Milestones

Go to CruxDreams.com
The damned thing is out of Florida but is over the Atlantic strengthening over water and is again a hurricane (category 1) headed for South Carolina.
I lived in Savannah Georgia for a while in the military, and I know they're in for a rough time as Ian blows by them. They're only like 20 miles inland, and barely above sea level, with a seaport channel from the Atlantic on top of that. When I was there it didn't take much rain to cause some flooding of streets. I can only imagine what the torrential rains from that storm will do.

I lived in Savannah Georgia for a while in the military, and I know they're in for a rough time as Ian blows by them. They're only like 20 miles inland, and barely above sea level, with a seaport channel from the Atlantic on top of that. When I was there it didn't take much rain to cause some flooding of streets. I can only imagine what the torrential rains from that storm will do.
So you stayed in Camp Swampy!
I hope that they don't get a swarm of cotton mouths getting flushed out!

i_know_how_to_get_the_truth_10_200pc_by_bobnearied_derzbds-fullview.jpg

(Image hosted on DeviantArt Sta.sh - I know how to get the truth 10-200pc by Bobnearied)

30 September is Canada's second National Day for Truth and Reconciliation. The annual holiday was first marked in 2021, with the wearing of orange T shirts, and honours the First Nations victims, survivors, families and communities impacted by the Residential Schools system.

So you stayed in Camp Swampy!
I hope that they don't get a swarm of cotton mouths getting flushed out!
I was stationed at Hunter Army Airfield actually in Savannah, and lived off post. I was there when hurricane Camille hit the Gulf coast. We had lots of thunderstorms and rain from that, and many of the streets were flooded for a few days. Our airfield was covered with evacuated aircraft from Alabama and Mississippi.
I remember me and my room mates were housebound for a couple of days and almost ran out of food.... and even worse beer and liquor.

I was stationed at Hunter Army Airfield actually in Savannah, and lived off post. I was there when hurricane Camille hit the Gulf coast. We had lots of thunderstorms and rain from that, and many of the streets were flooded for a few days. Our airfield was covered with evacuated aircraft from Alabama and Mississippi.
I remember me and my room mates were housebound for a couple of days and almost ran out of food.... and even worse beer and liquor.
Ah yes Camille! You know there was a reason why they gave hurricanes womens names!

Back
Top Bottom