• Poll closed .
Go to CruxDreams.com
Reminds me of:

Far over the misty mountains cold
To dungeons deep and caverns old
We must away, ere break of day
To seek our pale enchanted gold

(From “The Hobbit”)
Interesting - it does suggest that the Red Flag was fluttering in Tolkien's subconscious, though I can't imagine him singing it out loud with any enthusiasm. His politics, insofar as he revealed any, were a kind of gentle anarchism - there's a wise saying, I think by Gandalf, on the lines that the world can't be made better by 'great men' or their projects and programmes, it's only millions of quiet, simple acts of kindness by ordinary people that make any real difference.

Edward Thomas's 'Yes, I remember Adelstrop' fits the same tune. And a great many other ditties do too.

Drafts for the CF-Flag
View attachment 1243996
No: 1

View attachment 1243997
No: 2 with a bit more white

View attachment 1243998
No: 3 by phlebas for more equal gender rights

View attachment 1243994
No: 4 based on phlebas idea

View attachment 1243995
No: 5 with stars and a bit rebelious touch​
No. 3 is gender-inclusive, brings in my idea of cross-mates, and with the conversational aspect of the two talking on their crosses promotes the idea of this as a crux community.

anthem? u have already:
This looks like Stephen King's "Carrie". Religious nut mother accuses telekinetic daughter of being a witch and gets crucified for her sins.

I can't remember what happened to the mother in the book or film, but crucifixion would have been the most appropriate martyrdom. It might even have been what the mother was seeking all along.

Now I'm not entirely sure CF even needs a flag ;) but I think in graphical terms I'd prefer the first one. Any device on a flag should rather be kept simple and proportioned. Though someone who doesn't know what it's supposed to represent may have a hard time making out what it's supposed to depict.
As @Naraku pointed out red white & blue are so common on national flags... what are they meant to represent for CF? white for innocence, blue for discipline, red for passion?

Now I'm not entirely sure CF even needs a flag ;) but I think in graphical terms I'd prefer the first one. Any device on a flag should rather be kept simple and proportioned. Though someone who doesn't know what it's supposed to represent may have a hard time making out what it's supposed to depict.
As @Naraku pointed out red white & blue are so common on national flags... what are they meant to represent for CF? white for innocence, blue for discipline, red for passion?

Even though I voted for flag 3, Malins makes good points. Keep the flag simple (as shown in image 1) and use the three colors suggested for the reasons given. I would have voted for flag 1 initially if the female image was stretched out with arms taut rather than looking like the image is of a girl posing in front of a cross rather than hanging on it.

Perhaps it should be more of an emblem than a flag?

This looks like Stephen King's "Carrie". Religious nut mother accuses telekinetic daughter of being a witch and gets crucified for her sins.

I can't remember what happened to the mother in the book or film, but crucifixion would have been the most appropriate martyrdom. It might even have been what the mother was seeking all along.
Notice the orgasmic sounds Piper Laurie makes and the satisfied look on her face.

I think in the book (which I never read) the house is crushed under a rain of stones that Carrie summons up. I do know they filmed the scene - using a model of the house - but, it looked silly so they burned the house down instead.

Now I'm not entirely sure CF even needs a flag ;)
We may not need one, but I think it would be pretty cool to have. Or at the very least a logo.

but I think in graphical terms I'd prefer the first one. Any device on a flag should rather be kept simple and proportioned. Though someone who doesn't know what it's supposed to represent may have a hard time making out what it's supposed to depict.
I picked # 1 for that very reason... simplicity.

Even though I voted for flag 3, Malins makes good points. Keep the flag simple (as shown in image 1) and use the three colors suggested for the reasons given. I would have voted for flag 1 initially if the female image was stretched out with arms taut rather than looking like the image is of a girl posing in front of a cross rather than hanging on it.
I totally agree, she needs to be in more of a 'Y' position, which might help depict what the image is supposed to be (for the uninitiated).

Perhaps it should be more of an emblem than a flag?
I would definitely love to have it printed on my coffee cup. Merchandising anyone? :)

Where else has the CF flag been raised?
View attachment 1254195
I’ve been told the Wraggs have taken to flying it over Cruxton Abbey on holidays, and it’s recently been seen flying over the “Hill of 100 Crosses” at the Tree estate in the state of Missouri, and at the University of the Virgin Martyrs in the state of Arkansas.

I’ve been told the Wraggs have taken to flying it over Cruxton Abbey on holidays, and it’s recently been seen flying over the “Hill of 100 Crosses” at the Tree estate in the state of Missouri, and at the University of the Virgin Martyrs in the state of Arkansas.
Down Town.jpgYes. It looks like you are correct....but the place looks too much down town to me.

Gee will we elect a crux fourm president too?

Only if it’s one of our cruxgirls.

The televised debates will feature the candidates nailed naked to crosses and tossing verbal counterpunches at one another as they twist and writhe against the wood.

Falsehoods and false accusations will earn them five lashes, administered by @mp5stab .

Parched throats will be eased by sponges soaked in Riesling.

Limericked play by play commentary by @montycrusto and @twonines.

Wardrobe, or near lack thereof, by @Harsh Martinet , @wulf , @elephas and @Loinclothslave .

Moderated by @Loxuru and @thehangingtree . Recorded and archived by @Madiosi .

Chronicled by @Wragg and @Spike Sharp .

Free-style commentary by @LittleSiss

Body disposal by @Jollyrei .

Security by @ERIN the Brave

And the candidates are …

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom