Tortured By Arcas.

Go to CruxDreams.com
I'm guessing that Arcas did not put the text on these images. Perhaps he gave someone permission to disfigure his artwork, but I doubt it. I'm assuming it was done without his knowledge (as is often the case with such modifications), and unless I learn differently I won't be involved with these, or any others like them.
wulf, I'm pretty sure those images were posted with the text as part of the image. I remember saving those images when Arcas was at the height of his creation period, and the date is June 10, 2012. They may be from the now-disappeared Art of Darkness site. I don't remember ever seeing the images without the text.

BTW, Arcas did do a few other series images with text, and I saved the actual html page, so I know they weren't altered by someone else. Here's an example from a series titled "Getting Into the Story, Part 1." Unfortunately, there never were any other images that I saw.

Attachments

• linda1.jpg
    linda1.jpg
    222 KB · Views: 1,060
  • linda2.jpg
    linda2.jpg
    254.6 KB · Views: 778
  • linda3.jpg
    linda3.jpg
    289.3 KB · Views: 805
wulf, I'm pretty sure those images were posted with the text as part of the image. I remember saving those images when Arcas was at the height of his creation period, and the date is June 10, 2012. They may be from the now-disappeared Art of Darkness site. I don't remember ever seeing the images without the text.

BTW, Arcas did do a few other series images with text, and I saved the actual html page, so I know they weren't altered by someone else. Here's an example from a series titled "Getting Into the Story, Part 1." Unfortunately, there never were any other images that I saw.
Ok Bleu, I appreciate that and I stand corrected. I had not seen these texted images before and assumed the worst. Thanks for that information.

by the way: for me Arcas is one of the best BDSM artists ever. With his "stand alone" artworks, so like Quoom with his series. I wish, they both would go on, and I would pay for that - but I am not optimistic.
His genius is that he pays attention to all the little details. Reddened eyes if a girl cries. Blue parts of the body that are tied with ropes. And the most important thing is the natural fear that is visible on their faces. Nobody but him does that. He is unique. Master of his craft. And it's such a shame that he's wasting skill on some fucking sci-fi.

His genius is that he pays attention to all the little details. Reddened eyes if a girl cries. Blue parts of the body that are tied with ropes. And the most important thing is the natural fear that is visible on their faces. Nobody but him does that. He is unique. Master of his craft. And it's such a shame that he's wasting skill on some fucking sci-fi.
to jump into your discussion my friend...

no one but him does that much detail? really? you probably haven't seen works by Jucundus, me, Skatingjesus (who is a big perfectionist) Cadre and others...

hmm, I think you should just look at the works of other artists, for example, I also pay a lot of attention to various details... but I'm not a fan of extreme torture like arcas was... I don't like a lot of blood..

as for quoom, he unfortunately died...
and Arcas decided that he doesn't like bdsm anymore.. (which is actually logical, with age comes a taste for other things) and honestly why do you say fucking sci-fi? I'm a sci-fi fan, and a lot of sci-fi can also be presented as bdsm sci-fi... he voluntarily quit creating bdsm... maybe he'll come back one day, but we'll probably have to wait.

to jump into your discussion my friend...

no one but him does that much detail? really? you probably haven't seen works by Jucundus, me, Skatingjesus (who is a big perfectionist) Cadre and others...

hmm, I think you should just look at the works of other artists, for example, I also pay a lot of attention to various details... but I'm not a fan of extreme torture like arcas was... I don't like a lot of blood..

as for quoom, he unfortunately died...
and Arcas decided that he doesn't like bdsm anymore.. (which is actually logical, with age comes a taste for other things) and honestly why do you say fucking sci-fi? I'm a sci-fi fan, and a lot of sci-fi can also be presented as bdsm sci-fi... he voluntarily quit creating bdsm... maybe he'll come back one day, but we'll probably have to wait.
Well said.

Or you could just leave him alone .. :rolleyes:
Although I am a fan of Arcas work, I understand that he stopped this content. I am myself a visual artist (but in a very different genre). As artist and generally a living person you must renew yourself sometimes in your life. The may be many reasons, for instance a private crisis, a new partner, new thoughts, a new philosophy. Take care, Arcas!

Haven't seen this on in perusing this awesome thread... though there were lots of favorites, like "scuffle".... anyway... I've always liked this one... the blur emphasizes the extreme discomfort of the subject as her nervous system is slowly burned out... doubtlessly inducing a variety of writhing and convulsing in the process...

2.jpg

One of the hallmarks of Arcas that made his stuff so good was that in many (but by no means all... especially images that were part of a series) all he depicted was the setup for the situation... you fill in the rest, consciously or unconsciously. The hotter detective mag covers did this back in the day as well. Movies did this with monsters-- you didn't have to see them, the setup depicted was the beginning and you filled in the rest. It's interesting to ask what they thought would be going on say five minutes after the image time for Arcas' stuff (or the classic detective mag cover). Often you get a different idea from yours... and sometimes it was even more exciting that what you had imagined.

Back
Top Bottom