Are you for the legalization of crucifixion for felons and other criminals?

Are you for the legalization of crucifixion

• Yes

Votes: 68 60.2%
  • No

Votes: 45 39.8%

• Total voters
Go to CruxDreams.com
That's not the case in the UK, judges are appointed by an independent Judicial Commission. While appointments are recommended to the Lord Chancellor, who is a government minister, s/he has very limited powers of veto, hardly ever exercised, and the Commissioners, and the judges they appoint, are staunchly resistant to any hint of political interference. Of course, judges have to apply the laws that have been enacted by Parliament (or by the devolved legislatures), which usually followed the wishes of the government at the time they were made law, but that doesn't mean they 'do what the Government expects them to do', they actually rather often frustrate and annoy the Government. My understanding is that the independence of the judiciary is a requirement for membership of the European Union, too - which is why Hungary and (until lately) Poland have been at odds with the EU Commission.
You are right, and similar practices exist in other countries with rule of law.

But I was of course referring to a fictional country, where such is not the case, and where crucifixion is still applied for such crimes as speaking against the government, and where wayward people live, who nevertheless do such speech despite the risks. Of course, such countries only exist in the fantasy world of CF! ;)

Dream on! :doh:
The courts will just do what the government expects them to do. After all, it's the government that nominates the 'independent' judges! :roto2nuse:
So, critics of the government, expect your naked back soon scratching the crux wood! :eek:
Well, that depends where you live.
In my country the judiciary is largely independent and basically self-governs itself.
Which has its own issues (I assure you!), but still, al least it doesn't take orders from the cabinet.

Well, that depends where you live.
In my country the judiciary is largely independent and basically self-governs itself.
Which has its own issues (I assure you!), but still, al least it doesn't take orders from the cabinet.
I know, it is the same in mine, but like I noticed, I was talking about a fictional country,where courts take orders from the government, that executes by crucifixion, and where people live who have the strange habit to defie justice due to some strange kinky eager to have themselves crucified! :facepalm:

I know, it is the same in mine, but like I noticed, I was talking about a fictional country,where courts take orders from the government, that executes by crucifixion, and where people live who have the strange habit to defie justice due to some strange kinky eager to have themselves crucified! :facepalm:
Oh you mean Cruciforia

Yes...make it a Federal punishment...in public with full flogging and pre-mounting the cross gang rape by any interested male present...and mount the, on a long cornu that tapers from 1/2. Inch to 4 Inches at the base and is studded with 1/8 Inch long barlbs. Make the crown of barbed wire with the points pounded into the skill to prevent removal...and NO MERCY END...they must die and rot on ,the cross until they fall apart and then cremated and the ashes dumped on the clos

Closest rier.

Back
Top Bottom