Vintage Advertisement - political correctness not really given

Go to CruxDreams.com
Rediscovery of a old english custom?
View attachment 657833
That's an interesting photo - 'International pupils at an outdoor physical education class at the English-Scandinavian Summer School in Milner Court, Sturry, Kent' - not so much an English custom as a craze in the 1930s, the rise (and fall) of the women's health and beauty movement, with its links and parallels in Sweden, the USA, USSR and - notoriously - Nazi Germany, is an intriguing, if rather embarrassing, episode in the lives of our grandmothers and/or great-grandmothers https://flashbak.com/the-womens-lea...-and-the-birth-of-the-keep-fit-movement-4580/ (but I do like those little gym dresses!)

Last edited:
That's an interesting photo - 'International pupils at an outdoor physical education class at the English-Scandinavian Summer School in Milner Court, Sturry, Kent' - not so much an English custom as a craze in the 1930s, the rise (and fall) of the women's health and beauty movement, with its links and parallels in Sweden, the USA, USSR and - notoriously - Nazi Germany, is an intriguing, if rather embarrassing, episode in the lives of our grandmothers and/or great-grandmothers https://flashbak.com/the-womens-lea...-and-the-birth-of-the-keep-fit-movement-4580/ (but I do like those little gym dresses!)

I see (or want to see) a resemblance to the Walpurgisnight
and the Beltane Fire Festival
The-Annual-Beltane-Fire-Festival-5.jpg
or todays aerobic
Sexy_aerobics_80_New_Look_18.jpg
It reminds me of the old saying: I like feminist movement - as long as it is rhythmical :)

I see (or want to see) a resemblance to the Walpurgisnight
and the Beltane Fire Festival
View attachment 657939
or todays aerobic
View attachment 657940
It reminds me of the old saying: I like feminist movement - as long as it is rhythmical :)
A snippet of some Bryn Mawr College seniors doing the may pole on May Day. I attended these while at college at Haverford (Brother and Sister single sex colleges). I always admired the concept of 21 year old girls in white (God do they lie!) wrapping a massive pole with ribbons.

That bit where they are walking in a circle holding hands, raising one knee and then the other, head back, is screaming out for a backing track of "Springtime, for Hitler, and Germaneeeeeee"

Incoming!
:spank:

The politically correct thing now is to join the armed forces and run obstacle courses.

Someone once said that sex sells. It certainly seems to work selling sports cars and Pp always liked this old series for the MGB and Midget.

3D3E2535-7A01-40F5-9C24-C72887448743.jpeg 3F5C17B7-61F7-4F17-95DE-9AE72DBE4A8C.jpeg D90B8046-FD88-4AF7-83F8-5EB31C2EA2D8.jpeg F3AFCE3E-25F8-408B-9621-C6283E5D9ACB.jpeg 88844D87-78D3-4520-9D1A-FE64ABB1B2B9.jpeg

Though the Brits tend to be a little more subtle than those across the Atlantic

45BB666F-8C14-49C0-BCE7-64B6EB727508.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom