Crucifixion In Video Games

Go to CruxDreams.com
Witnessed my very first crucifixion at Cruxwinds today. Her name was Ashley. She was saying that both her, and lover are slaves that were caught trying to run away. Being my first time and not really knowing what I was doing---I positioned myself so that the camera controls would allow me to get this image just before she died. I felt so sorry for her. The poor thing. Her lover didn't last much longer either. It was quit a sight to behold. You all will have to try it sometime.

View attachment 717616

This shows how far SL has come, there is real feeling in that picture, not to mention a hot body. Lovely scene, emotion, pain, eroticism, a couple crucified together. That's a great introduction for you boclhmtoc

Witnessed my very first crucifixion at Cruxwinds today. Her name was Ashley. She was saying that both her, and lover are slaves that were caught trying to run away. Being my first time and not really knowing what I was doing---I positioned myself so that the camera controls would allow me to get this image just before she died. I felt so sorry for her. The poor thing. Her lover didn't last much longer either. It was quit a sight to behold. You all will have to try it sometime.

View attachment 717616

Spectators are always welcome and it is a good way to learn how to role play by watching others.

Also "switching" roles can be very enlightening especially for a submissive.

kisses

willowfall

We need more games with crucifixion. Especially ones where you can be a) the the executioner or b) the victim.
If I were proficient in game design and coding, I'd make some myself.

Unfortunately it isn't going to happen, It's too niche a market.

That's where something like SL comes in. It is very low cost compared to a game, it easily allows you to switch roles or even move from sim to sim and it is interactive which means you can constantly play with different people. I played with 3 different dominants this week and interacted with several others and I had RP where people I didn't know could got involved or at least spectated.

kisses

willowfall

We need more games with crucifixion. Especially ones where you can be a) the the executioner or b) the victim.
If I were proficient in game design and coding, I'd make some myself.

Being brand new to both SL and CW, I already have ideas, an opinion, and vision of where this technology should be going.

First, SL has a very steep learning curve. I’ve spent two weeks researching who Linden is and what he created; could I experience it on my current machine. With a winXP pro/ Intel 1.8GHZ duel CPU/ 2MB RAM/ and 256MB ATI Radeon X1300pro video card/ w/32bit, Could I even run it? You must download a “viewer program” to even get on SL. I found an unsupported, obsolete viewer to go with my unsupported winXP. And it worked. Well, sort of. Mesh avatars send brown streaks across my PC screen. But with few or no avatars in sight, the graphics ran perfect. CW is a trip. I have imagined such a place in my crux fantasy world for years. And lo and behold, such a place does exist. Does a market exist for it? Sure! But at what price?

Before I spend a grand or more for an upgrade. I need: Voice chat. I’m too uncoordinated and type too slow for RP. And please don’t call me on my spelling. A voice activation program might work—but which one?

Graphics… SL and CW are in its infancy when it comes to graphics.

Snapshot_022.png

What they should be striving for is a state-of-the-art CGI 3D imaging where to contours stand out.

dbzg8sj-a287fc75-0f97-42fe-b3cd-1d859a6bb1e0.png

The ankles, soles, toes, should be so realistic that you can touch your PC screen and feel the softness of the skin.

dd1f908-8cd0d6ae-bc8c-402f-8daa-ed477addd476.jpg

And speaking of PC screens—what’s the word on CW working with RV headsets? That’s the future as I see it: CGI 3D world, immersive RV headset with sensors/ voice chat with moving lips. Crux lovers who are mature enough to stay in RP character when in session.

It will take a company with means, and a team of CGI artists who believe “if they build it, they will come.”
But for now—there is CW to enjoy, even on a slow machine like mine. What they’re waiting for is “the market” to step up. It is what this thread is all about-----I’m watching.

Being brand new to both SL and CW, I already have ideas, an opinion, and vision of where this technology should be going.

First, SL has a very steep learning curve. I’ve spent two weeks researching who Linden is and what he created; could I experience it on my current machine. With a winXP pro/ Intel 1.8GHZ duel CPU/ 2MB RAM/ and 256MB ATI Radeon X1300pro video card/ w/32bit, Could I even run it? You must download a “viewer program” to even get on SL. I found an unsupported, obsolete viewer to go with my unsupported winXP. And it worked. Well, sort of. Mesh avatars send brown streaks across my PC screen. But with few or no avatars in sight, the graphics ran perfect. CW is a trip. I have imagined such a place in my crux fantasy world for years. And lo and behold, such a place does exist. Does a market exist for it? Sure! But at what price?

Before I spend a grand or more for an upgrade. I need: Voice chat. I’m too uncoordinated and type too slow for RP. And please don’t call me on my spelling. A voice activation program might work—but which one?

Graphics… SL and CW are in its infancy when it comes to graphics.

View attachment 719138

What they should be striving for is a state-of-the-art CGI 3D imaging where to contours stand out.

View attachment 719139

The ankles, soles, toes, should be so realistic that you can touch your PC screen and feel the softness of the skin.

