Victims of the Inquisition.

Go to CruxDreams.com
junc 01.jpg
Don’t think I’ve seen that @jucundus work before. It’s excellent :clapping:

These are from one of Quoom's earlier inquisition stories from around '06 or so. They show a good example of the 'Austrian Ladder', a combination of a rack and the strappado. And as Quoom was know to do, he added the leg breaking wedges to make it even worse..... or better, depending on your point of view. :devil:
q41.jpgq43.jpgq44.jpgq50.jpg

By the way, at least in Paris, Toulouse and Loudun, there are still today streets and places with names like "Rue / Place de l'Estrapade" and I still wondered some years ago: What is an "Estrapade"?

Being German, I was really shocked because I do not know any place in Germany with such a name.

The "Rue or Place de l'Estrapade" once was the French street or place where mostly criminals were executed by letting them fall down several times from about up to 10 meters height with their hands tied on their backs until they died. It must have looked like in this picture from Jacques Callot who influenced Goya with his pictures from the times of the "30-Years-War". Both were famous artists who showed in their paintings and pictures the inhumanities of war, which shocked both artists in their centuries like this one:

Ashampoo_Snap_2021.12.12_10h36m50s_001_.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom