A Philosophical Thread about Good & Evil - Catastrophes, Coincidences & Theodicy

Go to CruxDreams.com
Wow ..a real live flat-earther.. I thought they were extinct, or in zoos. Um, with respect.. you do know how utterly crazy flat-Earth “theory” is? (It doesn’t even qualify as a theory). We can see the Earth is a globe dude you can fly round the damned thing... holy crap.. I don’t even know where to start. How do people fly across Antarctica without seeing the edge of the planet then? Or are they all part of a global conspiracy to hide the “truth”?
You can not fly around the earth! You just can fly up to say 10 km or 15km if you manage to get an F-15! then you crawl over something of which you do not know if it is a sphere, a disc, a donut, or whatever. You would have to go up to say 1000km to overlook the whole thing, so you desperately need a space ship, and there comes the crucial point. That space flights were promised me decades ago, and what happened? Well Elon Musk happened. And then, could you organise a flight over Antartica? Just look at www.flightradar24.com

Wow ..a real live flat-earther.. I thought they were extinct, or in zoos. Um, with respect.. you do know how utterly crazy flat-Earth “theory” is? (It doesn’t even qualify as a theory). We can see the Earth is a globe dude you can fly round the damned thing... holy crap.. I don’t even know where to start. How do people fly across Antarctica without seeing the edge of the planet then? Or are they all part of a global conspiracy to hide the “truth”?

It’s exactly the same as if I announced that water isn’t wet. Oh you were taught at school that water is wet were you? Very fishy. Must be a conspiracy of NASA and the leftist science-whores trying to impose Wet-waterism on everybody. I respect you as a member of this forum ..but no way can I respect that.. :doh:
Like, at ALL.. :doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh:
No, not a flat earth theory, but it is logical that the earth is somewhat stretched by its rotation at the points that are furthest away from the earth's axis, i.e. the equatorial region by centrifugal force, which is relatively thin in view of the earth's diameter.

You can not fly around the earth! You just can fly up to say 10 km or 15km if you manage to get an F-15! then you crawl over something of which you do not know if it is a sphere, a disc, a donut, or whatever. You would have to go up to say 1000km to overlook the whole thing, so you desperately need a space ship, and there comes the crucial point. That space flights were promised me decades ago, and what happened? Well Elon Musk happened. And then, could you organise a flight over Antartica? Just look at www.flightradar24.com
I would love it if you could link me to some photos of the disc’s “edge”, or the planet seen from space looking anything like a disc.. that would be great. Always keen to learn!

No, not a flat earth theory, but it is logical that the earth is somewhat stretched by its rotation at the points that are furthest away from the earth's axis, i.e. the equatorial region by centrifugal force, which is relatively thin in view of the earth's diameter.
Just think of measuring that. I guess they concluded that from radar reflections of satellites, else it is difficult.

I would love it if you could link me to some photos of the disc’s “edge”, or the planet seen from space looking anything like a disc.. that would be great. Always keen to learn!
You seen it on the UN flag, ask them. Me, I can just make pics of nude, crucified males or females. But I would also love to see pics from a spherical earth, we can not laugh at.... Love that ones.....

So we live on a CD? Actually, I hope it's a DVD. Longer play time!
I also know some people I'd like to throw down that hole in the middle. . . .

Just think of measuring that. I guess they concluded that from radar reflections of satellites, else it is difficult.
I don't know whether you can see the flattening on photos, it is less than 1/300 of the diameter.
Tomorrow I'll look to see if I can find something on the net.
And the difference in altitude can probably already be determined with the help of the GPS satellites. As I said, I'll have a look tomorrow.

You seen it on the UN flag, ask them
Seriously?? that’s a flag. It was literally designed by a graphic designer. What, it’s mean to to prove flat Earth? Come on. I wasn’t born yesterday. I’m still 50% sure you’re just pretending..
But I would also love to see pics from a spherical earth,
There you go:
E64DE5CD-7325-4D83-A7C3-E37D0B3CA915.jpeg
taken by Bill Anders on board Apollo 8 in December 1968. Now please show me a photo of the Earth disc’s “edge” as I asked. :rolleyes: If you can’t, I’ll begin to suspect you might have innocently fallen for a rather obvious and transparent fraud.:confused:

Seriously?? that’s a flag. It was literally designed by a graphic designer. What, it’s mean to to prove flat Earth? Come on. I wasn’t born yesterday. I’m still 50% sure you’re just pretending..

There you go:
View attachment 946705
taken by Bill Anders on board Apollo 8 in December 1968. Now please show me a photo of the Earth disc’s “edge” as I asked. :rolleyes: If you can’t, I’ll begin to suspect you might have innocently fallen for a rather obvious and transparent fraud.:confused:
You do not see the point? As long as you are not Bill Anders that pic does not help. In court, my lawyer just would snore: "hearsay" and it is gone. Sceptical would mean you repeat it, eg to make that pic again and that is what the globe earther don't do, to give me the recent pic of the globe, not one supposedly done decades ago, without any prove of authenticity. Just fly to the moon and take one....

You do not see the point? As long as you are not Bill Anders that pic does not help. In court, my lawyer just would snore: "hearsay" and it is gone. Sceptical would mean you repeat it, eg to make that pic again and that is what the globe earther don't do, to give me the recent pic of the globe, not one supposedly done decades ago, without any prove of authenticity. Just fly to the moon and take one....
You still haven’t provided me with a photo of the disc’s edge, why is that?

In the meantime, I guess that the "great flat or globe Earth conspiracy" is an extension of the "great German Bielefeld conspiracy"!
There are 3 decisive questions for proving the conspiracy about the German city Bielefeld which was said for decades NOT to exist:
  1. Do you know anybody from Bielefeld?
  2. Have you ever been to Bielefeld?
  3. Do you know anybody who has ever been to Bielefeld
Compare these conspiracies here:

Extension to the theory of a flat Earth:
1. Do you know anybody from this obscure planet Earth who ever told you that he comes from the globe Earth?
2. Have you ever been at a point which proves that Earth is a globe?
3. Do you know anybody who has ever been to a point where he or she could see the globe of the Earth?

So, I am almost sure that the global planet Earth exists as little as the German city of Bielefeld!
By the way, could you deliver me a proof that I exist? Probably not and so I try to disappear for some hours in a little logic-puff!

As long as you are not Bill Anders that pic does not help.
You just throw out all photographic evidence of everything, unless you took the photo yourself? I’m beginning to see why your grip on reality is so tenuous
Sceptical would mean you repeat it, eg to make that pic again
Sceptical would mean not falling for obvious hoaxes, frauds and primitive superstitions such as the idea that the Earth is flat.. you don’t have to repeat every scientific experiment yourself before you can believe it. And anyway what photos have you got on your side that you have verified? The flag of the United Nations is all you’ve offered. Or.. if you have something, show me.
globe earther
Never been called that before. Thanks! :p

In the meantime, I guess that the "great flat or globe Earth conspiracy" is an extension of the "great German Bielefeld conspiracy"!
There are 3 decisive questions for proving the conspiracy about the German city Bielefeld which was said for decades NOT to exist:
  1. Do you know anybody from Bielefeld?
  2. Have you ever been to Bielefeld?
  3. Do you know anybody who has ever been to Bielefeld
Compare these conspiracies here:

Extension to the theory of a flat Earth:
1. Do you know anybody from this obscure planet Earth who ever told you that he comes from the globe Earth?
2. Have you ever been at a point which proves that Earth is a globe?
3. Do you know anybody who has ever been to a point where he or she could see the globe of the Earth?

So, I am almost sure that the global planet Earth exists as little as the German city of Bielefeld!
By the way, could you deliver me a proof that I exist? Probably not and so I try to disappear for some hours in a little logic-puff!
Even worse some time ago I found out about the USA conspiracy. You probably know that NASA states they lost all their telemetry data's of the moon flight? The same happened to Columbus all his datas were lost and his ships were burned! So America was never discovered. The prove is simple! Do you really believe the something like president Donald Trump ever existed? You might surely are joking!

We don't have as the globilist don't have and that makes us suspicious.... But look at that, the work of a good artist, quite as good as those working with NASAView attachment 946719. or similar to the NASA documentations....
Fine, I get it, you’re clearly just joking, you don’t believe any of this flat Earth hog wash. You fooled me for a while, nice trolling, good joke :clapping:

You just throw out all photographic evidence of everything, unless you took the photo yourself? I’m beginning to see why your grip on reality is so tenuous

Sceptical would mean not falling for obvious hoaxes, frauds and primitive superstitions such as the idea that the Earth is flat.. you don’t have to repeat every scientific experiment yourself before
Oh yes! You have to repeat all the experiments time and time again, many such as the pendulum are done at every school every year many times, experiments just reported or not repeated again are not part of science. Also the calculations are done many times again. Just to make an example. My thesis was recalculated 3 times during just my doctoral time, by 3 peoples at 2 different countries. Who knows how many times since then... And my work was far from being important. You start most research you start with an experiment done before and then you improve or change, bit with your start you repeated the experiment. That is the very central part of science and it makes it annoying for many people.

you want an experiment?

@dfg42 I have a homework assignment for you and @montycrusto

We will be falsifying beliefs. Good models of the world can make accurate predictions. Make no mistake, I’m not here to debate you, this is a rebuke. You can do your homework or you can let me do it for you. First, from each of you, given our locations on the earth, I will need to see what your predicted shadow lengths are for each of us at a certain simultaneous time we will decide in DMs.

We will be measuring the approximate shape of the earth using only light from the sun, using the shadows of one meter long poles. For the purposes of the experiment I will tell you my exact lattitude and longitude and I expect you and him to do the same. A meter long piece of plywood should not be difficult to get your hands on, and as a show of good faith, I’m willing to pay for your trip to the hardware store.

now, with some trig, it is possible to figure out the curve of the earth using only two shapes at two points, if you assume the sun is an incredible distance away, (like it is) But you know as well as I do, that you could simply create a model with the sun much closer and the earth much flatter and the math would still check out. So we will be using three points. Using triangulation we can find not only the curve of the earth, but the distance to the sun.

Now, if it is just impossible for all of us to see the sun from our location, it’s an L for your model.

If the predicted shadow lengths, given a spotlight sun are wrong it’s an L for your model

And finally I if you are unwilling to submit your... creative and heterodox views to peer review, that’s an L for your model.

you want an experiment?

@dfg42 I have a homework assignment for you and @montycrusto

We will be falsifying beliefs. Good models of the world can make accurate predictions. Make no mistake, I’m not here to debate you, this is a rebuke. You can do your homework or you can let me do it for you. First, from each of you, given our locations on the earth, I will need to see what your predicted shadow lengths are for each of us at a certain simultaneous time we will decide in DMs.
Nope, there is one free parameter to much in the model you can explain your shadow, either by a far apart sun and a globe earth or a flat earth and a near sun, about 11000km, calculated some time ago. You first would have to show that sun is far apart or the sun rays are parallel. And guess what? When I was in school (and when I teached that topic) you first mentioned that and then(!) you calculated the earth diameter. It has been lost..... funny, and then you are surprised flat earth comes up again. The main reason is that believing in stupid theories has replaced testing them, such as science would do.

Back
Top Bottom