Poll--Were you raised Catholic?

Go to CruxDreams.com
I seriously considered the priesthood myself, Admihoek. More years ago than I care to think about. Never did make it as far as seminary, though.

As for Catholics and the crux kink, I repeat. The central image of the faith is a mostly naked, vaguely effeminate guy nailed to a cross. The Church exposes its members to that image from early childhood on.

What were they thinking? And what did they expect?
Raised catholic; faith flexible, yet screw it, his body (depictions) is too sexy to be left untouched! To the patibulum, fuck me! :rolleyes:

I seriously considered the priesthood myself, Admihoek. More years ago than I care to think about. Never did make it as far as seminary, though.

As for Catholics and the crux kink, I repeat. The central image of the faith is a mostly naked, vaguely effeminate guy nailed to a cross. The Church exposes its members to that image from early childhood on.
I am worried about what happend to a church, when the picture of her God is extremly distorted, despite the fact that the true story can not be told due to reasonable age restrictions.

Attachments

• hgz.jpg
    hgz.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 187
I was raised Catholic. Attended 12 years of Catholic school and even entered a religious order for a short time. I believe my “kinks” originated in my Catholic upbringing and it started at an early age. The nuns gave us vivid descriptions of the passion and torture of saints. My current fantasies of whipping, torture and crucifixion come from those school days.
I definitely think have the imagery of a man almost naked being at the forefront of so much imagery pushed me in the direction of that fetish. I personally didn't need to have it explained to me that Rome crucified people naked to think: "Hey, wouldn't it be better to crucify them naked?"

I too was raised Catholic, School was run my an order of Monks, for 9 to 10 years. I too gave the Priesthood some thought, however, became disinterested after speaking to a former brother who left before taking final vows.
Similar experience, it was a priest who discouraged me from joining the order. He struggled with celibacy & spoke of meeting his girlfriend at ballgames after Sunday Mass. He left the priesthood several years later & last I heard was happily married

Two weeks, 55 views, and not a single response.

Let historians note that apostate630's first poll on Crux Forums went over like a depleted uranium balloon.

No matter. My ego's not on the line.
Yes I was...and still practicing at age 79 plus.
BTW...the traditional image of Christ ALWAYS RAISES A CHUCKLE from me. Considering the range of the Roman Empire, if one looks at photos od Yemenite Jews brought yo Israel in the 80's or 90's. they may be closer to what HIS appearance really was...
Regards
Hiliary

Thanks Eul - I knew you would have the answer to all my questions :)

Of course the pervy part of my character (you know, the 99% bit :p) thinks that those on the tray look remarkable fresh and wonders if they were still warm by the morning :p

Since St Peter has a reputation as a severe misogynist, I wonder why he chose to restore her breasts, but it seems like a nice gesture anyway :)

Maybe he was just following orders from The Man Upstairs, who is undoubtedly much more pervy (if Family Guy is anything to go by anyway LOL) :)
If the misogynist he is, restoring the breasts would only serve to have them removed again, I would think.
How merciful…
Despite all the miracles displayed to superstitious heathen disbelievers, the outcome always remained the same for the victims in these stories.

Back
Top Bottom