Go to CruxDreams.com
TLDRW_226.jpg
The governor moved around from left to right, letting it all out on his "murderer". Kieara tried to bring herself together.
TLDRW_227.jpg
She took deep breaths and tried to talk back, always inhaling and exhaling deeply between words. "Please... let me... go... you... have to trust... me".
TLDRW_228.jpg
Then came the reply. "Trust you? A former slave?".
TLDRW_229.jpg
"Diana... is after... you... just... spare my... suffer-". She couldn't finish her sentences, she began to cry.
TLDRW_230.jpg
"Here's what I will do, I will keep an eye on Diana, and I will keep you on the cross, that way I keep everyone in check, what do you say? What's the downside anyways? Losing a slave?".

Kieara wanted to say so much, she was just starting to know what freedom felt like, it couldn't end so soon and like this. She couldn't truly hate the man that condemned her, it was all part of a plot of Diana after all, right? Kieara only saw a man who acted based on lies from the woman that tormented her life as a slave. Then again, she might be overthinking, lying to herself to keep the little hope she has.
TLDRW_231.jpg
The dread and suffering of her face could hint at her thoughts, thoughts that begged to be said all at once. In the mist of all her physical and mental pain, Kieara could only bring herself together for a single word. She would look at the governor and said with a shaky soft voice:
"Please..."
TLDRW_232.jpg
The look of dread in her face didn't seem to do much, after a moment of silence, the governor said: "If it comforts you, as soon as Diana comes and stabs me in front of my face, she will be crucified too... like that's gonna happen".
As he finished to say that, the governor began to cough, his tough persona began to show cracks.
The governor asked to leave, even if he died, at least he seemed to have the satisfaction to witness the one who he condemned suffer her long and painful death.
"Just watch the perimeter, let her suffer alone", were the orders the governor left to the guard as he left coughing.
TLDRW_233.jpg
And just as the other times, Kieara's focus was required somewhere else...
TLDRW_234.jpg
...on the basic, yet tormenting task...
TLDRW_235.jpg
...of breathing.

A cold visitor

Kieara was left alone, just a soldier here and there watching the sorroundings of the hill.
TLDRW_236.jpg
After some hours, she noticed someone arriving and placing a torch.
TLDRW_237.jpg
Kieara tried to see while adjusting her sight, the long periods of time in darkness made the sudden appearance of the fire dazzled her.
TLDRW_238.jpg
It was the last person she wanted to see, Diana came to enjoy the show, the woman who tormented her and then was shattering her dreams of living a life of freedom right in front of her eyes.
"You did put on a good show yesterday, I loved every second of it, only now I could get my private first row seat. Also, have you liked the gifts I told you about? Your head looks pretty with that crown on you, and if you ever dreamed of being famous, you're welcome".
Like the soldier before the sunset, she had something to give her water, but it was different.
TLDRW_239.jpg
"The guards really wanted this for themselves, but they forgot who had the last word".
Kieara realized that Diana was using the tunic she was ripped off to give her water. Who knows how she got it, but by the looks of it, she can move the strings from behind the scenes and get what she wants. Her theory might be right, everyone in this town is a puppet of Diana, including the governor.
"It's nice to see thing return to their normal course, slaves and romans are back at the places they deserve, let's celebrate with a drink... empress of Rome!".
TLDRW_240.jpg
It's been a good amount of time since she last drank, so she went along, only that this time, the water was really cold. Kieara started to shiver as the water turned the light breezes into freezing wind that gave her muscles an even harder time at lifting and lowering her.

The crowd has enjoyed Kieara's torturous execution. To them, she is most attractive addition the cross. They came by to admire her body as she squirmed between the spikes holding her to the implement of her doom.
crux look down 006 A.jpg
They have no concern the torments she undergoes as the cross slowly takes her life...
crux look down 001 A.jpg

A cold visitor

Kieara was left alone, just a soldier here and there watching the sorroundings of the hill.
View attachment 1412655
After some hours, she noticed someone arriving and placing a torch.
View attachment 1412645
Kieara tried to see while adjusting her sight, the long periods of time in darkness made the sudden appearance of the fire dazzled her.
View attachment 1412656
It was the last person she wanted to see, Diana came to enjoy the show, the woman who tormented her and then was shattering her dreams of living a life of freedom right in front of her eyes.
"You did put on a good show yesterday, I loved every second of it, only now I could get my private first row seat. Also, have you liked the gifts I told you about? Your head looks pretty with that crown on you, and if you ever dreamed of being famous, you're welcome".
Like the soldier before the sunset, she had something to give her water, but it was different.
View attachment 1412647
"The guards really wanted this for themselves, but they forgot who had the last word".
Kieara realized that Diana was using the tunic she was ripped off to give her water. Who knows how she got it, but by the looks of it, she can move the strings from behind the scenes and get what she wants. Her theory might be right, everyone in this town is a puppet of Diana, including the governor.
"It's nice to see thing return to their normal course, slaves and romans are back at the places they deserve, let's celebrate with a drink... empress of Rome!".
View attachment 1412648
It's been a good amount of time since she last drank, so she went along, only that this time, the water was really cold. Kieara started to shiver as the water turned the light breezes into freezing wind that gave her muscles an even harder time at lifting and lowering her.
it’s the fact that she know sucking the tunic soaked water will only prolong her suffering yet she still does it makes it better and humiliating for Kieara.

Imagine getting water from the “trophy” of your suffering and your greatest tormentor below you, mocking you for your suffering.

It truly is the greatest humiliation Kieara can experience. The person who plotted on her downfall, soaking in all of her joy of victory.

TLDRW_241.jpg
Her breathing was now also reflected her freezing up on a hill, lifted almost naked, where she was the most exposed to the wind.
TLDRW_242.jpg
"You were a good slave to be fair, maybe the best. It is a pity that you were freed, you could be with your feet on the ground at this moment. Well, at least you are helping me with keeping other slaves in place. Enjoy the view".
TLDRW_243.jpg
Kieara was left alone. What little warmth the torch gave her was gone. She was shivering, twisting, gnashing her teeth.
TLDRW_244.jpg
Her executuon got to the coldest hours of the night. Fog would fill the environment.
TLDRW_245.jpg
And in the middle of it, an innocent woman, hopeless, scared, alone, in pain, wrongfully accused. At this point, she began to accept death was the only option. She wanted so much to be free and explore the world, and a monster ripped her off of her dreams, thinking she was the chosen one who had to restore her twisted definition of the natural order of things.
But in the end, Diana would get her execution, Kieara would at least get her freedom, in a dark way.

The only question was:
When would death have mercy of her and end all of this suffering?

TLDRW_246.jpg
We might start to get tired of repeating the same story of Kieara struggling for a back and forward dance with death, never quite letting her die, but definitely not letting her live either.
TLDRW_247.jpg
If that is the case, imagine the same with Kieara, but add to that repetitive cycle of burning pain in a huge list of parts of her body in agony. Burning pain of the nails on her hands, feet, her back tearing apart constantly, thorns piercing her head. Tell this to anyone and it would tell you "alright, I get it", and Kieara, well, she gets it, constantly and relentlessly.
TLDRW_248.jpg
In the midst of the coldest hours of the night and early morning, Kieara's loneliness worsened. She never thought she would miss the crowd and soldiers, even if they were constantly mocking her, cheering her suffering, or even people who cried or felt pity for her, but just stood there and did nothing. It was just her against the harsh conditions, a physical manifestation of death.
TLDRW_249.jpg
Sometimes, she would begin to feel the relief of "sleeping". It wasn't the case for her, she just briefly fainted from time to time, falling unconscious to the extreme cold or the wounds dealing what would seem the final blows.
TLDRW_250.jpg
Only for her to feel violently get out of the relief of resting, being pulled by the nerves of her nailed limbs.
With little more to think about, she would just ask whoever was up in the sky, please, if her fate is to die, stop teasing it, stop this cruel joke, stop this torment.

TLDRW_251.jpg
After what felt like an eternity, Kieara began to notice something on her right.
TLDRW_252.jpg
The sun was starting to raise, the darkness Kieara was surrounded by was fading away.
TLDRW_253.jpg
At the same time, the struggles for air and relieving the pain were getting less and less violent, with slower movements, slower breathing.
TLDRW_254.jpg
This was not like the other times where Kieara fainted just to wake up violently, she began to feel that ironically, as the dawn of a new day started, the twilight of her life was almost over.
TLDRW_255.jpg
During all of that, she began to notice an odd silhouette coming from the town. Who is that early-rising subject coming towards her? Is now the first deal of the morning to come to mock a crucified victim? Or is it something else?

No hard feelings
TLDRW_256.jpg
The figure tried to climb on the steepest part of the hill, since the more "gentle" side of the hill maybe had one or two guards there.
TLDRW_257.jpg
When it arrived, it tried to speak to Kieara, loud enough for her to hear, quiet enough so no possible guard could be attracted. "Kieara..." said the figure in horror.
Kieara seemed to recognize the voice: "V-va... leria?".
She had forgotten about Valeria, a friend she made long ago during their time as slaves. They found in each other relief from Diana's brutal treatment, the closest thing they both had to a family, as if they were sisters.
It had been years since Valeria had a chance to flee the town and took it, and since that moment, Kieara never met her, until her last moments.
TLDRW_258.jpg
"I'm so sorry... I can still save you... let me just find a way to... uhh... maybe if I climb... or find a rope or...".
Valeria was desperate to find a way to save her friend, she thought this was the last chance, but she was helpless, as her friend was about to die in front of her.
TLDRW_259.jpg
While Kieara still showed signs of pain, these were weakening more and more, anyone could see that her strength was abandoning her body.
"I'm so sorry, I... I was on the crowd, and I did nothing, I was afraid and... it's my fault...".
TLDRW_260.jpg
Seeing her friend overwhelmed by guilt and powerlessness, Kieara took her few remaining forces to speak, in a really shaky and fading voice.
"N-no... gr... grud-ge, not... your... f-fault".
Then she prepared for what she knew would be her last words.

No hard feelings
View attachment 1414504
The figure tried to climb on the steepest part of the hill, since the more "gentle" side of the hill maybe had one or two guards there.
View attachment 1414505
When it arrived, it tried to speak to Kieara, loud enough for her to hear, quiet enough so no possible guard could be attracted. "Kieara..." said the figure in horror.
Kieara seemed to recognize the voice: "V-va... leria?".
She had forgotten about Valeria, a friend she made long ago during their time as slaves. They found in each other relief from Diana's brutal treatment, the closest thing they both had to a family, as if they were sisters.
It had been years since Valeria had a chance to flee the town and took it, and since that moment, Kieara never met her, until her last moments.
View attachment 1414506
"I'm so sorry... I can still save you... let me just find a way to... uhh... maybe if I climb... or find a rope or...".
Valeria was desperate to find a way to save her friend, she thought this was the last chance, but she was helpless, as her friend was about to die in front of her.
View attachment 1414507
While Kieara still showed signs of pain, these were weakening more and more, anyone could see that her strength was abandoning her body.
"I'm so sorry, I... I was on the crowd, and I did nothing, I was afraid and... it's my fault...".
View attachment 1414508
Seeing her friend overwhelmed by guilt and powerlessness, Kieara took her few remaining forces to speak, in a really shaky and fading voice.
Be careful Valeria, or you’ll be next in line. Crucified beside your friend

Tree gives Keiara a loud applause! (He hopes she hears it!)

Kieara is a woman of few words, the hell she has gone through made speaking a true burden, but she wanted to share her death wish.
TLDRW_261.jpg
"...s-stop..."
TLDRW_262.jpg
"...Diana
TLDRW_263.jpg
A brief moment of silence came, then Valeria nodded, and while sobbing replied:
"...I promise I will, your death won't be in vain... I will miss you... Kieara, thank you for... everything".
TLDRW_264.jpg
Kieara's physical pain was still going to be with her until her last breath, but her mental pain eased. Even with the circumstances, she was at peace that she didn't forget Valeria, got to say a final farewell and plant a seed of what she hopes eventually becomes the downfall of Diana. If Kieara's death meant stopping others suffering a fate similar or worse to hers, she could die peacefully, even if she didn't live the life she always hoped for.
TLDRW_265.jpg
And like she thought before, she would be, in a way, free at last.
She finally made peace with death, she accepted her fate, even her struggling on the cross became eerily calm.
Kieara turned her head to what would be her last sunrise.

Heads-up! I hid two cameos in some of the renders. One of them is a joke and the other, well, will be more than just a cameo in less than a week. Can you find them?
Clue: The joke one, he has a wife y'know?

TLDRW_266.jpg
Kieara did what was her last struggle on the cross, which looked more like she was just doing some slight adjustments to her position.
TLDRW_267.jpg
She contemplated the sky for one last time.
TLDRW_268.jpg
She then lifted herself to inhale...
TLDRW_269.jpg
...and exhaled for the last time.
TLDRW_270.jpg
Kieara's body now just leaned forward, lifeless, no movement from her, just the sway of the cross or her hair with the wind.

View attachment 1415349
Kieara did what was her last struggle on the cross, which looked more like she was just doing some slight adjustments to her position.
View attachment 1415350
She contemplated the sky for one last time.
View attachment 1415351
She then lifted herself to inhale...
View attachment 1415352
...and exhaled for the last time.
View attachment 1415353
Kieara's body now just leaned forward, lifeless, no movement from her, just the sway of the cross or her hair with the wind.
Poor Kieara. :(

But she put on a good show! :)

Back
Top Bottom