View attachment 719140

And speaking of PC screens—what’s the word on CW working with RV headsets? That’s the future as I see it: CGI 3D world, immersive RV headset with sensors/ voice chat with moving lips. Crux lovers who are mature enough to stay in RP character when in session.

It will take a company with means, and a team of CGI artists who believe “if they build it, they will come.”
But for now—there is CW to enjoy, even on a slow machine like mine. What they’re waiting for is “the market” to step up. It is what this thread is all about-----I’m watching.

All wonderful to ask for but are you going to pay for it?

And Linden Labs isn't waiting for anything. This site has been operational for 16 years with millions of users.

And your XP machine isn't going to produce anything like acceptable graphics no matter what they do.

The future as you see it, either at CF or SL ain't happening unless you are willing to foot the bill and it is obvious by your post you aren't.

So I suggest you take a step back and reassess your expectations, the fact that you are still running an XP machine says a lot about the effort you are willing to put forth to make your desires a reality.

The world moves ahead thru 'doers' not 'waiters and watchers'.

kisses

willowfall

Graphics in SL are great if you have a system that can handle it. I run one notch down from Ultra and it looks a lot better than say * games * like COD etc. Since your running an outdated operating system and viewer, you aren't able to see mesh avatars like Willow and me use. Believe me we have toes and fingers that move and supple bodies etc. Linden Labs has been trying to launch Sansar, which is VR based , but never went anywhere cause they didn't allow people to transfer their things over from SL, so it died. I voice all the time in SL, just ask Willow. I hate to type and I voice when I work in SL ( I DJ ) . So upgrade your system ( You know you'll have to do it to keep up ) Use an up to date viewer like Firestorm, set your graphics to ultra or one notch below , set shadow mapping and lighting and then tell us SL isn't that good :)

Hello ladies! Words can never express my appreciation and thanks to both of you for inviting & turning me on to CW. But there may be a misunderstanding in the intention of my post. Lack of communication is what causes it. Hi Possum! You wanted all contact to be done at “inworld.” I’ve sent two inworld emails to you seven days ago. Either they never went through, or you don’t read them. I can try re-sending them in inworld, or cut & paste them on a CF private conversation. I will not share it here. I did ask for any tutors in CW or SL that might bring me up to speed faster.

The enjoyment and fun I’ve already experienced at CW tells me you don’t charge enough. All L$2500 i.e. $11.34US was worth it to me, just to see what’s there. Words like “CW is a trip.” Or “for now, there is CW to enjoy.” Was met as a “compliment!” To bring people to the site. I was pointing out my vision of where it could go with the right backing. My comment(s) were based on Ignikamarcus’s post. The graphics comparison was with the last two images of my post, compared with the one above and Willowfall’s images of her avatar in post #203. On my slow machine---I’m seeing the same thing, even around the brown streaks. But IF those images have the same contours and sharpness as my last two images---then my eyes are deceiving me, and please accept my apology.

My slow machine is not the issue. The hours I’ve spent to see if I could dip my toe into CW is worth 20 thumbs ups. My post(s) was about inviting people to try it. Even giving my PC specs if that helps anyone.

Possum points out that she uses voice chat in SL. Yes, but not allowed on CW as I recall. That’s my point. Will I pay $$$$ to get into RP with voice chat or voice activation? Tell me if it’s available before I upgrade.

If not, an onlooker or spectator works for me. With no tutors for CW that I’m aware of---Figuring out how to strip down a pre-fab avatar, naked, and insert it into the sim., took time and some doing. It quickly solved the problem of the “dress code.” Since the Roman garbs are mesh and won’t fit a pre-fab. A naked avatar at CW is sure to get crucified! Well, that’s the whole idea anyway.

As the spectator, I really enjoyed taking one of my female pre-fabs, stripping her down for execution, and watching Kavolous crucify her on the third stipe across from the bone pile. From her cross, I observed the RP action all around me without having to type anything into the chat box. All this on my “slow computer.”

No ladies, my post was meant as a compliment to your hard work. And the VR point was only my vision for the future.

I hope this clarifies my comments and intentions.

Hello ladies! Words can never express my appreciation and thanks to both of you for inviting & turning me on to CW. But there may be a misunderstanding in the intention of my post. Lack of communication is what causes it. Hi Possum! You wanted all contact to be done at “inworld.” I’ve sent two inworld emails to you seven days ago. Either they never went through, or you don’t read them. I can try re-sending them in inworld, or cut & paste them on a CF private conversation. I will not share it here. I did ask for any tutors in CW or SL that might bring me up to speed faster.

The enjoyment and fun I’ve already experienced at CW tells me you don’t charge enough. All L$2500 i.e. $11.34US was worth it to me, just to see what’s there. Words like “CW is a trip.” Or “for now, there is CW to enjoy.” Was met as a “compliment!” To bring people to the site. I was pointing out my vision of where it could go with the right backing. My comment(s) were based on Ignikamarcus’s post. The graphics comparison was with the last two images of my post, compared with the one above and Willowfall’s images of her avatar in post #203. On my slow machine---I’m seeing the same thing, even around the brown streaks. But IF those images have the same contours and sharpness as my last two images---then my eyes are deceiving me, and please accept my apology.

My slow machine is not the issue. The hours I’ve spent to see if I could dip my toe into CW is worth 20 thumbs ups. My post(s) was about inviting people to try it. Even giving my PC specs if that helps anyone.

Possum points out that she uses voice chat in SL. Yes, but not allowed on CW as I recall. That’s my point. Will I pay $$$$ to get into RP with voice chat or voice activation? Tell me if it’s available before I upgrade.

If not, an onlooker or spectator works for me. With no tutors for CW that I’m aware of---Figuring out how to strip down a pre-fab avatar, naked, and insert it into the sim., took time and some doing. It quickly solved the problem of the “dress code.” Since the Roman garbs are mesh and won’t fit a pre-fab. A naked avatar at CW is sure to get crucified! Well, that’s the whole idea anyway.

As the spectator, I really enjoyed taking one of my female pre-fabs, stripping her down for execution, and watching Kavolous crucify her on the third stipe across from the bone pile. From her cross, I observed the RP action all around me without having to type anything into the chat box. All this on my “slow computer.”

No ladies, my post was met as a compliment to your hard work. And the VR point was only my vision for the future.

I hope this clarifies my comments and intentions.

The problem with electronic communication is that 70% of human communication is non-verbal. Clarification accepted.

About "voice play" during RP. It doesn't work for several reasons:

1) Not everyone wants to voice play. I don't voice anywhere on the internet as I have already been stalked once (out of the old Yahoo Crux group) and have no wish to repeat that experience, Voice is an easy way to identify someone.
2) Secondly, and how do I put this, SL is a fantasy world. Many of the players are not what they appear to be (for example switching sexes) and voice play would break that illusion.
3) Finally and most importantly you can not have voice play going on in either a large group or when several groups are occupying the same space. It just leads to chaos.

kisses

willowfall

At last nights Role Play Willow thought she might have a snack, but the tables turned and she joined me as tortured examples of Rome's might!View attachment 719616View attachment 719617View attachment 719618View attachment 719619View attachment 719620View attachment 719621View attachment 719622View attachment 719624View attachment 719628
Hallo Possum ich finde alles ganz toll und würde gerne mich in cruxwind einlocken aber schaffe es einfach nicht. habe es mit dem link von seite patibulum versucht auch nicht vielleicht kanns du mir helfen. bin germeny
vielen dank schöne grüsse j.gank

The problem with electronic communication is that 70% of human communication is non-verbal. Clarification accepted.

About "voice play" during RP. It doesn't work for several reasons:

1) Not everyone wants to voice play. I don't voice anywhere on the internet as I have already been stalked once (out of the old Yahoo Crux group) and have no wish to repeat that experience, Voice is an easy way to identify someone.
2) Secondly, and how do I put this, SL is a fantasy world. Many of the players are not what they appear to be (for example switching sexes) and voice play would break that illusion.
3) Finally and most importantly you can not have voice play going on in either a large group or when several groups are occupying the same space. It just leads to chaos.

kisses

willowfall
On point #2, I've been asked by quite a few Xbox live players why I play as a female character.
And I give them all the same answer. Because the option was there.

All wonderful to ask for but are you going to pay for it?

And Linden Labs isn't waiting for anything. This site has been operational for 16 years with millions of users.

And your XP machine isn't going to produce anything like acceptable graphics no matter what they do.

The future as you see it, either at CF or SL ain't happening unless you are willing to foot the bill and it is obvious by your post you aren't.

So I suggest you take a step back and reassess your expectations, the fact that you are still running an XP machine says a lot about the effort you are willing to put forth to make your desires a reality.

The world moves ahead thru 'doers' not 'waiters and watchers'.

kisses

willowfall

The crisp sharp photo taken on post #199, was done on a 2007 top line gaming PC platform, using an XP, OS.
Snapshot_002.png
As I watched and waited............................

boclhmtoc said Lack of communication is what causes it. Hi Possum! You wanted all contact to be done at “inworld.” I’ve sent two inworld emails to you seven days ago. Either they never went through, or you don’t read them. My reply is -I see you've e-mailed me, but if I click on it to open it up, it says I don't have permission. So I'm not ignoring you, just can't respond

On an expedition to Guatemala to research Mayan artifacts, A member of the team from the University of SC finds and old wallet wrapped in plastic . They open it up, there is no identification in it. But they find 2 pictures, obviously from the late 60's, early 70's. They are appalled by what they show! Then one of the professors says OMG! I think this is that missing peace corp member that went missing down here! She was never seen or heard from again!Snapshot_817.jpgSnapshot_822.jpg

On an expedition to Guatemala to research Mayan artifacts, A member of the team from the University of SC finds and old wallet wrapped in plastic . They open it up, there is no identification in it. But they find 2 pictures, obviously from the late 60's, early 70's. They are appalled by what they show! Then one of the professors says OMG! I think this is that missing peace corp member that went missing down here! She was never seen or heard from again!View attachment 721815View attachment 721816

And I thought they had buzzards down there?

kisses

willowfall

Back
Top Bottom