Goat's Gallery

Go to CruxDreams.com
The presence of John Hannah suggests an HBO background has been employed in the second manip. A bare-breasted Sara Holder, in the role of Thessela, indicates further that this is from 'Spartacus: Blood and Sand'. The crux figure looks familiar, although I have so far failed to identify the source. This level of discomfort is somewhat reminiscent of Arcimboldo's work.

The kneeling girl in the centre foreground looks suitably distressed and her torn clothing is skillfully applied. Both girls display some very painful injuries, which appear quite convincing. I am unsure if these are the result of Mr. Hannah's whip, although I note that he is also holding a double tipped lance, which is blood stained at both ends. :eek:

Carefully observed lighting effects are a hallmark of GoatJr manipulations, and we are seeing consistent illumination of the figures. The light sources are a combination of the flames from a large dish, which is heating up ominously on the left, and daylight entering the scene from behind the figures. The observers have all been served drinks, and there is a sense of anticipation regarding the next stage of the 'entertainment'. This contrasts effectively with the evident distress of the main female subjects.

A similarly dramatic spectacle is presented in the first picture, depicting the slaves' last stand against a gladiator in the arena. Again the injuries are convincingly applied and the torchlight and smoke effects provide a nightmarish quality to the scene. More flames are building at the feet of the girls restrained at the stake - again I recognise them, possibly from Insex?

The inserted figures work together in terms of character interaction - everybody is looking at somebody else. The centre of the composition is dominated by an attractive, half-kneeling girl with her sword raised to try and defend her wounded friend against the approaching threat. The kneeling girl on the left, also with a sword, has shiny, wet blood on her face and breast, which is well observed. She is almost silhouetted in the backlighting of the flames, and provides a neat contrast with the figures on the right, who are lit from the front.

The staked-out girl effectively symbolises the sense of helplessness in the face of impending death. She is posed in the foreground at the correct perspective angle to suggest that we are also taking a kneeling viewpoint. Whilst none of the characters makes direct eye contact with the viewer, we have a feeling of being engaged in the action - without any choice. Nice work, GoatJr - the dates imply that you have been working on these pictures for some considerable time! :)

The presence of John Hannah suggests an HBO background has been employed in the second manip. A bare-breasted Sara Holder, in the role of Thessela, indicates further that this is from 'Spartacus: Blood and Sand'. The crux figure looks familiar, although I have so far failed to identify the source. This level of discomfort is somewhat reminiscent of Arcimboldo's work.

The kneeling girl in the centre foreground looks suitably distressed and her torn clothing is skillfully applied. Both girls display some very painful injuries, which appear quite convincing. I am unsure if these are the result of Mr. Hannah's whip, although I note that he is also holding a double tipped lance, which is blood stained at both ends. :eek:

Carefully observed lighting effects are a hallmark of GoatJr manipulations, and we are seeing consistent illumination of the figures. The light sources are a combination of the flames from a large dish, which is heating up ominously on the left, and daylight entering the scene from behind the figures. The observers have all been served drinks, and there is a sense of anticipation regarding the next stage of the 'entertainment'. This contrasts effectively with the evident distress of the main female subjects.

A similarly dramatic spectacle is presented in the first picture, depicting the slaves' last stand against a gladiator in the arena. Again the injuries are convincingly applied and the torchlight and smoke effects provide a nightmarish quality to the scene. More flames are building at the feet of the girls restrained at the stake - again I recognise them, possibly from Insex?

The inserted figures work together in terms of character interaction - everybody is looking at somebody else. The centre of the composition is dominated by an attractive, half-kneeling girl with her sword raised to try and defend her wounded friend against the approaching threat. The kneeling girl on the left, also with a sword, has shiny, wet blood on her face and breast, which is well observed. She is almost silhouetted in the backlighting of the flames, and provides a neat contrast with the figures on the right, who are lit from the front.

The staked-out girl effectively symbolises the sense of helplessness in the face of impending death. She is posed in the foreground at the correct perspective angle to suggest that we are also taking a kneeling viewpoint. Whilst none of the characters makes direct eye contact with the viewer, we have a feeling of being engaged in the action - without any choice. Nice work, GoatJr - the dates imply that you have been working on these pictures for some considerable time! :)
Actually the 1st is a variation of the pic is in I believe End of Day thread , not sure . The second I was reluctant to post . I have the original of the woman in the second , again I'd have to find it . Always enjoy reading your description and critique . Thanks Bob ...

Actually the 1st is a variation of the pic is in I believe End of Day thread , not sure . The second I was reluctant to post . I have the original of the woman in the second , again I'd have to find it . Always enjoy reading your description and critique . Thanks Bob ...
Posted in End ... 131 . I have a few different variations of it I never put up ... I will if anyone would like to see them ... not that I was holding back just didn' want to over do it . Although there could be another in a different thread but not mine . Crucified girl is from hogtied .

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom