Carrying the cross question

Go to CruxDreams.com
there are various ways to make one carry her cross. There is the defiant woman carrying only her the crossbeam and the spikes that will hold her to the cross. She is free to curse her persecutors. They only laugh at her disdain of them and wonder how she will sign hanging nailed on her cross.
crux carry 121 A.jpg
Then there is the condemned forced to carry the very cross she will be put to death on. She is overwhelmed physically and emotionally and begs for mercy.
crux carry 077.jpg
The crowd gives her none. They only look forward to seeing her naked body writhe in agony when she is crucified...

there are various ways to make one carry her cross. There is the defiant woman carrying only her the crossbeam and the spikes that will hold her to the cross. She is free to curse her persecutors. They only laugh at her disdain of them and wonder how she will sign hanging nailed on her cross.
View attachment 1305765
Then there is the condemned forced to carry the very cross she will be put to death on. She is overwhelmed physically and emotionally and begs for mercy.
View attachment 1305764
The crowd gives her none. They only look forward to seeing her naked body writhe in agony when she is crucified...
Ok, the first pic maybe, I'm in good shape i think i could carry that for a bit, the spikes, well that would really piss me off and probably really emotionally bother me a lot !

The second pic, I doubt i could move that ten feet ! yeah, no way that is gonna happen ! That fucking thing is huge , hehehehehehehe

Ok, the first pic maybe, I'm in good shape i think i could carry that for a bit, the spikes, well that would really piss me off and probably really emotionally bother me a lot !

The second pic, I doubt i could move that ten feet ! yeah, no way that is gonna happen ! That fucking thing is huge , hehehehehehehe
Yes, I agree, that cross in the second picture is huge, and it looks like it's made of a heavy wood like oak. I doubt a 26 years old could move it very far, let alone a 70 year old granny. :bdsm-heart:

Attachments

• crux carry 100.jpg
    crux carry 100.jpg
    265.5 KB · Views: 209
IMHO, I doubt the condemned would be able to carry a crossbeam, let alone a full cross, that could support an individual‘s weight any significant distance (More than a 100 yards/meters or so). This is especially true after a scourging. The scriptures bear this out as Simon of Cyrene carried the cross for Jesus when he couldn’t survive the burden of carrying it any longer. That is one of the things that I find so well thought out in the story, “The Object Lesson Reworked.” It looks like the author did some personal research (she said she walked the path with a back pack, [weighted????]) and she realized a full crossbeam couldn’t be carried but a smaller one to control the condemned’s arms/less chance to resist and provide some weight/discomfort was viable. In the story the victim carrys something like a 2“ by 4“ beam (or something a bit larger) that puts weight on her shoulders and digs into her neck/vertebrae. Then at the execution site is nailed to a much larger crossbeam that requires a forklift to lift it. I find this more compelling and realistic than much ( but not all) of what I read/view here. I fully get there is a bit of fantasy aspect to the site/stories but to me very few reflect the true horror of a crucifixion. Even “The Object Lesson“ IMHO glosses over aspects of crucifixion that really could have been expanded on.

This story along the Jeddak‘s great story/illustrations really speak to me and even Jeddak’s there are aspects I find a bit fantastic to believe. There are a couple of others that are really good, “Used on the Cross(?)” comes to mind, but when I think of the pain, inability to speak from lack of air, the incests, etc this one comes closest IMHO. Anyone know what happened to the author? She just disappeared?

Last edited:
A 2x4 would probably work just fine as the beam, i think it would be strong enough, right? I'm not a carpenter, but to me it seems more than enough, and not overly heavy either !

A 2x4 would probably work just fine as the beam, i think it would be strong enough, right? I'm not a carpenter, but to me it seems more than enough, and not overly heavy either !
Risk of splitting is higher, board is thinner and at higher risk if untreated and left in the elements. Remember, it needs to support the weight of a whole woman on just two points

Split cut wood is not particularly heavy. 3x5 or 3x4 would do it, but you have to remember that those are modern measurements for lumber , that will assume it shrinks a little as it dries; a 2x4 is not litteraly 2 inches thick, but a little thinner than that, often up to a half inch thicker. With modern lumber, you could build a whole cross that was under 170 pounds and functional and wouldn't break or warp too much under the stress of a crucifixion, especially if you used thinner steel nails.

Split cut wood is not particularly heavy. 3x5 or 3x4 would do it, but you have to remember that those are modern measurements for lumber , that will assume it shrinks a little as it dries; a 2x4 is not litteraly 2 inches thick, but a little thinner than that, often up to a half inch thicker. With modern lumber, you could build a whole cross that was under 170 pounds and functional and wouldn't break or warp too much under the stress of a crucifixion, especially if you used thinner steel nails.
I used 2x4's for my cross when I was self-crucifying. Although the horizontal beam (patibulum) was an attic rafter attached to 6x2's that made the joists for the peak of the roof, and the vertical beam (stipes) rested on the wooden floor, braced on all four sides, and attached to the patibulum. It was more than enough to hold the weight of a slender 13 year old girl. Although I didn't carry it, I'm sure I could have carried a cross made of 2x4's.

I used 2x4's for my cross when I was self-crucifying. Although the horizontal beam (patibulum) was an attic rafter attached to 6x2's that made the joists for the peak of the roof, and the vertical beam (stipes) rested on the wooden floor, braced on all four sides, and attached to the patibulum. It was more than enough to hold the weight of a slender 13 year old girl. Although I didn't carry it, I'm sure I could have carried a cross made of 2x4's.
Well, you were light, we’re using bracing, and didn’t hammer anything into the wood. Any old wood would work there. :p

Back
Top Bottom