Revenge of the Pulps

Go to CruxDreams.com
Get ready, Pulpers, this is a BIG one!
Man’s Exploits, September 1963, Cover by Norm Eastman
View attachment 623641
Man's Exploits was one of the sub-group of Pulps called “men’s sweats” not because the men pictured were particularly sweaty, but because they tended to be very cheaply produced, badly edited and full of raunchy stories. Some were sleazy enough to be “under the counter” magazines. Think sweatshop.
Since this issue is a rather quality example of the group, we will explore it in depth:

“The Vicious Vampire Vamps of Vera Cruz” A winner on alliteration alone. Here is the inside title:
View attachment 623642With this longer Blurb: “Chunks of flesh had been ripped from the sailor's blood-soaked corpse by sharp teeth, and in his throat was a gaping hole encircled with red that was NOT blood – but lipstick! Most incredible of all, each clue led straight toward the spoiled young wife of the wealthiest man in town, and her thrill-mad girlfriends.”
The entire story on PDF below.,, including ad for wonderful, "Saucy Scanties." Did men buy these for their wives? Love to be a fly on the wall when he presented those, “Honey, I have a surprise for you!”

Two GGA (Good Girl Art – over sexy, but naïve girl in suggestive poses)
View attachment 623653View attachment 623654

There’s the anti-Commie yarn “CHIANG KAI-SHEK’S SUICIDE SQUAD OF NAKED GIRL RAIDERS.” According to the promotional subhead for that credibility stretching tale:
“Before advancing against Red outposts, the lushly-curved, almond-eyed raiders stripped off all their clothes. ‘The sight of beautiful, nude girls coming toward them spoils the enemy’s aim,’ it was explained to me. And, looking at this suicide corps of beauties, I could see it might...”

“We fought the KILL-CRAZY HELL PIRATES of the MALAY STRAIGHTS” — postulates a world where the pirates are beautiful, scantily-clad babes. And looking at the inside shows:View attachment 623661

“I RESCUED 100 GIRLS FROM DICTATOR KASSEM’S HAREM!” at least has a tenuous connection to reality. It tells the story of a Yank who gets involved in the February 1963 revolution that overthrew the Iraq dictator Abdel Karim Kassem.
Kassem was an Iraqi military officer who seized power in 1958. He apparently had some Commie pinko ideas, like redistributing land owned by rich Iraqis to impoverished farmers. And, when he got a little too cozy with Soviet Russia, the CIA encouraged the February 1963 coup by Saddam Hussein’s Ba’ath party. {This was Barb’s second Mission with Jewels with Kathy joining them; it didn’t turn out exactly as planned}, Kassem was killed in the revolt and the way began being paved for Saddam Hussein’s eventual rise to power. Somehow the history books and other websites leave out the part about Kassem’s harem. Here in the artwork, Barb is again left “holding the bag” and ending up in Saddam’s interrogation rooms.View attachment 623662Literally holding the bag.

“BULLWHIP BATTLE on the Dude Ranch for Divorcees” — is about a unique Western ranch where bored, rich babes go to indulge in some cowboy love and whip lashings. Somehow the cover morphed into real bulls!
The rather tame cheesecake inside the same issue.
Man's Exploits cheesecake spread[18].png

All Man -Super Size
7609338620_5663c4b2b8_o.jpg
“A Couple who know the score tell Why We Love Wife-Swapping” Wife-Swapping turns out to be far more common than many believe. Show of hands out there? See! Remarkable number! I’ve always thought Wife-Swapping is a good example of the “grass is greener” phenomenon. You both are very bored with your frumpy wives (How dare she let her body go after carrying four little brats for you in five years, why can’t she spend an hour getting made-up and putting on Saucy Scanties, after scrubbing the linoleum all day...I could go on and on) Tom’s wife can’t be worse.

“I Found the Fabulous Lost Treasure of the Czars” – dang it, another treasure gone before I got there.

“Vampirism --- Fresh Blood for Breakfast” – this really just doesn’t need a comment! Just read it a few times without laughing or puking. As a very wise and sexy young lady once said, “Who Dreams This Stuff Up?”

“Seven Ways to Recognize a Nymphomaniac” This could be a good “news you can use” article. After all, who doesn’t want to recognize those nymphos out there? I, however, have only two ways, but they are sure-fire: 1. Any girl on CF (incoming!!); 2. Hey Buddy, any girl interested in you, Mr. Balding, Beer-Bellied, Drooling-Lecher, HAS to be a Nymphomaniac! And a severe case at that!

The reason I wanted to post this Pulp, was to show that the Nazis were not just bad guys. They had a casual, fun-loving, playful side!

In the midst of all that torturing and killing, we see them take time off to play a little game of Cat on the Rail to entertain some of their female guests. Look at the innocent, child-like expressions of joy on their faces! These are guys who know how to get in touch with their inner, sensitive, more feminine side! Got to love ‘em! And what a playful little twist, playing the game over quicksand! Like playing in the sandbox as a little boy!:devil-flip::mouse::elefant:

13991444350_9455b3cafd_o.jpg
Ever wonder what would happen to the whole of Western Civilization without Cleavage?

I know. Too horrid to Imagine!

Line from The Producers the movie for this thread, "Springtime for Hitler!" - "If you've got it, Baby, Flaunt It!"

Last edited:
Man’s Story August 1968 Large Format
5436717307_d8d053ce17_o.jpg

“Secret Sex Skills -How to Master Them” the frequency of this instruction in these mags, gives new meaning to “continuing education”

“Bring Back the Naked Angel of the Hell Rider’s Lust Cult” There will be actual naked angels in the second in The Agent series (not exactly “actual”, but it sells books) So many good words in one lame title. The inside edition
21656110-Mans_Story_Aug_1968_-_img163_Lust_Cult-600x415.jpg

“Psyching out: Our National Disgrace.” I confess this is one that leaves me without an intelligent thought. {You never have an intelligent thought!} Who said that? Five hours in the Harness of Terror.

“Parking Lot Passion – The Teenage Menace” There they go again, those passionate teenage (girls) being a Menace. We should start a neighborhood watch, be on the lookout for them!

“I was a Surfers’ ORGY GIRL” Note surfing was growing in national awareness. All I can say is “You Go Girl!”

Not Blurbed, but this was another inside story. White Slavery. Is it part of that investigation in “Basement Bound?”
21656111-Mans_Story_Aug_1968_-_img169_2pg-8x61.jpg
Also not Blurbed: "Love me to Death," What a way to go!
21656112-Mans_Story_Aug_1968_-_img175a-8x6-600x416.jpg
“Helpless Virgins on the Nazis’ Harness of Terror!” Love those helpless virgins; I keep saying girls, lose it early (I’m glad to do my part!) and the Nazis will leave you alone!

Rather gullible victim here, “Do you guarantee this will loosen up my sore back? And what’s the bare-chested guy doing with that torch?” “That’s just Horst Von Hassel. He’s going to weld a new fender on his BMW 326 salon."

Ah, the Nazis, up to their old tricks again. I remember these old pulp magazines from when I was young and almost every cover had the Nazis doing some dastardly thing, like abusing half naked women. (much to my delight). It is good that they added a little variety, though, and had biker gangs, white slavers and other deviant criminals abusing half naked women as well.

Ah, the Nazis, up to their old tricks again. I remember these old pulp magazines from when I was young and almost every cover had the Nazis doing some dastardly thing, like abusing half naked women. (much to my delight). It is good that they added a little variety, though, and had biker gangs, white slavers and other deviant criminals abusing half naked women as well.
Fun should be shared!

Peril , the All Man’s Magazine, September 1962
Mans Peril SEpt 1962 v6 #4.jpg
“special report: Happiness Pills and Your Love Life.” Just when you thought their promises couldn’t get any better, we get Love Life AND Happiness Pills. Warning: story concerns how tranquilizers (happiness pills) can interfere with erections! Uh Oh!

“Tarpon Can Bust You Back!” Tarpons are large air-breathing fish of the genus Megalops; one species is native to the Atlantic. Tarpons grow to about 4–8 ft long and weigh 60–280 lbs. Be careful lifting one. But really, who cares!

“Sex Scandal that rocked an Empire” - without further details, and with knowledge of how these mags stretched the truth, this could been any government of any country in the history of the world.

“Passport to Hell” see above. Boy, this is hard sometimes!

“Strange Cult of the Vampire Tarantulas!” now here’s a story that can tie you in knots. One with a sting to it. A riddle cocooned in mystery. Yeah, I know, those stories above just made me jaded. But seriously Tolkien come to Pulps

"But still, she was there, who was there before Sauron, and before the first stone of Barad-dûr; and she served none but herself, drinking the blood of Elves and Men, bloated and grown fat with endless brooding on her feasts, weaving webs of shadow; for all living things were her food, and her vomit darkness."
—The Two Towers
Shelob was a Great Spider, that was the greatest offspring of Ungoliant, the primordial spider.

Don’t you find, given the circumstances in the artwork, that the DID is only mildly annoyed?

I will never understand the "so-called" theater experts who review The Producers and say that the musical within the Musical, Springtime for Hitler, is a joke! I get a lump and all misty when I play my well-worn recording (no more than twice a day now!)

CHORUS:
Germany was having trouble
What a sad, sad story
Needed a new leader to restore
Its former glory
Where, oh, where was he?
Where could that man be?
We looked around and then we found
The man for you and me
Where, oh, where was he?
Where could that man be?
We looked around and then we found
The man for you and me!
LEAD TENOR STORMTROOPER:
And now it's...
Springtime for Hitler and Germany
Deutschland is happy and gay!
We're marching to a faster pace
Look out, here comes the master race!
Rhineland's a fine land once more!
Watch out, Europe
We're going on tour!
Springtime for Hitler and Germany...
CHORUS:
Look, it's springtime
LEAD TENOR STORMTROOPER:
Winter for Poland and France
CHORUS AND STORMTROOPER:
Springtime for Hitler and Germany!
CHORUS:
Springtime! Springtime!
Springtime! Springtime!
Springtime! Springtime!
Springtime! Springtime!
STORMTROOPER:
Come on, Germans
Go into your dance!
STORMTROOPER "ROLF":
I was born in Dusseldorf und that is why they call me Rolf.
STORMTROOPER "MEL":
Don't be stupid, be a smarty, come and join the Nazi party!
ULLA:
The Fuhrer is coming, the Fuhrer is coming, the Fuhrer is coming!
STORMTROOPER #1:
Heil Hitler!
STORMTROOPER #2:
Heil Hitler!
LEAD TENOR STORMTROOPER:
Heil Hitler!
ALL:
Heil Hitler!
ROGER (as Der Führer):
Heil myself
Heil to me
I'm the kraut
Who's out to change our history
Heil myself
Raise your hand
There's no greater
Dictator in the land!
Everything I do, I do for you!
CHORUS:
Yes, you do!
ROGER:
If you're looking for a war, here's World War Two!
Heil myself
Raise your beer
CHORUS:
Jawohl!
ROGER:
Ev'ry hotsy-totsy Nazi stand and cheer
CHORUS:
Hooray!
Ev'ry hotsy-totsy Nazi...
ROGER:
Heil myself!
CHORUS:
ROGER:
Heil myself!
CHORUS:
ROGER:
...stand and cheer!
THE HEIL-LOs:
The Fuhrer is causing a furor!
He's got those Russians on the run
You gotta love that wacky hun!
The Fuhrer is causing a furor
They can't say "no" to his demands
They're freaking out in foreign lands
He's got the whole world in his hands
The Fuhrer is causing a furor!
ROGER:
I was just a paper hanger
No one more obscurer
Got a phone call from the Reichstag
Told me I was Fuhrer
Germany was blue
What, oh, what to do?
Hitched up my pants
And conquered France
Now Deutschland's smiling through!
ULLA:
Challenge Tap, Challenge Tap,
Adolf digs a challenge tap,
Bring on the allies to hear the news,
the facts is the axis, cannot lose!
Cos' Mr H.
ROGER:
Who is that?
ULLA:
Mr H.
ROGER:
That's me!
ULLA:
Is wearing his dancing shoes!
STALIN:
I am Stalin,
You'll soon be fallin'!
CHURCHILL:
I am Churchill,
I'm here to win the day!
ROGER:
It ain't no myst'ry
If it's politics or hist'ry
The thing you gotta know is
Ev'rything is show biz
Heil myself
Watch my show
I'm the German Ethel Merman
Dontcha know
We are crossing borders
The new world order is here
Make a great big smile
Ev'ryone sieg heil to me
Wonderful me!
And now it's...
CHORUS:
Goose-step's the new step today
ROGER:
Springtime!
Goose-steps!
CHORUS MEN:
Bombs falling from the skies again
CHORUS:
Deutschland is on the rise again
ROGER & CHORUS:
U-boats are sailing once more
ROGER:
Means that...
CHORUS:
Soon we'll be going...
ROGER:
We've got to be going...
CHORUS:
You know we'll be going....
ROGER:
You bet we'll be going...
ROGER & CHORUS:
You know we'll be going to war!!

Excuse me. I have to go find some tissue (sniff).

Ok, following that brief Patriotic maudlin Interlude, Back to Pulps and a rather rare genre, Arab sex paperbacks!
The Lady from L.U.S.T. #4, 1968: 5 Beds to Mecca
4920488507_91501e70ac_o-600x991.jpgI love the way she conceals her sword and gun! I think a lot of you gals could learn from Operative Oh Oh Sex how to serve us men lying down. Any cupcakes out there want instruction? A show of hands; I'm prepared to teach!

Back
Top Bottom