The Coffee Shop

• Thread starter The Fallen Angel
  • Start date
Go to CruxDreams.com
I can buy my own food and drink thanks but thanks to everyone who ignores the signs :D
Sorry, but acorns don't count as legitimate currency among the humans :p

Anyway, to share something I found today: it looks like the city I live in began to introduce a new type of bus stop.

Egk7fJGVgAAc9o-

(Image posted on Twitter)

And here's some of the features that I gathered from the description:
  • An air-conditioner.
  • Free WIFI access.
  • A screen which displays the location and estimated time to arrive for each bus.
  • UV light and hand sanitizers.
  • A CCTV which is monitored from a centralized control center, so they can dispatch the police if they see an unruly behaviour or a crime.
It feels comforting to see good things still happen from time to time here, when I've been so fed up with the place nowadays that I wish I could move to somewhere else - somewhere it's less competitive and people don't hate each other that much, at least.

Last edited:
Sorry, but acorns don't count as legitimate currency among the humans
oh no?
ACORN is a brand new kind of cryptocurrency that’s completely free!
(try Googling)

Well acorn convertibility issues aside I do hope the coffee shop can help restore your spirits
A bit more Googling:

Acorn Coffee is a caffeine-free substitute for coffee. It is made from acorns that are cooked, then roasted and ground. Ground acorns make 98.5% of ingredients of our Acorn Coffee Substitute, the rest are spices, such as cardamom, cinnamon, ginger and cloves.

I don't mind grinding acorns for a change down in the cellar, instead of coffee beans :)

Movie Quiz
Here are 4 quotes from 4 well known films. Write down the title (Ignoring The if present). Then write down the first letter of the title and rearrange the letters to give a word. A clue for the word is "Did they wet the sharks?"
1. "Is he a pig? He sure eats like one."
2."When somebody asks me a question I tell them the answer."
3."There's no more truth out there than in the world I created for you."
4."That is one big pile of ****"
Please send me any answers via a PM. At the moment I'm full of painkillers ,cortisone, and God knows what else with invalid insurance in a Covid hot spot. Could things get any worse? Well they could quite easily. I really don't want to think about it.

Acorn Coffee is a caffeine-free substitute for coffee. It is made from acorns that are cooked, then roasted and ground. Ground acorns make 98.5% of ingredients of our Acorn Coffee Substitute, the rest are spices, such as cardamom, cinnamon, ginger and cloves.

I don't mind grinding acorns for a change down in the cellar, instead of coffee beans
Eulalia, how can you say such a thing?! You have stabbed me trough the heart!
As coffee is one of my basic foodstuff and having tried this Acorn-liquid once, I think such a change is more damnable than going from crux to vanilla.

The doc has gambled on a double dose of cortisone. We'll see how it goes. He knows my insurance is duff so there's no point in trying to rip anybody off. Besides, he's Dutch and seems a decent bloke.
Nobody is in the Hall Of Fame yet so here are some easier quotes.
1.Gertie. Here he is Mary.
Mary. Here's who?
Gertie. The man from the moon. But I think you killed him already.
2.Your scientists were so preoccupied with whether they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
3. Cue the sun.
4.Final question for twenty million rupees....

Eulaia has worked out the mystery word just from the clue. I think we probably watch different kinds of films. Wraggy has got 2 films correct but not sorted the four letter word yet.
Good to see the site thermometer up again. Hope mine stays at 36.6. It would be nice to make pics again but holding on to a tablet is about all I can manage.

I didn't read the original post from Melissa before I posted some of the answers here - I don't need to read any quote to guess what is Jim Carey's best film - instead of sending them via a PM. I realized my mistake and deleted it a few minutes later, but I really should have been more careful.

Sorry Melissa and anyone who may have read it before it got deleted. :oops:

I didn't read the original post from Melissa before I posted some of the answers here - I don't need to read any quote to guess what is Jim Carey's best film - instead of sending them via a PM. I realized my mistake and deleted it a few minutes later, but I really should have been more careful.

Sorry Melissa and anyone who may have read it before it got deleted. :oops:
Don't think anyone saw it and your films 3 and 4 were correct!

Back
Top Bottom