Hark the Herald Angels Whinge

Go to CruxDreams.com
Great chapter, Wragg!:clapping:
Life as a shepherd was so unbelievably dull that Monty and Twonines had contrived this slightly odd way of communicating. Did it matter? Not really. The sheep thought they were barking mad anyway, an opinion shared by their boss, Master Loxuru.
So, I got a part in the Judean sheep business!:cool:
I already wondered, if Wragg would ever consider to include me as a character, it would for sure be no angel. Imagine, an angel with a German accent, that would be contradictory! :angel2:
I rather expected, he would made me a chief-fireman in the boiler room or so,...:firedevil:

Now, he got me stuck with two shepherds, that got the habit of talking in rhymes of five lines. Something eludes me here : a sheep has only four legs, so, what is that fifth line intended for?:confused:

“What the Hell,” asked a voice, “are you two clowns gawping at?”

Monty Crusto and Twonines jumped like a pair of scalded cats.

Twonines was even more sorely afraid of Master Loxuru than he was of the angels. “W-we’re looking at those angels!”

Loxuru gazed directly at Wragg who, embarrassed, attempted to shield his manhood from the piercing gaze of the Proprietor of Loxuru’s Luxurious Woollens, the largest woollen mill in Judea.

“I see no angels! All I can see is a large flock of entirely unwatched sheep! You two are FIRED!”

“But… “

“BARB! GET BACK HERE!!!!” The crack of thunder that accompanied Jollyrei’s outburst was heard by Loxuru, who was just about to add the crime of neglecting sheep in a thunderstorm to the shepherds' charge sheet when Barb, ever so gently, kissed him on his eyelids.

Loxuru opened his eyes, and immediately had a heavenly vision. No mortal in human history had ever been that close to an angel’s breasts and the impact was both startling and instantaneous.

He fell to his knees in the snow and reached out for Barb who, finally obeying Jollyrei’s command, flew back up to her position, narrowly avoiding Loxuru's grasping hands.

“Come back, my angel… come back, my angel… come back, my angel…” Loxuru, wide-eyed, repeated over and over.

“See what you’ve done, Barb?” Jollyrei was livid. “How could you get so close to a mortal man? The poor bugger will never be the same. How is his poor wife supposed to live up to that?”

“It was his own fault!” She grumbled. “My face is up here, you know! Ogling my heavenly body like that. It’s not fair. But at least those poor shepherds get to keep their jobs!”

“Quit whingeing and consider yourself lucky! One more second and the shock would have killed him! What did I say about you being accident prone, you must be more careful! Anyway, let’s get this done before we have any more disasters! So, forget the Latin. Now then, 1…2…3…”

“Glory to God in the Highest, and peace and goodwill to all men on earth…”

“And to women on earth rest and a break from the washing up,”
added Barb, ad lib.

Jollyrei took a deep breath, but, drawing on all his archangelic forbearance, ignored her. He decided that he’d better pass his message and then he could get back to the Heaven’s Gate café for a much needed cup of coffee.

“DO NOT BE AFRAID!!!” he thundered, adding in a couple of cracks of lightning for good measure. That snapped Loxuru out of his trance, and, satisfied by the expression of pure terror on Monty and Twonine’s faces, he proceeded.

“I bring you tidings of Great Joy!” he announced. “Today in the City of David a Saviour has been born, he is your Messiah. And this will be a sign to you, you will find the baby wrapped in cloth, laying in a manger. And again, 2,3,4… Glory to God in the Highest and peace and goodwill to all on Earth.” He glared at Barb, threw in a couple more bolts of lightning, and prepared to depart. Wragg, pale, looked relieved.

“Just a minute, not so fast!” Twonines called out to them.

“What now? What part of ‘you’ll find the baby in a manger’ didn’t you understand?

“It didn’t rhyme.”

“It didn’t….” Jollyrei was lost for words.

