisamente! Pardon me, I'm getting into Spanish in my new book. Precisely! Battle Cry often went with the guy, stripped to the waist, being tortured by a sexy female Nazi, Commie, etc. I think they wanted a audience of broader fetishes and maybe nationalities.

Precisamente! Pardon me, I'm getting into Spanish in my new book. Precisely! Battle Cry often went with the guy, stripped to the waist, being tortured by a sexy female Nazi, Commie, etc. I think they wanted a audience of broader fetishes and maybe nationalities.

Just market savvy... they wanted to sell more mags

Those uniforms don't look Soviet. The helmets look Nazi and the boss guy's looks Chinese
All easily explained. The Soviet Union was badly damaged after the war, so they looted Germany, perhaps including uniforms. Just put out a general order: "Don't Shoot Guys in German Uniforms, they are Us" (the Germans are in second hand prison rags in Siberia!).

Post the Chi-Coms winning. the Soviets were quite friendly with them for a while. The boss guy is an exchange officer learning the hand chopping-off technique.

From the Rich Oberg Collection, super sized, no background information.
Why did Charles Bronson join the biker gang. Sex, of course. Sexy guy , Sexy girl, and a cheering response from their friends! YEAH!
19106125934_1f3ec90429_o.jpg
Note the lead Biker, "This Bud's for you!" First recorded use of slogan!

From the Rich Oberg Collection, super sized, no background information.
Why did Charles Bronson join the biker gang. Sex, of course. Sexy guy , Sexy girl, and a cheering response from their friends! YEAH!
View attachment 623423
Note the lead Biker, "This Bud's for you!" First recorded use of slogan!

Memo to myself: Cancel Biker date! :confused:

A Book Bonus
23544263594_19d81d7695_o.jpg
Homicide Bride "Three of her Lovers had died before they could wed her or bed her...It seemed Harmony Promised to Marry for Better or for Hearse!" Sounds a lot like two of my ex-wives.

I recommend that all of you (men and women) enlarge and read the first page. If it doesn't get you hot, check if you have a pulse.

Men Today May 1963 Super Size Collectors Edition
14969537802_161677e778_o.jpg
"Love Captive of the Ravaging Nymphs of the Desert" I think I get the attraction of being a captive of Ravaging Nymphs. aside of course from the obvious, they unlike your long-suffering wife, want to have sex with you all the time. No I mean its easy. No work , no decisions, not even selecting the Nymph for the moment. You lie there, tied up or not, no matter, and these Nude, Passion-starved Nymphs come to you for sex. (Yes I know the blurb doesn't say nude or passion-starved, but come on, you know they will be.)

"Midnight Mayhem - The Graveyard shift cop in Action." Again we support our boys in blue and any real man wants to read about then. You are a real man aren't you?

"Grind Us to Pulp Under the Tiger's Tread" subtle plug for Pulp magazines? The Battle of the Bulge -WWII stories were a dime a dozen and helped fill the mag.

"Screaming Virgins Horror for Signor" Where do they get this endless supply of virgins to make scream? Hint, young girls, have sex soon or you may end up as a screaming virgin. Or maybe they're screaming because Daryll just took of his pants and show the after effects of Dicktheria.

"Chained nudes in Hitler's Laboratory of Agony" Nice title, pretty girl, angry evil Nazi, Scientist gritting his teeth, Hunchback (no complaints dwarf, just reporting the scene) carrying whipped girl into the freezer. Honestly, I don't care! Some vacuum chamber to make her pass out and die. Hung up in a freezer to turn into a human pop-sickle. Maybe unpleasant for the girls (who cares about them anyway?), but it isn't erotic to me. I don't get my r***s off from it. (Excuse the language dwarf, get back to carrying those rocks to weigh down the girl)

Coming soon to a thread near you:

"Stripped for the Swastika"
"I was a Surfers' Orgy Girl" - don't push in line, Ladies!
"Let's All go Naked!"
"Blood for a Nympho's Flesh"

Remember the advice given to new army recruits: "Keep you mouth shut, your bowels open, and NEVER volunteer!

Man’s Daring May 1965 artist, John Duillo
13931504124_bc73f2b011_o.jpg
“Medical Report: 10 Ways to Improve your Sex Life” I’m beginning to think that the readers of these magazines suffered from problems in their sex lives. If so, might it have been caused by excessive time in the bathroom, alone except for this magazine and their hand? Just Saying!

“Red Plot Against Peace Corps Girls” Wow, that is very disturbing. Those young, innocent, nubile…hope they have Cover Art and a full story next month!

“Back-Room Joy Girls of Las Vegas” I wouldn’t really know anything about this. I was in the back-rooms in Reno!

“Saber Dancer Who whipped a Killer” It’s not surprising, with the saber, the dancer was able to overcome the killer. More interesting question is whether we can see the dance!

“SPECIAL BONUS A shocking True Story of Violence and Lust” pointing to the paperback book length special included in the issue. Note that it’s a fake, there was no paperback, just a normal Nazi Story, “Stripped for the Swastika” Not really a disappointment since that is a GREAT title and the excerpt “…They cornered the French woman, but the rest of us hid. We couldn’t believe these fiends in the jack boots wanted her flesh…” Well, I could believe it! And I bet “the rest of us” hung around for a ring-side view of the action! Sexy redhead (love 'em) with her girls coming out. (Round 1 to the Nazis by unanimous decision, Round 2 to the Nazis by unanimous decision, Round 3 to the Nazis by unanimous decision, Round 4 to the Nazis by Knockout!!)

My kind of prize fight!

Get ready, Pulpers, this is a BIG one!
Man’s Exploits, September 1963, Cover by Norm Eastman
4643062783_dd39d2f5a8_o.jpg
Man's Exploits was one of the sub-group of Pulps called “men’s sweats” not because the men pictured were particularly sweaty, but because they tended to be very cheaply produced, badly edited and full of raunchy stories. Some were sleazy enough to be “under the counter” magazines. Think sweatshop.
Since this issue is a rather quality example of the group, we will explore it in depth:

“The Vicious Vampire Vamps of Vera Cruz” A winner on alliteration alone. Here is the inside title:
Vicious Vamps - 2 page[1].pngWith this longer Blurb: “Chunks of flesh had been ripped from the sailor's blood-soaked corpse by sharp teeth, and in his throat was a gaping hole encircled with red that was NOT blood – but lipstick! Most incredible of all, each clue led straight toward the spoiled young wife of the wealthiest man in town, and her thrill-mad girlfriends.”
The entire story on PDF below.,, including ad for wonderful, "Saucy Scanties." Did men buy these for their wives? Love to be a fly on the wall when he presented those, “Honey, I have a surprise for you!”

Two GGA (Good Girl Art – over sexy, but naïve girl in suggestive poses)
img238[8].pngimg239[19].png

There’s the anti-Commie yarn “CHIANG KAI-SHEK’S SUICIDE SQUAD OF NAKED GIRL RAIDERS.” According to the promotional subhead for that credibility stretching tale:
“Before advancing against Red outposts, the lushly-curved, almond-eyed raiders stripped off all their clothes. ‘The sight of beautiful, nude girls coming toward them spoils the enemy’s aim,’ it was explained to me. And, looking at this suicide corps of beauties, I could see it might...”

“We fought the KILL-CRAZY HELL PIRATES of the MALAY STRAIGHTS” — postulates a world where the pirates are beautiful, scantily-clad babes. And looking at the inside shows:Kill-Crazy Hell Pirates[4].png

“I RESCUED 100 GIRLS FROM DICTATOR KASSEM’S HAREM!” at least has a tenuous connection to reality. It tells the story of a Yank who gets involved in the February 1963 revolution that overthrew the Iraq dictator Abdel Karim Kassem.
Kassem was an Iraqi military officer who seized power in 1958. He apparently had some Commie pinko ideas, like redistributing land owned by rich Iraqis to impoverished farmers. And, when he got a little too cozy with Soviet Russia, the CIA encouraged the February 1963 coup by Saddam Hussein’s Ba’ath party. {This was Barb’s second Mission with Jewels with Kathy joining them; it didn’t turn out exactly as planned}, Kassem was killed in the revolt and the way began being paved for Saddam Hussein’s eventual rise to power. Somehow the history books and other websites leave out the part about Kassem’s harem. Here in the artwork, Barb is again left “holding the bag” and ending up in Saddam’s interrogation rooms.Iraq Harem Girls[4].pngLiterally holding the bag.

“BULLWHIP BATTLE on the Dude Ranch for Divorcees” — is about a unique Western ranch where bored, rich babes go to indulge in some cowboy love and whip lashings. Somehow the cover morphed into real bulls!

Attachments

• VampireVampsstory,Man'sExploits09-63.pdf
    7 MB · Views: 18
Get ready, Pulpers, this is a BIG one!
Man’s Exploits, September 1963, Cover by Norm Eastman
View attachment 623641
Man's Exploits was one of the sub-group of Pulps called “men’s sweats” not because the men pictured were particularly sweaty, but because they tended to be very cheaply produced, badly edited and full of raunchy stories. Some were sleazy enough to be “under the counter” magazines. Think sweatshop.
Since this issue is a rather quality example of the group, we will explore it in depth:

“The Vicious Vampire Vamps of Vera Cruz” A winner on alliteration alone. Here is the inside title:
View attachment 623642With this longer Blurb: “Chunks of flesh had been ripped from the sailor's blood-soaked corpse by sharp teeth, and in his throat was a gaping hole encircled with red that was NOT blood – but lipstick! Most incredible of all, each clue led straight toward the spoiled young wife of the wealthiest man in town, and her thrill-mad girlfriends.”
The entire story on PDF below.,, including ad for wonderful, "Saucy Scanties." Did men buy these for their wives? Love to be a fly on the wall when he presented those, “Honey, I have a surprise for you!”

Two GGA (Good Girl Art – over sexy, but naïve girl in suggestive poses)
View attachment 623653View attachment 623654

There’s the anti-Commie yarn “CHIANG KAI-SHEK’S SUICIDE SQUAD OF NAKED GIRL RAIDERS.” According to the promotional subhead for that credibility stretching tale:
“Before advancing against Red outposts, the lushly-curved, almond-eyed raiders stripped off all their clothes. ‘The sight of beautiful, nude girls coming toward them spoils the enemy’s aim,’ it was explained to me. And, looking at this suicide corps of beauties, I could see it might...”

“We fought the KILL-CRAZY HELL PIRATES of the MALAY STRAIGHTS” — postulates a world where the pirates are beautiful, scantily-clad babes. And looking at the inside shows:View attachment 623661

“I RESCUED 100 GIRLS FROM DICTATOR KASSEM’S HAREM!” at least has a tenuous connection to reality. It tells the story of a Yank who gets involved in the February 1963 revolution that overthrew the Iraq dictator Abdel Karim Kassem.
Kassem was an Iraqi military officer who seized power in 1958. He apparently had some Commie pinko ideas, like redistributing land owned by rich Iraqis to impoverished farmers. And, when he got a little too cozy with Soviet Russia, the CIA encouraged the February 1963 coup by Saddam Hussein’s Ba’ath party. {This was Barb’s second Mission with Jewels with Kathy joining them; it didn’t turn out exactly as planned}, Kassem was killed in the revolt and the way began being paved for Saddam Hussein’s eventual rise to power. Somehow the history books and other websites leave out the part about Kassem’s harem. Here in the artwork, Barb is again left “holding the bag” and ending up in Saddam’s interrogation rooms.View attachment 623662Literally holding the bag.

“BULLWHIP BATTLE on the Dude Ranch for Divorcees” — is about a unique Western ranch where bored, rich babes go to indulge in some cowboy love and whip lashings. Somehow the cover morphed into real bulls!
Read the PDF. Fantastic sleazy period ads!

After a difficult job, I'll post some easy ones
art and title says it all
12572822705_7ba383da0c_h.jpg
What Louis meant by "Round Up the Usual Suspects." Those girls would make nice subjects for interrogation on any crime!
12119325255_970008c9c5_o.jpg

I recommend that all of you (men and women) enlarge and read the first page. If it doesn't get you hot, check if you have a pulse.
well it tells me it's time to pour a drink.... :devil:

Back
Top Bottom