Alice Kiss - Crux Legend

Go to CruxDreams.com
I like to tune in to this thread to find out exactly what I did! Usually I have little idea where the pics came from. Bob this time however is only 99.85% accurate. Keep this to yourselves folks but the "copper pot" is in fact an antique Indian brass cooking vessel (True!) and Alice is looking at it and the contents. Perhaps it may come in useful. We'll just have to see how events unfold.

As it turns out, my first manip of 2021 is a crucifixion of Alice manip. Alice and her friends are crucified by the mob, after Jesus and the two thieves mysteriously got away from the Gustav Doré pen and ink drawing. Anyway, this is the Jollyrei version of Doré's "Crucifixion of Jesus".

Crucifixion of Alice and her Disciples, by Jolly Doré.
Crucifixion1-JollyDore-2d.jpg

As Bobinder knows, there are several draft versions of this image, some of which play with filtered effects and various levels of colourization of the three women in question. I will likely post a few of those to my own "Filtered and Artistic Manips" thread, if I get any results that are worthwhile.

'Who knows what tomorrow might bring?'

According to information provided by Metart Studios, Alice pursued a modelling career to fund her university studies. She seems to have been an ambitious undergraduate, studying history and classical music as well as listing rock and folk music among her interests together with psychology. Whilst this possibly hints at aspirations to a career in music therapy, it is entirely likely that she fully understood the visual appeal of her own sexuality as well as the erotic appeal of nude bondage in re-enacting a historical crucifixion.

As a slim, 5'4" lightweight, she was able to perform feats of athletic endurance on the cross which arguably set the standard for many other crux performers. Along with her gymnastic abilities, her facial expressions in the crux shoot reflect a dedicated artiste pushing the pain barrier, all of which makes her one of the most convincing and memorable women to have hung on a cross for the purpose of thrilling an audience.

Such is the appeal of Alice, and I wonder if she could ever have surpassed her Cruxdreams performance had she taken the opportunity to repeat it. When asked in June 2011 if this was likely, Makar responded, 'Who knows? But I haven't heard from her for a few years.' Meanwhile Apostate had already proposed a sympathetic and credible reason for declining such an encore - 'Probably because it hurts like hell to hang from Makar's cross. For many models, however much they appeal to us, once is enough.'

Having made such a phenomenal impact, her subsequent nude modelling almost pales into insignificance in comparison. Whatever poses she struck for the camera afterwards, she was always the girl who hung on a cross for Makar. The sheer quantity of crux photo manipulations produced over a period of ten years, which feature Alice, are a tribute to her outstanding success in this role.

Makar originals with manips by Damian (#2, #9) Julie & Melissa (#3, #6, #7) and Jollyrei (#4.) Damian has employed Alice in several manips, referring to her affectionately as, 'this skinny little thing the late great Makar snapped and I have used in many pictures.' Julie & Melissa show both Alice and Koshka together in #6. In the dramatic sepiatone multiple crucifixion at #7, Alice appears with Makar models Oxana and Jane plus a Falco figure. Damian retains Makar's cross and ropes whilst the other manipulators sometimes substitute timber and nails. Note how Alice's stretch reveals her rib cage - tension in suspension!

View attachment 496868 View attachment 496869 View attachment 496870 View attachment 496871 View attachment 496873 View attachment 496874 View attachment 496875
View attachment 496876 View attachment 496877
Amazing work Bob!!! I love what you have done with Makar's photos! Wonderful!

As it turns out, my first manip of 2021 is a crucifixion of Alice manip. Alice and her friends are crucified by the mob, after Jesus and the two thieves mysteriously got away from the Gustav Doré pen and ink drawing. Anyway, this is the Jollyrei version of Doré's "Crucifixion of Jesus".

View attachment 948901

As Bobinder knows, there are several draft versions of this image, some of which play with filtered effects and various levels of colourization of the three women in question. I will likely post a few of those to my own "Filtered and Artistic Manips" thread, if I get any results that are worthwhile.
I think you have created a real Crux Classic here, Jollyrei! The original is one of the most action packed depictions of the crucifixion, and you have done a masterful job of substituting the figures and producing an image that most certainly ticks all my boxes! Amazing stuff!

Crucifixion1-JollyDore-2d.jpg

Congratulations Jolly, on presenting the first Alice crux manip of the year! We rarely see crux manips in which photographic elements are combined with black and white, linear artwork. The use of a wood engraving such as this one by Gustave Dore is even more unusual, and the result is quite impressive!

Dore was a prolific illustrator of biblical subjects and other themes, as well as a painter and sculptor of the nineteenth century French Romantic movement. His output is phenomenal, especially since I cannot find any reference to other artists producing the engravings from his original artwork. It is remarkable to consider that he cut every block himself, working in reverse on a mirror image until the first print could be produced.

Most of Dore's engravings were created as book illustrations, and in the case of Jollyrei's source image, the picture was produced for 'Bible Gallery', published in London and Tours in 1866 (according to Alamy.)

Gustave Dore cf JollyDore-2d.jpg

In Jolly's manipulation, Orchid's Slava is being nailed down in the foreground whilst Alice hangs, already crucified in an elevated position in the middle distance. I am hoping he will identify his third model, who is presumably awaiting similar treatment. The figures have been inserted as colour components, with appropriate modifications to the poses to make them fit the action in the engraving. The colour has been desaturated and I believe some experiments were undertaken with brush and filter treatments for blending the figures into the linear background.

