Cruxton Abbey

Go to CruxDreams.com
I hope she hasn’t been rummaging through his collection of lewd etchings… :eek:
Anyway, I am quite sure that Lord Wragg will look after Alice like the true gentleman that he is....

Meanwhile, although we could be forgiven for thinking that Bob's been sneaking around Cruxton Abbey with his camera, in fact he's been slaving for hours over a hot computer, and I'm dashed if I can spot the joins in the picture! I think he has done a remarkably fine job, what?
Been trying to find those forever. Now some little gel goes in there and just picks 'em up. Doesn't seem fair, really.

A superb job, Bob. The lighting is almost perfect and Alice really looks like she's been in the room comfortably for some time.
Many thanks for the positive reception, everyone. Much credit is due to Anna Alma-Tadema, who painted the interior scene at her family home in 1884, when she was aged seventeen. Sir Lawrence Alma-Tadema's study at Townsend House, near Regent's Park, bears a remarkable resemblance to Lord Wragg's own man-cave at Cruxton Abbey, and I thought it would be an interesting challenge to insert a human figure into the room.

Alice was extracted from her debut series, 'On the Edge', and the manipulation was completed in just ten layers, seven of which are translucent filters for blending the photographic component with the original watercolour print. :)

Sir Lawrence Alma-Tadema
For some reason I always remember this verse, published in Punch I believe, on the occasion of Sir Lawrence Alma-Tadema’s adoption of British Citizenship (he was originally Dutch):

Great are your works, we in Britain have had ‘em a
Good many years and we value them much, man!
Great was the day when you said, Alma-Tadema,
“British I’ll turn, or else I’m a Dutchman!”

(Note: “I’m a Dutchman” was a common phrase used after “or else..”, e.g. “Barb’s nipples are tumescent whenever she reads my limericks, or else I’m a Dutchman!” One suspects it was less used by people who were or are actually Dutch)

Much credit is due to Anna Alma-Tadema, who painted the interior scene at her family home in 1884, when she was aged seventeen.

That is at least as amazing as your insertion of Alice into the marvellously rich scene. I see she went on to become an artist and suffragette, I wonder if she ever painted scenes like the one Bob has given us here? She seems to be literally clutching pearls in this image, and comes across as anxious and disapproving.

2016_CKS_12237_0053_000(anna_alma-tadema_the_closing_door103324).jpg

Primroses at Cruxton Abbey

primroses_at_cruxton_abbey_by_bobnearied_dfpqndj-pre.jpg

(Image hosted on DeviantArt Sta.sh. Full size picture - https://sta.sh/025l908f84jf )​

Alice is due to give evidence in court, in the high profile case of the state versus Joan Tree. Lady Wragg has kindly provided her own suit for the occasion, and is now wearing her 'old' clothes. Alice feels very proud to be wearing a genuine Valentino suit - a vintage item from the 1980s. However, she receives a disapproving look from Lady Wragg on exclaiming, 'It's older than me! - but I'm not sure about the shoes...'

'Those are bespoke items of haute couture, young Alice', explains her Ladyship. 'They are a unique pair, specially commissioned from the master cobbler of Tokyo, Katatsu Fuckme!'

'But what will the judge say,' Alice wonders, 'when he sees me wearing your Fuckme shoes in his courtroom...?'

'He will be thrilled and delighted - I have no doubt. And you must present him with a bouquet of primroses, to convince him of your outstanding credibility as a witness.' Lady Wragg insists.

Alice's court appearance features in the latest installment of 'Back to the Future', a crime thriller-whodunnit-courtroom drama by @thehangingtree -
https://www.cruxforums.com/xf/threads/back-to-the-future.10312/post-763198

Alice appears courtesy of Rylsky's 'Attitude' series for The Life Erotic. The background painting by Jessica Hallyar is entitled 'Primroses' (1887) and the manipulation contains 18 visible layers, including 6 masks and 7 blending filters. Yeah, I know - all this for an SFW picture of Alice! :rolleyes: :D

Azaleas at Cruxton Abbey

azaleas_at_cruxton_abbey_by_bobnearied_dfqbb5e-pre.jpg

(Image hosted on DeviantArt Sta.sh. Full size picture - https://sta.sh/01v2m9vx5bew )​

This Cruxton-themed picture celebrates Lily's birthday today, and is reposted from her dedicated thread, 'E-DigitalFantasy - Pictures of Lily'. We find her busy at work, tending to the various potted plants and shrubs which Lord Wragg insists on keeping indoors rather than out in the gardens. The azaleas have flowered very early this year, and Lily is about to remove a dead bloom. She looks up as we wish her a 'Happy Birthday', and wonders if she will be allowed the day off next year, should his Lordship feel so inclined? ;)

Many thanks to @E-DigitalFantasy for providing source images of Lily, presented here as a composite figure in four sections. The manipulation employs the painting, 'Azaleas' by Jessica Hayllar (1887) which has been extended on the left side, to accommodate the new figure. There are 50 visible layers, including six masks and nine blending filters.

wonders if she will be allowed the day off next year, should his Lordship feel so inclined? ;)
If those vases remain upright and undamaged this time next year, she might - just might - be lucky! :)

(She may wish to devote some time and energy toward keeping her colleague @Barbaria1 away from them. :eek: )

Meanwhile Lily should feel herself honoured to be in such magnificent surroundings, as so ably depicted by @bobinder! :clapping:

The Reception Room at Cruxton Abbey

the_reception_room_at_cruxton_abbey_by_bobnearied_dfvx9lm-pre.jpg

(Image hosted on DeviantArt Sta.sh. Full size picture https://sta.sh/01c0g04o6g2 )​

Courtney joins Alice for lunch in one of the Reception Rooms. Alice has already washed a spicy main course down with a can of Special Brew, and is feeling quite relaxed. She has removed her dress, although Courtney's attention is distracted by the platter of grapes, strawberries and cream. On the wall, Antonio Ciseri's painting, 'Shall I Release Kathy?' exemplifies Lord Wragg's remarkably good taste as a patron of the arts. :)

The Reception Room at Cruxton Abbey

the_reception_room_at_cruxton_abbey_by_bobnearied_dfvx9lm-pre.jpg

(Image hosted on DeviantArt Sta.sh. Full size picture https://sta.sh/01c0g04o6g2 )​

Courtney joins Alice for lunch in one of the Reception Rooms. Alice has already washed a spicy main course down with a can of Special Brew, and is feeling quite relaxed. She has removed her dress, although Courtney's attention is distracted by the platter of grapes, strawberries and cream. On the wall, Antonio Ciseri's painting, 'Shall I Release Kathy?' exemplifies Lord Wragg's remarkably good taste as a patron of the arts. :)
Honestly! :doh:

You bring these girls into your premises, give them gainful employment, and what do you get by way of thanks?

Beer cans on the table without a table mat! :facepalm::mad:

Thank you for bringing this matter to my attention, Bob, I shall ensure that appropriate action is taken!
:span1:

Back
Top Bottom