Bartnel's Inferno

Go to CruxDreams.com
It is about time yet!

You are correct, Madiosi.

Since I woke up from my internet hibernation last August, I've only slowly realized how vast and varied CF has become. Until this week I've pretty much ignored the Pics and Videos forum in general and Bartnel in particular. For me he's a new guy, and skimming through the pics and GIFs here on the Inferno my first impression was "meh." Renders like the one attached I saw as technically brilliant, but still the work of the static, imitation-of-Christ school. Boring . . .

Then I finally started looking at the increasingly sophisticated moving images.

http://www.cruxforums.com/xf/attachments/sunsetcrux16nr-gif.523362/

And that's when I went WHOA!!!

Bartnel, you're producing the Holy Goddam Grail of crux animation.

Proceed, sir.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    263.2 KB · Views: 2,301
Let's see.

Glistening, sweat-sheened nude female body: check.

Jiggling, law of gravity abiding breasts: check.

Belly muscles straining, heaving: check.

Limited range of motion but desperate, convincing dance: check.

Dramatic, golden sunset lighting: check.

Tossing head of hair behaving like . . . hair: check. (Jedakk told me how bloody hard this is to do a decade ago. It's still hard, but not hopeless.)

Tossing head of hair behaving like . . . hair: check. (Jedakk told me how bloody hard this is to do a decade ago. It's still hard, but not hopeless.)

I think Bartnel and I discussed this way earlier in this thread. Hair is the biggest pain in the ass ever to deal with in animations! You have to adjust it on a frame by frame basis, or else have it change positions so fast that viewers can't tell that it's actually passing through a figure's shoulder, the cross, or whatever. That hasn't changed, unless you use dynamic hair, which I don't think any of us are at the moment.

Back when I was doing the Sabina animations, there were about 1400 frames of animation, and that induced me to end that effort and go to still renders for illustrations.

I think Bartnel and I discussed this way earlier in this thread. Hair is the biggest pain in the ass ever to deal with in animations! You have to adjust it on a frame by frame basis, or else have it change positions so fast that viewers can't tell that it's actually passing through a figure's shoulder, the cross, or whatever. That hasn't changed, unless you use dynamic hair, which I don't think any of us are at the moment.

Back when I was doing the Sabina animations, there were about 1400 frames of animation, and that induced me to end that effort and go to still renders for illustrations.

Jedakk, I read your discussion with Bartnel, meant to imply that in my post, and evidently failed. No matter, it's good you restated just how much a pain in the ass animated hair is, a lesson I took to heart back when you described, and I witnessed, the Battle of Sabina's Hair and Wood and Shoulders. ;)

Jedakk, I read your discussion with Bartnel, meant to imply that in my post, and evidently failed. No matter, it's good you restated just how much a pain in the ass animated hair is, a lesson I took to heart back when you described, and I witnessed, the Battle of Sabina's Hair and Wood and Shoulders. ;)

The other thing back then, about ten years ago, was the rendering time, together with the quirkiness of Poser. With the computing power I had back then, hundreds of frames might take two or three days to render. Then I'd look at it and detect something that I should have changed, or some weird thing Poser was doing.

I remember in one case, Sabina's pubic hair was only rendering in every other frame and so was flashing on and off twelve times per second when I viewed the animation. Poser is a lot better now, and maybe I am too because I don't run into as many weird issues as I did then.

That hasn't changed, unless you use dynamic hair, which I don't think any of us are at the moment.
In fact, I recently purchased a utility for Poser (Python script) that seems to transform enough easily a classic conforming hair into dynamic hair, but I need to test it before anything else ... (so find time for that !)

@Apostate : One year ago, I purchased a new modern computer x10 times faster & powerful than previous one, so I can now use more advanced features than before ;)

Another scene in 3rd part of Elaine story , nocturnal whipping (VUE rendering) :

ElaineWhip02.gif

In fact, I recently purchased a utility for Poser (Python script) that seems to transform enough easily a classic conforming hair into dynamic hair, but I need to test it before anything else ... (so find time for that !)

@Apostate : One year ago, I purchased a new modern computer x10 times faster & powerful than previous one, so I can now use more advanced features than before ;)

Another scene in 3rd part of Elaine story , nocturnal whipping (VUE rendering) :

View attachment 547436

Remind me on this http://www.cruxforums.com/xf/threads/the-official-at-the-embassy.6448/page-2#post-352513

View attachment 547436

Looking forward to seeing what you do with them there advanced features, Bartnel. I'm not a flogging fan, but that clip nicely rivets my eyes on the jerk of her body and the jiggling of her breasts. And her hair as a detail and not a distraction.

Essential elements in this unfolding wet dream of a crux animation. Hope you finish this one and make many more in case, Cthulhu forbid, you someday get tired of the genre.

Difficult to do "many more"... except if I can get many more time ....maybe 50 hours per day would be good for example ?

My first movie "Inferno" (the blond girl with demons in a red dark place) was 6mn40 s 800x450 size (no sound).

The next movie "Inferno 2017" was 13 mn long 1024x576 size with sound.
It is simply a rework of previous work with additional scenes, other environment and rendered with Poser engine instead of VUE Infinite.

The one I currently work on "Elaine story" has 4 parts . 2 parts are finished and the duration is more than 10 mn... so, I suppose the overall duration will be around 20 mn ! (size will stay the same) with sound.
It is rendered with VUE engine because VUE outdoor renderings are way better than Poser or DAZ (and VUE is FAST : I can now render animations with radiosity, soft shadows and depth blur ...)

Now, I think : "this is the last time I do such a long movie !"
But it is always the same : when I do a scene, I think : "Hmmm, it would be interesting to show the moment when she arrives in the place where she will be executed" this means more than 1 week of additional work ... and so on ! ;)

Let's see.

Glistening, sweat-sheened nude female body: check.

Jiggling, law of gravity abiding breasts: check.

Belly muscles straining, heaving: check.

Limited range of motion but desperate, convincing dance: check.

Dramatic, golden sunset lighting: check.

Yes, very realistic. The "jiggly" stuff you guys like so much makes it so lifelike. Very sophisticated imagery.

Yes, very realistic. The "jiggly" stuff you guys like so much makes it so lifelike. Very sophisticated imagery.

For me it's more the law of gravity abiding thing. And the physical reality of blood and flesh and sweat and nudity.

It's possible to achieve images like Bartnel's, or Jastrow's, or Jedakk's with live actors. The practical and CGI effects are available, and there are performers who'll do pretty much anything. But nobody's going to make movies like that any time soon.

If we have to settle for pure Poser style imagery, we're lucky people like Jedakk, Jastrow and Bartnel are working.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    107.9 KB · Views: 1,807
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    844.7 KB · Views: 1,651
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    372.4 KB · Views: 1,647
  • image.png
    image.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 1,635
There are a few commercial movies that show a naked woman crucified
(I think about "Morituris" "Snuff movie" and "Blowback" -uncomplete crucifixion for the last one - maybe there are others I don't know ? )
... but very rare indeed !

In my opinion, it is quite easy to make correct looking crux pics with current sofware ( DAZ for example... ) but it's another thing to make it realistic or vivid ... or animate it !

I often see girls who look like plastic puppets : realistic specular effects for skin are not so easy to achieve ;)

Last edited:
There are a few commercial movies that show a naked woman crucified
(I think about "Morituris" "Snuff movie" and "Blowback" -uncomplete crucifixion for the last one - maybe there are others I don't know ? )
... but very rare indeed !

In my opinion, it is quite easy to make correct looking crux pics with current sofware ( DAZ for example... ) but it's another thing to make it realistic or vivid ... or animate it !

I often see girls who look like plastic puppets : realistic specular effects for skin are not so easy to achieve ;)

Sometimes I think computers are guilty of 'dumbing us down', in that they make things easier for the the unskilled to do.

In this case, I think they have created a new skill, and I'm glad you've mastered it! :beer:

I agree ; by the past, nardnob had started an animation of my crucifixion , but it was so much long that he let it falling down, alas !
These pics were made for this animation ...
He made a short animation (around 1 mn) but it was taking (if I well remember) 1 or even 2 days to realize it !
I had this animation but I lost it ... If I can re-find it , perhaps that I'll post ...

Attachments

• messa_daze_100.jpg
    messa_daze_100.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 1,425
  • messa_daze_200.jpg
    messa_daze_200.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 1,275
  • messa_daze_300.jpg
    messa_daze_300.jpg
    189.4 KB · Views: 1,204
  • messa_daze_400.jpg
    messa_daze_400.jpg