Alice is blended from a pair of Femjoy images, both of which have coincidentally seen previous employment in 'Ivdaea Capta' composite figures. The sources are from Valery Anzilov's 'Freedom', photographed in bright sunlight on Ay Petri. Jollyrei notes that using a combination of two poses from a single session, in which the camera angle and lighting conditions remain constant, guarantees a good degree of consistency for joining the upper and lower halves of the figure. Of course, that description is oversimplifying the work, and in fact numerous minor adjustments have also been required.

Jollyrei Freedom composite demo.jpg

Ultimately the resulting image is an outstandingly original concept, and I look forward to seeing any forthcoming colour variations. Well done, Jolly! :)

Last edited:
Bobinder, who has been an invaluable source of ideas, tips, and techniques as I develop my own manip skills has done a colourization of the Crucifixion of Alice manip that I did in black and white (see above). I'm not entirely sure how he does this (I'm sure it's not as simple as crayons), but he has shown himself to be the master of colourization before now. I am personally flattered that he found my image interesting enough to do this rework. I personally think it's a splendid rework and deserves to be seen. :thumbup::):beer:

Crucifixion1a-JollyDore-2d-col-Bobinder.jpg

Last edited:
Bobinder, who has been an invaluable source of ideas, tips, and techniques as I develop my own manip skills has done a colourization of the Crucifixion of Alice manip that I did in black and white (see above). I'm not entirely sure how he does this (I'm sure it's not as simple as crayons), but he has shown himself to be the master of colourization before now. I am personally flattered that he found my image interesting enough to do this rework. I personally think it's a splendid rework and deserves to be seen. :thumbup::):beer:

Jollyrei Crucifixion1-JollyDore-2d-col-mod1.jpg

For some reason, I'm not allowed to view that :(

But your b&w version is, as everyone's agreed, an instant classic, blending the graceful lines - and the light and shade - of Alice perfectly into Dore's composition. Wouldn't he have loved Alice!

Jollyrei Crucifixion1-JollyDore-2d-col-mod1.jpg
Just as Eulalia cannot view/download this excellent colourisation of the Crucifixion of Alce Kiss, neither can I.

For some reason, I'm not allowed to view that
Just as Eulalia cannot view/download this excellent colourisation of the Crucifixion of Alce Kiss, neither can I.
I think this was due to some format issue with the jpeg file. I have resaved it as a standard jpeg. Hopefully will work now.

That works beautifully. I'm always keen on well-wrought b&w images, they have qualities that colour loses, but Bobinder's palette is just right,lovely muted tones.
The third model is apparently Hayden Winters.
I particularly like the way Jolly's integrated her into the picture in place of the swooning woman - her beatific expression, the way the man with the spear-shaft is now using it against her intimate parts, the other men around her jostling her towards her fate ... deliciously erotic!

The Appeal of Alice - We Can Do It

Alice has been fronting the latest fundraising campaigns for Cruxforums. Last month, @melissa launched a thread entitled, 'The Appeal of Alice' -

Melissa's short story describes Alice's trials and tribulations in attempting to raise the payment for January's funding. The narrative element is accompanied by a series of 'Julie and Melissa' manipulations, showing Alice as a captive, enslaved in Khabadami. The illustrations feature poses from her early sessions with MPL Studios. As these series have not been heavily exploited by manip artists, some original material is being presented for the first time. Following the success of the appeal, the first volume of 'Alice Kiss - Crux Legend' was published in PDF form for downloading by members. This has provided the opportunity for updating some of the information contained in this thread, and the PDF can be found in the archive -
https://www.cruxforums.com/xf/resources/alice-kiss-crux-legend-vol-1.825/

J & M test3.jpg

There is currently a new appeal thread for February's fundraising effort. Again, this contains an exciting, short story by Melissa, describing the further perilous adventures of Alice in Khabadami. This time the manipulations employ original poses from Femjoy, not previously seen in manips, as well as from MPL Studios. Additionally, ImageMaker has kindly provided a short promotional clip from the beginning of the 'Crux Forest' video. The current thread is entitled, 'We Can Do It' -

With the fundraising thermometer now showing 70%, the editorial team are busy compiling the contents of the second volume in the PDF series. The intention is to publish this in celebration of a successful campaign. The cover of the first volume is Melissa's design, which combines the portrait taken by Makar after the end of the 'Crux Forest' filming, with a manipulation by SaintJohny. For the second volume, our intention is adapt the central section of my latest manip, 'Alicia Celestia 3' -

Alicia Celestia 3.jpg

This is the widescreen version. The portrait of Alice comes from the series, 'Tiempo' by Rylsky. The panoramic sky is composed in four sections, blended together. The gradient fade on the portrait runs vertically from full opacity at the top to clear transparency at the bottom of the picture. A highlight beneath the gradient layer preserves the facial detail and prevents the face from dissolving into the clouds in this area. There are twelve visible layers, including blending filters. As an experiment in gradient fading, it has prompted Melissa to employ the same technique in her own Alice manips for the present appeal. :)

Last edited:
A lot of my favorite Alice manips, Bob. But I hope mightily that in Vol. 2 you’ll find a place for

FBD3A12E-7387-4966-9335-074117835B97.jpeg

which is not just my favorite Bobnearld/Bobinder manip, but one the hottest crux artworks in existence.

Back
Top Bottom