Original Manipulations by Cruxforums Members

Go to CruxDreams.com
:) Happy Easter :)

easter_2023_det1_by_bobnearied_dftwtcn-fullview.jpg

(Image hosted on DeviantArt Sta.sh. Full size picture - https://sta.sh/011ve60886ls )​
Now that's a wonderful Easter image. Julia is perfectly lit and starkly in focus, with an early spring scene in the background. Life has not quite yet returned, and we can only hope that Julia will resurrect as well with the coming season. In any case, thanks to Bob, she's been crucified for us, and we can only be grateful. :)

I tried MANIP with two models created by image generation AI "STABLE DIFFUSION". The texture of the skin is fair enough but still seems a little shiny. It feels good to be able to create MANIPs without worrying about portrait rights, but if AI develops more than it is now, it will be difficult to put all my heart and soul into creating a MANIP. :)
cypher-stablediffusionmodel1-1.jpg

I tried MANIP with two models created by image generation AI "STABLE DIFFUSION". The texture of the skin is fair enough but still seems a little shiny. It feels good to be able to create MANIPs without worrying about portrait rights, but if AI develops more than it is now, it will be difficult to put all my heart and soul into creating a MANIP. :)
View attachment 1307100
It's a fascinating technique. You might try putting the models in a more interesting background. I don't find the skin tone or texture unconvincing, given the lighting. It looks fine to me at this resolution. The man's suit is very shiny, and looks a bit plastic. Otherwise, the AI seems to have managed to count the right number of fingers. I would also look at the hand that is holding the chain. That looks a bit odd - the chain seems to be behind the hand, almost at the wrist, so it looks like he is not holding the chain. I don't know if that's an AI issue or manip issue, but if the chain could be raised over the man's knuckles, it would work better, I think. Nevertheless, these are reasonably convincing AI people and would work quite well in manips or other artwork of that sort.

I couldn't quite decide where to put this one: Sacrifice? Cruxton Abbey? I decided it can go here.

The Stone Circle:
There appear to be some female druids in the staff of Cruxton Abbey who get up to some ritual stuff up in the hills behind the castle. Not sure if Lord Wragg knows much about it, but if he's missing any kitchen maids, he might want to check up on it. I note that Barb isn't in this group, being more of a wine and song sort of girl than a "running around in the hills where there isn't any Riesling" type. :D

Model with the knife is Ipia from BareMaidens, and the others are 'found' models from various CF threads. My thanks to whoever found them.
Thanks again to Bobinder and Wragg for their advice and input.
StoneCircle01a.jpg

I couldn't quite decide where to put this one: Sacrifice? Cruxton Abbey? I decided it can go here.

The Stone Circle:
There appear to be some female druids in the staff of Cruxton Abbey who get up to some ritual stuff up in the hills behind the castle. Not sure if Lord Wragg knows much about it, but if he's missing any kitchen maids, he might want to check up on it. I note that Barb isn't in this group, being more of a wine and song sort of girl than a "running around in the hills where there isn't any Riesling" type. :D

Model with the knife is Ipia from BareMaidens, and the others are 'found' models from various CF threads. My thanks to whoever found them.
Love it. Great manip!

But, yeah, Barb would never partake in such silly nonsense when Wragg keeps a lovely and easily accessible fully stocked wine cellar back at Cruxton Abbey. Romping about in the nude amongst some old weatherbesten stones playing at being druids is just not my style.

The Stone Circle:

You have to love Cruxton Abbey, it's just oozing with history and quaint old rituals! :)

Beautifully recorded there by @Jollyrei ! :clapping:

Scullery slaves use the term 'Lord Wragg' or 'His Lordship' or else they get to experience some 'quaint rituals' of their own! :mad: :span1:

Last edited:
StoneCircle01a.jpg
The Stone Circle:

I wonder if this might herald another outbreak of Reindeer Syndrome (a seemingly unpredictable phenomenon at the abbey) or is it merely an ancient ritual whose origins are known only to the maids?

The groundsmen have been mowing around the stones, allowing the shadows to fall in sharp definition on the lawn. This makes the issue of figure placement more critical than it would be in an untended meadow, but the girls are in just the right positions for illumination by the low elevation sunlight, and the shadows are most convincing.

There is also good use of colour saturation filters which is simply not obvious, and the abbey appears faintly silhouetted against the distant horizon. The various components are blended so neatly, it becomes difficult to identify which ones are new additions. Congratulations on a dramatic image, Jolly! :)

View attachment 1307100
Great picture! Could we see more of this AI-manips?

It's a fascinating technique. You might try putting the models in a more interesting background. I don't find the skin tone or texture unconvincing, given the lighting. It looks fine to me at this resolution. The man's suit is very shiny, and looks a bit plastic. Otherwise, the AI seems to have managed to count the right number of fingers. I would also look at the hand that is holding the chain. That looks a bit odd - the chain seems to be behind the hand, almost at the wrist, so it looks like he is not holding the chain. I don't know if that's an AI issue or manip issue, but if the chain could be raised over the man's knuckles, it would work better, I think. Nevertheless, these are reasonably convincing AI people and would work quite well in manips or other artwork of that sort.
Thank you Jollyrei. I really don't like the glossiness of CG processed images. I've toned down the image a bit, but I think it's still shiny.
Regarding the chain and the man's hand, I know what you mean. The man's hand protrudes a little forward, so I made the chain behind it.
STABLE DIFFUSION is still under development, and it seems difficult to create complex poses. Rather than putting the models in a realistic background, I made it like a commemorative photo of the master and the slave girl. ciao! :)

The Knave of Hearts in the Meadow

the_knave_of_hearts_in_the_meadow_after_maxfield_p_by_bobnearied_dfxu0bs-pre.jpg

(Image hosted on DeviantArt Sta.sh. Full size picture - https://sta.sh/0iw5aayfdij )​

Alice joins 'The Knave of Hearts in the Meadow' by Maxfield Parrish. The painting's treatment relies on the sunlight reflecting off the grass to soften and illuminate the shadows on the figure, which is otherwise defined by overhead lighting. Parrish excelled at portraying the human figure in idyllic, natural surroundings, and he was an expert in the handling of light and colour.

The central motif of the arch is a bold, compositional device, contrasting with the natural forms of the trees and mountains. Using the arch to frame Alice, as the Knave's companion, changes the mood to one of intimacy whilst preserving the dreamy atmosphere of a timeless, summer day.

Many thanks to Wragg and Jollyrei for their suggestions on figure scale and blending treatments. Numerous filters and colour adjustments were required to reproduce the golden light on Alice, attempting to emulate the style of Parrish's painted figures.

And what a lucky Knave he is too. :) This is a well constructed manip which posed a number of difficulties to blend Alice into the scene. The lighting was not, as I understand it, as much of a problem as the texture. Parrish used a very stylized technique, as do many artists, to create an atmosphere of a fantasy landscape. To my eye, it's almost cartoonish (no offense meant), and inserting a photograph makes blending that texture somewhat tricky. Bobinder has masterfully made Alice look like she belongs there, without losing any of her presence or charm. Further, the placement of the figure provides a new interaction between the Knave and Alice that Parrish did not imagine, although I wonder if he wouldn't have been a little pleased with the reinterpretation of his painting. A beautiful job. :headbang:

The Knave of Hearts in the Meadow

the_knave_of_hearts_in_the_meadow_after_maxfield_p_by_bobnearied_dfxu0bs-pre.jpg

(Image hosted on DeviantArt Sta.sh. Full size picture - https://sta.sh/0iw5aayfdij )​

Alice joins 'The Knave of Hearts in the Meadow' by Maxfield Parrish. The painting's treatment relies on the sunlight reflecting off the grass to soften and illuminate the shadows on the figure, which is otherwise defined by overhead lighting. Parrish excelled at portraying the human figure in idyllic, natural surroundings, and he was an expert in the handling of light and colour.

The central motif of the arch is a bold, compositional device, contrasting with the natural forms of the trees and mountains. Using the arch to frame Alice, as the Knave's companion, changes the mood to one of intimacy whilst preserving the dreamy atmosphere of a timeless, summer day.

Many thanks to Wragg and Jollyrei for their suggestions on figure scale and blending treatments. Numerous filters and colour adjustments were required to reproduce the golden light on Alice, attempting to emulate the style of Parrish's painted figures.
Knave by name and knave by nature... look at the direction of his gaze. I'm not sure how he got Alice to disrobe but his intentions are clear!

But she doesn't half look nice in that light!

Beautifully done, Bob! :clapping:

This is the same looking manip as last time. The models were created by stable diffusion. Stable diffusion can't make complicated poses, so it's a commemorative photo of a master and a slave girl again. :) Both models seem to exist actually. If such a model existed as a real human, I would definitely use it for manip. :cool:

cypher-stablediffusionmodel2-2.jpg

It's all @bobinder's fault :doh:

Firstly he introduced me to the paintings of Maxfield Parrish, including one called 'The Dinkey Bird' which (so Bob tells me) is based upon a poem of the same name by Eugene Field.

So, with apologies to Messrs Parish and Field, and to Messrs @wulf and especially to @Hugin&Munin:

The Amfalula Trees:

Dinky_Bird_with Katty.jpg

See it through the mists so softly
Standing strong, secure and proud
It is known (it is so lofty)
As Phlebas Castle in the Cloud.
It has stood, unconquered, slaying
Bringing armies to their knees
Standing o’er the branches swaying
Of the Amfalula trees.

Great Bobinder – Court Magician
Of the Castle in the Cloud
From his well-concealed position
Cannot help but cry aloud!
A sight that sets his heart a-singing
He scarce can credit what he sees!
For lo! A lovely maiden, swinging
From the Amfalula trees.

Bobinder’s a man sagacious -
There’s not much he doesn’t know
And he knows that woman, gracious
Who is swinging far below;
There is one who may be paying
Now that Bob has got the keys
To the girl who is now playing
Midst the Amfalula trees.

For Bobinder has not forgotten
Where he’s seen that girl before
She is Katty – first begotten
Of King Wulf of Aestrador!
Hugin, Munin – crooks notorious
In the night they did her seize;
Now she’s there - and looking glorious
In the Amfalula trees.

Bob must watch where he is treading
Those crooks are clever, so they say
They would know where he’d be heading
They were not born yesterday!
Katty is a trap they’re baiting
She’s just like a piece of cheese!
He knew well that they’d be waiting
In the Amfalula trees!

To avoid an ending, tragic
Bob knew what he had to do
Beating evil with his magic
He produced a wind, which blew;
As Princess Kat was swinging
She was picked up on the breeze
She to safety Bob was bringing
From the Amfalula trees.

Bob was quite a cheerful chappie
As she landed in his arms
Who could not be just as happy
Being close to Katty’s charms?
Soon the bells with joy were ringing
King Wulf was so very pleased;
And those crooks themselves were swinging
From the Amfalula trees.

Last edited:

Firstly he introduced me to the paintings of Maxwell Parrish, including one called 'The Dinkey Bird' which (so Bob tells me) is based upon a poem of the same name by Eugene Field.

So, with apologies to Messrs Parish and Field, and to Messrs @wulf and especially to @Hugin&Munin:

The Amfalula Trees:

View attachment 1312580

Of the Amfalula trees.

From the Amfalula trees.

In the Amfalula trees.

In the Amfalula trees!

From the Amfalula trees.

From the Amfalula trees.

Wonderful. Looking up the original, I can happily say Wragg that you have clearly improved it (pace Mr Parrish), your girl has far moe life than the original. I also thoroughly approve of my Castle in the Cloud, the style suits very nicely thank you.

Firstly he introduced me to the paintings of Maxwell Parrish, including one called 'The Dinkey Bird' which (so Bob tells me) is based upon a poem of the same name by Eugene Field.

The Amfalula Trees:

View attachment 1312580

Of the Amfalula trees.

From the Amfalula trees.

In the Amfalula trees.

In the Amfalula trees!

From the Amfalula trees.

From the Amfalula trees.
Well, I loved the draft image and the magnificent final version. Beautiful blending and texture work. Katty is brilliant in this image, and is actually a seamlessly executed composite figure. Fantastic work there. But it's all elevated to a new level by the fine poetic addition. We often forget that Wragg is also an excellent crux poet (better than me, certainly).

Back
Top Bottom