London, England
Progressive rock, psychedelic rock
Years active​
1967–1970, 2002
Immediate, Charisma, Mercury, Philips
Associated acts​
P. P. Arnold, Refugee
Past members​
The Nice were an English progressive rock band from the 1960s, known for their blend of rock, jazz and classical music. Their debut album, The Thoughts of Emerlist Davjack was released in 1967 to immediate acclaim. It is often considered the first progressive rock album. The Nice are also a forerunner of the much more widely known Emerson, Lake & Palmer.

I'd always thought that these "Sixties and Seventies" where wonderful years for creative music: I didn't live them but my father has revealed them to me and , since, they seem to me more interesting that what
it's made actually !
Thanks Melissa !:)

Some beautiful crucifixions (for me) that I've found on Deviant Art ; this thread is also a thread of "Crux Forum"....:rolleyes:

Attachments

• The_punishment_of_n_following_by_saintjohny.jpg
    The_punishment_of_n_following_by_saintjohny.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 121
  • Viking_raid_by_saintjohny.jpg
    Viking_raid_by_saintjohny.jpg
    226.9 KB · Views: 112
  • we_have_a_new_captain_by_saintjohny.jpg
    we_have_a_new_captain_by_saintjohny.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 114
Some beautiful crucifixions (for me) that I've found on Deviant Art ; this thread is also a thread of "Crux Forum"....:rolleyes:
Really beautiful pictures!!!

These are all by St Johny (saintjohny) who is a member of this site. Most of his work is here in the Archives under manipulations. Perhaps he is trying to earn a bit of cash on Deviant Art? Just noticed that his name is in the pic label but not on the pic itself...odd!!
Just realised St Johny only added his (Elizabethan font) signature at a much later date.

I like the third, with the little memory they left for her (hat) ... mean! ;)

The last picture shows the origin of Tree's ancestors' perchant for hats. As the rest of the pirates left leaving one of Tree's grandfathers of many prior generations behind bound to another another piece of driftwood. He had refused to join the rebellion against the young and beautiful pirate captain and was left with Messaline to die in the rising tide.

Alone on the beach with Tree Messaline watched her ship sail away. She looked a Tree and said "You are the last man I expected to stand by me."

"Why's that, Messaline?"

"Because I've seen you gut a baby from the womb of a merchant ship captain's wife so he'd diclose where the gold was hidden!"

"...and it worked, did it not?"

"So why would you die on this beach with me?" She asked Tree. Tree grimaced then smiled. He held up the severed rope that had bound his wrist. "Your crew were good fighters but not the brightest lot. Out of 'professional courtsey' they left me a bottle of whiskey, after they drank it of course. But glass cuts ropes."

"Good work, Tree, cut me loose."

"Not so fast, my dear captain. I want one of those kisses like you give the ladies in port.... Not like that, Messaline, you would kiss your grandmother with more passion! ... ... .... That was more like it" Tree said as he turned and walked towards the jungle.

"What are you doing, Tree?"

He turned and said "I had no intention of dying with you, Messaline. Even if your crew didn't I know there's a treasure drop on the north side of the island and a skift to sail out with. Oh... The tide here won't drown you but the waves will knock the cross over. If you fall forward you'll drown under the cross. If you fall back, it is half a chance you get carried out to sea and half a chance you wash ashore. If you make it to shore I'll leave a machette in case you work free from that thing.

If you make a craft watch the sea lanes. We've plundered the English and French alike... Bye messa..."

And you wonder why tree is like he is today???

T

morning-shot-of-beach.jpg
.............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................North Wildwood, NJ USA

...It appear Messa escaped both drown and the Island. Unfortunately the Pirate Queen's identity was known to her 'rescuers'...
02 a.jpg
tree

...so much for the good day...

The disaster that's hit London is even worse than it seems -​
it's moved St Paul's upstream of Westminster,​
and plonked Tower Bridge further west still!​
The second pic is maddeningly familiar,​
sure it's in the Scottish Highlands but I can't pin it down,​
don't suppose anyone knows?​

The disaster that's hit London is even worse than it seems -​
it's moved St Paul's upstream of Westminster,​
and plonked Tower Bridge further west still!​
The second pic is maddeningly familiar,​
sure it's in the Scottish Highlands but I can't pin it down,​
don't suppose anyone knows?​