“How about this,” Monty Crusto only wanted to be helpful. “For Tidings I bring of Great Joy, Today has been born a young boy, So don’t be a stranger, go look for a manger, Remember to take him a toy.”

“Are you taking this seriously? That is comic verse! We can’t announce the Coming of the Messiah with a Limerick!”

“With a what?” chorused Twonines and Monty, in perfect unison.

“Jollyrei, if we’re going to have a long conversation about poetry theory, would you mind if I went down and sat by their fire?” groaned Wragg, “Only I’m feeling a bit cold and dizzy…”

“Yes, I bloody well would mind!” exploded Jollyrei. “Barb and Wragg, get back to Heaven this instant, and wait for me in my office! You two Shepherds, and you Master Loxuru – get yourselves into Bethlehem and worship… and if you dare to quote Limericks in that stable, I’ll… I’ll turn this lot into lamb chops and leave you, Loxuru a heap of scorched wool to turn into stuff to flog to the Romans!” The lightning cracked unbidden. Jollyrei was truly furious.

With one last clap of thunder, the angels were gone, and Loxuru, Montycrusto and Twonines were alone. Loxuru had returned to repeating 'Come back, my angel,' over and over. Twonines wondered if he'd ever regain his senses.

Monty thought for a moment, then looked at Twonines.

“Okay, so the blighter doesn’t like Limericks. How about this?

Hark the Herald angels whinge!
Hear them moan, and see them cringe!
Behold Wragg – he’s gripped with woe
For he suffers vertigo!
Seems this angel might be sick
Vainly tries to hide his dick!
Naked in the sky he’s seen!
But he’s turned a shade of green!

There flies Barb, up in the air
She’s not got a thing to wear!
Shepherds see, by heavenly light
Barb’ra’s little ass so tight;
Loxuru is now in fits
At the sight of Bar’bra’s tits
Yea, exposed to human eyes
She with indignation cries!

In the centre, Jollyrei
Is not having a good day!
For his head is giving pain
As he hears these two complain.
Though he thought his song was fine
Shepherds said it didn’t rhyme!
He thought things could not get worse
Till they quoted comic verse!

Golden angels, though they seem
Radiant with celestial beam
They’re not all they’re said to be
They can be like you and me!
Though within the sky so bright
They still love their asses tight
And, it’s by the Grace of God
They all love a heav’nly bod!

Why should Herald Angels whinge?
Living an eternal binge!"

A very Merry Christmas to all Cruxforumers!

Last edited:

For he suffers vertigo!
Hey that’s not fair! The fictional Monty is not supposed to write better fake carols than the real one (me)! :mad:

“Come back, my angel… come back, my angel… come back, my angel…” Loxuru, wide-eyed, repeated over and over.

“See what you’ve done, Barb?” Jollyrei was livid. “How could you get so close to a mortal man? The poor bugger will never be the same. How is his poor wife supposed to live up to that?”
stag3.jpg stag8.jpg I am speechless...!:abduct:
Twonines wondered if he'd ever regain his senses.
Senses!? What senses?:ambulance:

“What the Hell,” asked a voice, “are you two clowns gawping at?”

Monty Crusto and Twonines jumped like a pair of scalded cats.

Twonines was even more sorely afraid of Master Loxuru than he was of the angels. “W-we’re looking at those angels!”

Loxuru gazed directly at Wragg who, embarrassed, attempted to shield his manhood from the piercing gaze of the Proprietor of Loxuru’s Luxurious Woollens, the largest woollen mill in Judea.

“I see no angels! All I can see is a large flock of entirely unwatched sheep! You two are FIRED!”

“But… “

“BARB! GET BACK HERE!!!!” The crack of thunder that accompanied Jollyrei’s outburst was heard by Loxuru, who was just about to add the crime of neglecting sheep in a thunderstorm to the shepherds' charge sheet when Barb, ever so gently, kissed him on his eyelids.

Loxuru opened his eyes, and immediately had a heavenly vision. No mortal in human history had ever been that close to an angel’s breasts and the impact was both startling and instantaneous.

He fell to his knees in the snow and reached out for Barb who, finally obeying Jollyrei’s command, flew back up to her position, narrowly avoiding Loxuru's grasping hands.

“It was his own fault!” She grumbled. “My face is up here, you know! Ogling my heavenly body like that. It’s not fair. But at least those poor shepherds get to keep their jobs!”

“Quit whingeing and consider yourself lucky! One more second and the shock would have killed him! What did I say about you being accident prone, you must be more careful! Anyway, let’s get this done before we have any more disasters! So, forget the Latin. Now then, 1…2…3…”

“Glory to God in the Highest, and peace and goodwill to all men on earth…”

“And to women on earth rest and a break from the washing up,”
added Barb, ad lib.

Jollyrei took a deep breath, but, drawing on all his archangelic forbearance, ignored her. He decided that he’d better pass his message and then he could get back to the Heaven’s Gate café for a much needed cup of coffee.

“DO NOT BE AFRAID!!!” he thundered, adding in a couple of cracks of lightning for good measure. That snapped Loxuru out of his trance, and, satisfied by the expression of pure terror on Monty and Twonine’s faces, he proceeded.

“I bring you tidings of Great Joy!” he announced. “Today in the City of David a Saviour has been born, he is your Messiah. And this will be a sign to you, you will find the baby wrapped in cloth, laying in a manger. And again, 2,3,4… Glory to God in the Highest and peace and goodwill to all on Earth.” He glared at Barb, threw in a couple more bolts of lightning, and prepared to depart. Wragg, pale, looked relieved.

“Just a minute, not so fast!” Twonines called out to them.

“What now? What part of ‘you’ll find the baby in a manger’ didn’t you understand?

“It didn’t rhyme.”

“It didn’t….” Jollyrei was lost for words.

“How about this,” Monty Crusto only wanted to be helpful. “For Tidings I bring of Great Joy, Today has been born a young boy, So don’t be a stranger, go look for a manger, Remember to take him a toy.”

“Are you taking this seriously? That is comic verse! We can’t announce the Coming of the Messiah with a Limerick!”

“With a what?” chorused Twonines and Monty, in perfect unison.

“Jollyrei, if we’re going to have a long conversation about poetry theory, would you mind if I went down and sat by their fire?” groaned Wragg, “Only I’m feeling a bit cold and dizzy…”

“Yes, I bloody well would mind!” exploded Jollyrei. “Barb and Wragg, get back to Heaven this instant, and wait for me in my office! You two Shepherds, and you Master Loxuru – get yourselves into Bethlehem and worship… and if you dare to quote Limericks in that stable, I’ll… I’ll turn this lot into lamb chops and leave you, Loxuru a heap of scorched wool to turn into stuff to flog to the Romans!” The lightning cracked unbidden. Jollyrei was truly furious.

With one last clap of thunder, the angels were gone, and Loxuru, Montycrusto and Twonines were alone. Loxuru had returned to repeating 'Come back, my angel,' over and over. Twonines wondered if he'd ever regain his senses.

For he suffers vertigo!

Loxuru is now in fits

In the centre, Jollyrei
Is not having a good day!
For his head is giving pain
As he hears these two complain.
Though he thought his song was fine
Shepherds said it didn’t rhyme!
He thought things could not get worse
Till they quoted comic verse!

Golden angels, though they seem
Radiant with celestial beam
They’re not all they’re said to be
They can be like you and me!
Though within the sky so bright
They still love their asses tight
And, it’s by the Grace of God
They all love a heav’nly bod!

A very Merry Christmas to all Cruxforumers!
Great stuff, and an interesting new take on the Christmas story.

“And to women on earth rest and a break from the washing up,” added Barb, ad lib.

Loxuru is now in fits
Giggle snort! :clapping::)

He might not be good for much in the wool trade anymore, but he's got a potential career in pop music. :D

“And to women on earth rest and a break from the washing up,” added Barb, ad lib.
And so goes the debate. Whether to sing of "brotherhood", "sisterhood" or even Robin Hood.

“DO NOT BE AFRAID!!!” he thundered, adding in a couple of cracks of lightning for good measure.
I think you meant: DO NOT BE AFRAID!!!! The inflection into the octarine is quite important for the right impact. :cool::devil:
Do you think they're suitably calmed down now? Is white as a sheet and falling on their faces a good sign?
REJOICE YOU BLIGHTERS, EVEN IF IT HURTS!!!

“It didn’t rhyme.”
I notice that you didn't write me in as smiting him. You could have let me smite him.

“For Tidings I bring of Great Joy, Today has been born a young boy, So don’t be a stranger, go look for a manger, Remember to take him a toy.”
That's quite good. Perhaps St. Mariah Carey would be so good as to record that, if she can stop singing about how all she wants for Christmas is you, for any acceptable bandwidth of youness.

Jollyrei was truly furious.
Some first Christmas eh? I spend the whole thing getting tetchy. I'm going to get a coffee now.

I don't know, Barb got a kiss out of it, and affirmation that the mortal man cannot deal with beautiful women in any sensible way. I was completely out of my depth with this spreading joy idiocy, and Wragg got dizzy and tossed his lunch on my robes on the way back to Heaven.

But you know, it's all looking brighter now. There's that new star in the sky (Wragg found a good one there) and Barb enticed some middle-eastern guys to bring the Messiah some decent prezzies. She told them to follow the star. They were surprised to find a young family at the end of their journey. I can't imagine who they thought they were going to find. Barb might have been a bit broad in her suggestions. I'm just going to say it was a job well done, and finish my coffee. And since we invented Christmas, I shall even put a little something in it to make it that much better.

A great way to start the season off, Wragg! Loved every word.
Gloria in excelsis, and all that. :beer::beer::clapping::clapping:

Oh dear I'm late to the party.
Excellent festive story Wragg to get us in the spirit.

“And you’re not floating above the earth in the nude!” The angel on the left, on the other hand, was a sight for sore eyes.

Barb having attitude issues as usual!
phBarbAngel.jpg

She’d got the tightest little ass in Judea!
Immortalised in a handy souvenir I can let you have for 5 shekels
Angel.jpg

Now, @Madiosi has been a couple of jumps ahead of me here:

View attachment 1104594

Madi is always fast, but there is no shame in spending time on images like this, nice work! Thanks for the seasonal cheer

He might not be good for much in the wool trade anymore, but he's got a potential career in pop music. :D
After trying to launch the singing career of the angels Barb and Wragg, Angelus Mortis has really found a second vocation, as an agent for pop music artists!?:band:

Anyway, mind you, I am too old to die on 27, like Jimmy Hendrix, Jim Morrison, Janis Joplin, Brian Jones,... !:coti:

He fell to his knees in the snow
Snow!? In the Middle East? Are you sure this was the autenthic account, or one reworked by an anonymous copyer, long ago, in Cruxton Abbey?:icon_writing:

Christina Rossetti would like a word
This can only confirm that Christina Rosetti has once visited Cruxton Abbey, on invitation of Sir Wragg. That Miss Rosetti has been given access to the precious and valuable Medieval manuscripts in the abbey's library, including the account of the above described events. Perhaps, she has explained the fine print of these manuscripts to another guest of Sir Wragg, a certain Barbara Moore!
We can only imagine that Sir Wragg had more guests, ladies alike, and other distinguished gentlemen of His Lordship's inner Crux Circle! We can only imagine what other delights Miss Rosetti and the other ladies have exprienced in the dungeons and the four-poster bedrooms of the abbey!:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom