And Again

Go to CruxDreams.com
on Thanksgiving Day I was with a group of people and one of them told us when as a child she misbehaved she would have to get 'her martinet' so she could be punished. I was one of the few that knew what she was talking about...

...such an educational website and a nice picture...

T

Yes myfriend alot of people do not know what a martinet is , i am all for `educating` them especially if the subject is female

I'll admit I only knew the other sense of 'martinet' before I discovered these instructive Forums,
a person who demands complete obedience; a strict disciplinarian.
"the woman in charge was a martinet who treated all those beneath her like children"
synonyms:disciplinarian, slave-driver, stickler for discipline, taskmaster,taskmistress, authoritarian, tyrant

I'll admit I only knew the other sense of 'martinet' before I discovered these instructive Forums,
a person who demands complete obedience; a strict disciplinarian.
"the woman in charge was a martinet who treated all those beneath her like children"
synonyms:disciplinarian, slave-driver, stickler for discipline, taskmaster,taskmistress, authoritarian, tyrant

There, see.... I thought it was some kind of disciplinarian, rather than a whip.

yes, Jean Martinet was a notorious army officer in the time of Louis XIV
From the 1660's onwards, Louis XIV aimed at expanding French territory by force of arms. He thought in this way to acquire gloire (glory). Another war aim was giving France a defensible frontier - especially "the line of the Rhine" in the East. Louis XIV did not doubt his right to "reunite" with France the territory once held by Charlemagne.

Michel Le Tellier, Marquis of Louvois and Henri de la Tour d'Auvergne, Viscount Turenne had created a large and efficient army that became Louis's main instrument in overawing neighboring countries.

guards.jpg

Louvois imposed a high level of discipline of the troops - his drill master was Jean Martinet: - so strict an officer that to this day the word martinet is used to mean a rigid disciplinarian.
Louvois also organized a commissariat department to supply the French army. Until his system of magazines and supply dumps was introduced, armies had to forage (often to loot) the surrounding area for food and supplies. Efficient supply enabled the French army to concentrate on military operations.

Louis XIV saw England as weak, and believed he could easily control its monarchs by bribes. The Dutch he regarded as trading rivals, seditious republicans, and heretics. Nonetheless, his first military expedition was in the Spanish Netherlands.
rhine1672inv.jpg

The Dutch then removed De Witt from power (he was murdered soon afterwards) and placed the young William of Orange in power.

Europeanflag.png

French success created new allies for the Dutch. Turenne had to detach troops to send against Frederick William of Brandenburg-Prussia, who was soon forced to make peace (June 1673).

deruyter.jpg

Michiel Adriaenszoon de Ruyter
(1607-1676)
In August 1673 the French and English fleets fought another battle against the Dutch at Texel. The French ships never properly engaged and the English fleet bore the brunt of De Ruyter's fierce attack. The Dutch ships were eventually forced to withdraw because they had exhausted their supplies of ammunition. The English fleet limped home and Charles II concluded a separate peace in the Treaty of Westminster (February 1674).

The Holy Roman Empire and Spain also allied with the Dutch in the Grand Alliance of The Hague (1674). Denmark joined the alliance and attacked Sweden - France's only remaining friend. In June 1675, Sweden sent a poorly-equipped army against Brandenburg, but it was defeated at Fehrbellin (near Berlin). However the Danes invading Sweden were defeated at the Battle of Lund (December 1676)

Despite the many forces arrayed against him, Louis XIV's vast army had some success. At Seneffe in 1674, the young William III was defeated by the veteran Condé in a battle with high casualties on both sides, but the Dutch were able to withdraw intact.
Through Vauban's expertise, Louis was able to capture the fortresses of Maastricht and Trier (important for their control of inland waterways and the river Moselle).

one of grandpa's great histories about his predators.......................merci my little slavebard for your start

With Christmas coming up i reckon that this image fits quite well . No doubt it will be reduced in size by our moderatorsView attachment 93370

Interesting seasonal mod to a well known pic there

And of course, we must have candles at Christmas

Attachments

• candslave3.jpg
    candslave3.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 150
  • candslave5.jpg
    candslave5.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 130
  • candslave8.jpg
    candslave8.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 118
  • candslave16.jpg
    candslave16.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 135
  • candslave18.jpg
    candslave18.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 118
  • candslave19.jpg
    candslave19.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 118
  • candslave20.jpg
    candslave20.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 136
Interesting seasonal mod to a well known pic there

And of course, we must have candles at Christmas
at least some of them phlebas

Just found this, personally have not seen it before.
and she has a smile on her face

Where did you find it MyMartinet?

Aedilis was an artist on the old Crux group, who I haven't had any word from for years. I liked his work :)

Attachments

• Uncomfortable.jpg
    Uncomfortable.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 332
  • Natasha1.jpg
    Natasha1.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 335
  • Isabel.jpg
    Isabel.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 330
  • First_nail.jpg
    First_nail.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 337
  • find_the_difference.jpg
    find_the_difference.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 294
  • Dolores.jpg
    Dolores.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 330
  • Doloresbefore.jpg
    Doloresbefore.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 323
  • Alina.jpg
    Alina.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 329
:D
347-jpg.83582

Great facial expression

Some arguments on this image:
- The woman is not young, so she suffers more
- The location is very bad: the heart "pump" blood with difficulties in the body while the head receives a higher than normal amount of blood (see the veins of the neck)
- This buildup causes "cerebral edema": cerebral hypertension (double vision [diplopia]), nausea, vomiting, seizures). Anything is possible but certainly after one hour
- The limbs are closely linked and the weight of the body produce stop of the blood: arms and hands purple, cold, cramps and pain.
- The urine is poured onto the body and on his face
Punishment very strict, but fair!

Back
Top Bottom