trouble logging in?

Go to CruxDreams.com
I don't know if this is even relevant but I'm using Windows 7 on my PC and I've not had any problems getting on the site using Opera, Firefox or Chrome. The same applies to my Android phone and tablet. When I got fed up of nanny ISP telling me that certain sites like the good old Pirate were off limits I installed the free QuickSetDNS which I leave permanently on. It takes about two minutes and the settings are

Automatic DNS...............No
Google Public DNS 8.8.8.8.8.8.4.4................Yes

I don't know if this is even relevant but I'm using Windows 7 on my PC and I've not had any problems getting on the site using Opera, Firefox or Chrome. The same applies to my Android phone and tablet. When I got fed up of nanny ISP telling me that certain sites like the good old Pirate were off limits I installed the free QuickSetDNS which I leave permanently on. It takes about two minutes and the settings are

Automatic DNS...............No
Google Public DNS 8.8.8.8.8.8.4.4................Yes
Yes that fixed it for access via Firefox! Thanks Melissa :bdsm-heart:

So that implies that my ISP (Virginmedia - may they all rot and burn in the fires of hell) has started blocking this site (which explains why I was only able to access it via a VPN). I guess the more you pay each month, the less you get :(

Weird that they did this just at the exact same time that everybody else's connection crapped out though...

For those on Linux Mint, the process is;

Open Network Connections at the bottom right of the screen, select your connection and click the Edit button. Then select the IPv4 tab, and change the Method box to Automatic (DHCP) addresses only), then put 8.8.8.8,8.8.4.4 in the DNS servers box. Not sure why but I also had to check the "Require IPv4 addressing for this connection to complete" box, then click Save.

You'll need a reboot though to make it work properly.

My ISP has just blocked this site, I seem to be able to access it intermittently on my Virgin mobile but the only way I can be sure of accessing it is by using a VPN, but then Cruxforums won't let me in saying that IP address is banned. Not much else I can do.

My ISP has just blocked this site, I seem to be able to access it intermittently on my Virgin mobile but the only way I can be sure of accessing it is by using a VPN, but then Cruxforums won't let me in saying that IP address is banned. Not much else I can do.
Virgin again eh?

Try setting your VPN location to America or Asia - it seems that this site is blocking some European VPNs for some reason best known to the admins :(

Virgin again eh?

Try setting your VPN location to America or Asia - it seems that this site is blocking some European VPNs for some reason best known to the admins :(
You taught me that one a bit ago!
;)

some reason best known to the admins :(
I'm not sure that I know much more than you do, DP, in fact I'm sure I don't! But it may be that we once gave a spammer the big E coming in from a European VPN and so now that particular gateway is blocked. Sadly some people hide their identity and location for reasons other than privacy.

I'm not sure that I know much more than you do, DP, in fact I'm sure I don't! But it may be that we once gave a spammer the big E coming in from a European VPN and so now that particular gateway is blocked. Sadly some people hide their identity and location for reasons other than privacy.
Well maybe you could try unblocking Opera's European VPN and see how it goes - you always have the option to reinstate it if shit goes sideways again, but in the meantime it appears as though the blocking is causing quite a bit of collateral damage to the genuine membership :(

I am on a VPN, which was set to look like the UK so the BBC functions fully. I have no problems accessing the site. I have just changed it to a German one to see if that makes any difference - it doesn't. Yesterday, as I was saying above, I could access when I was logged in via VPN, but not when I wasn't. It's all very strange!

Well I had some trouble logging in yesterday, ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS as others have said. Basically that means the browser has detected an endless loop of redirects and breaks it, telling you it can't deliver content because the server keeps telling it to look elsewhere.

Since that has a tendency to happen when someone's fiddling about with http/https redirects I didn't worry too much about that, and now all the features that had issues due to mixed http/https content are working (preview, user mentions etc) so that was just some work happening.

I am on a VPN, which was set to look like the UK so the BBC functions fully. I have no problems accessing the site. I have just changed it to a German one to see if that makes any difference - it doesn't. Yesterday, as I was saying above, I could access when I was logged in via VPN, but not when I wasn't. It's all very strange!
The problem seems to be the European VPN that's built in to the Opera browser - that one seems to be completely blocked :(

The problem seems to be the European VPN that's built in to the Opera browser - that one seems to be completely blocked :(
Yes that's obviously so.

I can access CF with Opera... but if I hit the "VPN" button that's left of the address bar, and activate it with "optimal location" which for me is Europe, (IP address 77.111.247.45,) -- I immediately get "Your IP address has been banned."

but once I switch to some other of the inbuilt available locations, say "Asia" or "Americas" it works again.

I blame them Russians (not IM, though) or them Chinese.

They took our damn cookies!
Probably those pesky Groundhogs - they needed 6 weeks food supply

——————————————

My Australian iPhone connection has been uninterrupted

I’ve been busy with RL stuff but lurking, no detectable interruptions- suggest everyone moves to these antipodes, weather is nicer here atm! :azote: :roflmao:

No interruptions of CF and a year round good crucifixion weather? :zplayita:
Sounds tempting!:sun_smiley:
We might not have medieval torture chambers but plenty of old convict sites including whipping posts. We have several nice ports for importation of premium French Crucifixion wood, so come on down!

Imagine a nice beachside crucifixion at world famous Bondi Beach?

Back
Top Bottom