Cars And Related Things

Go to CruxDreams.com
It's a pain getting pulled up in Beeston,

When I read Dorothy's post mentioning Beeston, I tried to think of something witty or pithy to respond, but RL got in the way. I would never have come up with anything like you found, brilliant.

In reality of course it's not QUITE that bad, only one of the three London bombers came from Beeston, there are more churches and mosques than pubs, and Cross Flatts Park hosts some inclusive community events. The officially-recognised 'prostiute tolerance zone' is in nearby Holbeck. A Du Puy factory makes the most advanced knee and hip joints in the world. And the White Rose centre has a huge Disney Store.

What have i done, i only mentioned Beeston because it`s the start of the downhill
run into Leeds and the more you go down that road the seedier it get`s. Beeston
had a cinema Rex i think, and the Crescent lower down the road could be anything.
when i was a kid we went to Middleton Park but i would`nt go near the place now,
things have changed so much.Anyway i live the other side of Tingley Cross Roads
going down towards Dewsbury ,and it`s not a bad area around Woodkirk Church.
I`m surprised no one mentioned East Ardsley, Ernest Wiseman, Ernie Wise, From
Morecambe and Wise went to School there.
Anyway, enough of this nonsense , who is going to knock me off next.

Attachments

• large.jpg
    large.jpg
    192.2 KB · Views: 15
Do not know what car is it but love the interior :)

732.jpg

726.jpg

Bentley has sent two Continental GT3s to Australian for the weekend's Bathurst 12 hour along with former star Audi engineer Leena Gade as motorsport project manager.

View attachment 459784 View attachment 459785

http://www.drive.com.au/motor-news/qa-leena-gade-legendary-race-engineer-20170201-gu3m2i.html

Gade had spearheaded Audi's recent Le Man and world endurance championship wins but wanted out of race engineering.

Be interested to see how the Bentleys cope on the Mt Panorma course.
It sure will. Of course the Bentleys don't weight anywhere near what the street version they sell (that Barb and Siss like to 'borrow' from Tree and wreck). None the less all reviews I have read about the street version all have a line similar to 'it defies physics' with how it accelerates, handles, and stops despite its huge weight!

I can't find the Bathurst race on US TV. I'll try to catch some of it on the web but live streaming with my internet speeds is iffy at best.

It sure will. Of course the Bentleys don't weight anywhere near what the street version they sell (that Barb and Siss like to 'borrow' from Tree and wreck). None the less all reviews I have read about the street version all have a line similar to 'it defies physics' with how it accelerates, handles, and stops despite its huge weight!

I can't find the Bathurst race on US TV. I'll try to catch some of it on the web but live streaming with my internet speeds is iffy at best.
Pp is up bush otherwise the 12 hour could be recorded and a file put in a dropbox. Will watch for a highlights package.

Happy to record the big one in October and share somehow.

Tree

"DUCK EVERYONE!"

Does this have any meaning other than literal translation? :confused:

It's a slang? :eek:

Top-Cat

Depends which literal translation you are getting. If it is the one with the amphibious avian then you are probably confused....

However ducking in English does not refer to acting like a duck but dropping down fast to avoid low flying objects or incoming missiles etc.

Missiles like well aimed crockery...I think Tree has had practice :D

Tree

"DUCK EVERYONE!"

Does this have any meaning other than literal translation? :confused:

It's a slang? :eek:

Top-Cat
Depends which literal translation you are getting. If it is the one with the amphibious avian then you are probably confused....

However ducking in English does not refer to acting like a duck but dropping down fast to avoid low flying objects or incoming missiles etc.

Missiles like well aimed crockery...I think Tree has had practice :D
RR has described what I meant. When a young lass throws a shoe at your head you 'duck' to avoid it!!!

Pp is up bush otherwise the 12 hour could be recorded and a file put in a dropbox. Will watch for a highlights package.

Happy to record the big one in October and share somehow.
If you find highlights let me know. The whole race would take me forever to download!!!

Back
Top Bottom