Georges Pichard

Go to CruxDreams.com
pichard-chanteuse-083.jpg
I love the simplicity of this, the bold and flexible lines, the directness and focus.
This does less for me.. although I love the details, they begin to obscure the theme.. and I don’t really like the heavily decorative border, it has a distancing effect and visually dominates the composition much to its detriment. All are fine works though. :D

I love the simplicity of this, the bold and flexible lines, the directness and focus.

This does less for me.. although I love the details, they begin to obscure the theme.. and I don’t really like the heavily decorative border, it has a distancing effect and visually dominates the composition much to its detriment. All are fine works though. :D
It is true that Pichard's work is sometimes very luxurious. He may have wanted to stick to the spirit of the time when this work was written: "Art Nouveau" style (Modern style in English ?), which was very kitschy.
In this work he alternated between the very simple and the very complicated.

It is true that Pichard's work is sometimes very luxurious. He may have wanted to stick to the spirit of the time when this work was written: "Art Nouveau" style (Modern style in English ?), which was very kitschy.
In this work he alternated between the very simple and the very complicated.
The simple ones have more visual impact.. but the complex ones repay close attention too, and reward such attention with hidden details and secrets. :p

"Mémoires d'une chanteuse allemande" (Memoirs of a German Singer), par Georges Pichard (1983)
Even the best things come to an end!
Furthermore, I had to censor this one a bit...

pichard-chanteuse-082a.jpg

But I don't despair to find in the deep bottom of my archives some "pichardesque" treasures which would not have been posted yet on CF!

Back
Top Bottom