The Lost Chronicle

Go to CruxDreams.com
I am going to take issue with that statement.

If you take the words in the context of when they were written they are actually very clever. They are purposed to tie the Hanoverian Regime into the then popular legends of Britain's founding and it is worth noting these legends pre-date the founding of England let alone the United Kingdom. The repeated reference to Britannia ruling the waves is an allusion to the Sovereignty of the Seas claim that had been made at various times by British monarchs and unsuccessfully enforced by the Stuarts, the new lot wanted to make it clear that this time the job would be done right. The tyrants reference is in fact a neat and politic capitulation to the Sovereignty of Parliament a key constitutional idea that the Stuarts had struggled with. The last verses simply reflect the spirit of the age and remind people that under the current order the economy is expanding by leaps and bounds, free thought and fresh ideas are tolerated and isn't life good (Oh and loads better than under those papist Stuarts)?

So the words are far from nonsense, propaganda yes but sensible if you understand the original context. :)

Again I think I need to find some shady branches :oops:

definitely overheating there RR:rolleyes:....but I read this with great interest all the same.....thank you!

CX! I just want to say this story is incredible!!!

The transition is so well laid out and it isn't even complete. The way you are setting the stage is terrific and I'm sure that what I am thinking is only a fraction of what you have in store for Barb and the rest of us.
I really mean it ... this is wonderfully written!!!!!!!!!!
flower3

CX! I just want to say this story is incredible!!!

The transition is so well laid out and it isn't even complete. The way you are setting the stage is terrific and I'm sure that what I am thinking is only a fraction of what you have in store for Barb and the rest of us.
I really mean it ... this is wonderfully written!!!!!!!!!!
flower3
And here I thought I was being sneaky!:oops: Thank you so much! Really means alot coming from you!:bdsm-heart:Hopefully I'll throw you off my trail a few times yet!:D

And here I thought I was being sneaky!:oops: Thank you so much! Really means alot coming from you!:bdsm-heart:Hopefully I'll throw you off my trail a few times yet!:D

Sneakiness is limited when you are chained to my desk or Tree has you buried in a cage....write damn it, write!!!!

Sneakiness is limited when you are chained to my desk or Tree has you buried in a cage....write damn it, write!!!!
Your writing slave has sponsorship requirements to meet! :rolleyes: jeez.....Barb is pissed when she finds the ankle shackle's lock picked and Blaire's bike gone. "Damn cyclocross! I better see some prize money from your racing if you think theses writing delays are acceptable Blaire!":devil:

Your writing slave has sponsorship requirements to meet! :rolleyes: jeez.....Barb is pissed when she finds the ankle shackle's lock picked and Blaire's bike gone. "Damn cyclocross! I better see some prize money from your racing if you think theses writing delays are acceptable Blaire!":devil:

Love the vignette :D :clapping:

Oh and good luck today :) :clapping::clapping:

Love the vignette :D :clapping:

Oh and good luck today :) :clapping::clapping:
Ugh...I don't need luck I need a time machine to fast forward to tonight! These meet and greet rides always end the same way. With the boys on the team getting fawned over by all the executives and big wigs and me riding with the few women that show up. Which always ends up with me having to hear 2 hours worth of complaining about the state of women's cycling with no solutions being offered...:doh:. But by far the worst are the company big wigs who don't know who I am who assume I'm a 15 year old token female developmental rider. Having to awkwardly explain I am anything but is horrible and embarrassing for all parties. (whew I really got into that one, rant over...)
Mmmmmmmm every time I see your naked pic I get so horny!!!!:devil:
You're not the only one!:very_hot:

Ugh...I don't need luck I need a time machine to fast forward to tonight! These meet and greet rides always end the same way. With the boys on the team getting fawned over by all the executives and big wigs and me riding with the few women that show up. Which always ends up with me having to hear 2 hours worth of complaining about the state of women's cycling with no solutions being offered...:doh:. But by far the worst are the company big wigs who don't know who I am who assume I'm a 15 year old token female developmental rider. Having to awkwardly explain I am anything but is horrible and embarrassing for all parties. (whew I really got into that one, rant over...)

You're not the only one!:very_hot:
LOL ...ok we can be horny together.;)

Hey your thread and you are among friends, of course you can vent...I will hope against hope that someone who inherited the family brain cell actually turns up today among the sponsors :) :devil:

Hey your thread and you are among friends, of course you can vent...I will hope against hope that someone who inherited the family brain cell actually turns up today among the sponsors :) :devil:
I do like a good rant! Most are cycling people who of course know who I am but USA Cycling always brings in a few people from larger non cycling related sponsors who make things awkward! I have memorized my 50 different answers for every time I'm asked about Lance Armstrong....(Pro Tip: When talking to a professional cyclist...DONT ASK WHAT WE FUCKING THINK ABOUT LANCE FUCKING ARMSTRONG!!!!)

I do like a good rant! Most are cycling people who of course know who I am but USA Cycling always brings in a few people from larger non cycling related sponsors who make things awkward! I have memorized my 50 different answers for every time I'm asked about Lance Armstrong....(Pro Tip: When talking to a professional cyclist...DONT ASK WHAT WE FUCKING THINK ABOUT LANCE FUCKING ARMSTRONG!!!!)
I remember him...I used to think he was a great man,now he is nothing but a phony.

Back
Top Bottom