Your Favorite Artwork

Go to CruxDreams.com
There are so many brilliant 3d artists these days, and we are lucky to have several here. I've posted too much in this thread already, so I really am going to stick to 5 this time as so many others have given great examples. 5 mostly recent works.

This is my avatar, of course, before I modified it. Artist Ken, from years ago, he did wonderful shapely ladies on crosses.
110040_537457_l.jpg

Part of a very confronting series by Finality3D, looking from different angles this set was beautifully rendered.
chamber06.jpg

Skating Jesus, enough said
crux_hill___simone_001_by_skatingjesus-d7srh80.jpg

That combination of beauty and pain, hard to beat
herlastmeal.jpg

Jeddak's Sabina has to be here, so many thoughtful and powerful images. Here we see the victim suspended entirely from her nailed wrists, her slight body easily lifted by strong men, her tormentor momentarily shocked by the brutality of what she has done. Feet desperately looking for purchase. Past the point of no return.
Sabina Nailing Scene 12-11_0001.jpg

A random few drawn from an illustrated story by another great Crux artist: Markus

View attachment 487556 View attachment 487557 View attachment 487558 View attachment 487559 View attachment 487560 View attachment 487561

BTW, has anyone here at CF seen or heard anything from Markus lately? I don't believe he has been on the site since mid-December 2016. I hope he is ok.
I think I hadn¡t some of this pictures. I love Marcus and his Six Girls! Do you have the complete story, dear Barb?

Hard to pick just five, but here goes:

Before he was Quoom, H-P created the Ornaments of Triumph series. Because of Yahoo's limitations he had to put it on a download site and post a link to the Yahoo Crux group so we could get it. This particular picture struck me as very powerful back then, the first one I'd seen that illustrated the moment when the condemned's feet left the ground for the last time:

487930-96b8794c6436b3e4d176ca4a821e7345.jpg

Damian was and is an amazing artist, able to composite pieces of pictures seamlessly to make something entirely new and different. In 2005, he and I collaborated on his Roman Crucifictions book. He sent me pictures, and I wrote stories about what I saw. This one already had tituli for the three girls with Greek inscriptions that I figured out was the Greek word for "witch." So they became "The Three Witches" and I wrote a story with that title which is now here in our archives.

487932-f9cbfdd235ed98b9495d8fc0139bcecb.jpg

Makar was and I suppose always will be one of the greatest artists with a camera in the crux genre. He was one of the few who realized that a naked woman on a cross wasn't limited to a static pose like a golden crucifix. His models moved and explored the boundaries of their limited range of motion on the cross, in the process teaching the rest of us - certainly me - how a woman's body would twist, writhe and strain on a cross. One of his most memorable models and one who has appeared in innumerable photo manipulations is Alice.

487934-bd1f1a044d3208a5007cef7de681801a.jpg

Then there was Yusseby, whose quirky cartoon drawings illustrated what we knew about ancient crucifixion practices and sometimes just caught a common scene such as this one, a pair of rebels crucified by the road, an example and lesson to all who passed by and spared them a glance as they suffered.

487933-e17660ae3cdc6dda1e5f842dce68784e.jpg

Skating Jesus does the best job today of painting gritty realism into his art and incorporating depth-of-field camera techniques in digital rendering.

487931-d2a8e171c7248006a8772bf9b791d5d3.jpg

And finally, my favorite artist is me, because I create what I imagine and want to see, the way I want to see it. One of my most dramatic scenes, in my opinion, is the stripping of Sabina's loincloth just before she is crucified.

487935-4083d761632b072318329e55522534e5.jpg

Obviously I can't count because that is six, not five.

Attachments

• 24.jpg
    24.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 1,209
  • Andaroos 4 - 304.jpg
    Andaroos 4 - 304.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 1,185
  • bytheroad[1].jpg
    bytheroad[1].jpg
    238.4 KB · Views: 1,190
  • cxy14a.jpg
    cxy14a.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 1,173
  • img_0681.jpg
    img_0681.jpg
    422.8 KB · Views: 1,235
  • Sabina Carrying Scene 13-3_0001.jpg
    Sabina Carrying Scene 13-3_0001.jpg
    866.9 KB · Views: 1,331
A few I like a lot :

View attachment 487744

This one, I like for the simplicty, although it tells a lot. A crucifed woman and man (a couple?). Some tools, and her underwear laying in front of them. The underwear as a last memory of her 'normal life'.

It´s an old picture of mine. You are right it shows a couple which have to pay the Price for her love in case of adultery. it real leans on the relationship between my Girl friend and me. Other pencil drawings followed.

It´s an old picture of mine. You are right it shows a couple which have to pay the Price for her love in case of adultery. it real leans on the relationship between my Girl friend and me. Other pencil drawings followed.

I cannot remember when I saw it for the first time, but I always have found it a strong drawing, that stirred fantasy , about why the couple got crucified (although I never thought of adultry).

Actually that drawing of a crucified couple was the source of inspiration for the story 'Alpenglühen', I posted in another thread :

http://www.cruxforums.com/xf/threads/no-trespassing.4778/

MP (may I call you MP?) this thread of yours is a stroke of genius.
It has triggered members to bring up so many images, some I had almost forgotten and some I had never seen.
And triggered me into a trawl through my archives, to rediscover wonderful work I have not revisited for far too long.
Also, intriguingly, when some image I thought might fit in here and then find someone else has had the same idea.
One of my favourite Yusebby's, full of clues about how it could actually have been done
cxy011b.gif
And Acimboldo, the helpless road to horror
gateway.jpg
Tied down for nailing
lena2[1].jpg
And Andyman's unidealised image of it
PLSIEFS03_2020L_parter_1732_004.jpg
Damian's slavegirl who thought to poison her owner, begging for a merciful sword thrust that is mockingly deniedWould_be_poisoner.jpg

So many wonderful artists' works have graced the threads of CruxForums and other sites over the years! I hope before we are through here that all will have been mentioned. I know we are not through yet. Then perhaps, the thread could move on to address in a more general way the reasons why these forms of art excite us so!

Last edited:
A pioneer, of crux art and of CruxForums, is our dear Helmut,
just a few special favourites, one or two for reasons that go beyond the artistry:

View attachment 487982 View attachment 487983 View attachment 487984 View attachment 487985 View attachment 487986
That's sent me on a nostalgia fest, Eul... yes, Helmut's work was brilliant.

Here's a few that I remember I loved in the old days:

First_nail.jpg Aedilis (I think)
MNRI by Ninja Mike.jpg Ninja Mike (I actually wished I was on one of those adjoining crosses...)
crucifixion02.jpg Alain (the desolate farmhouse and the desperate girl.)
04_Vicki4_4c295x-12x72.jpg Jedakk again, the look of helpless terror in the girl's face!
struggle_in_dark1.jpg Cobra (Inge Tarant), an early favourite.

And, for something completely different, Sondra Locke in a very old Hustler shoot:
page2B2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom