Filtered And Artistic Manips And Pictures Gallery

Go to CruxDreams.com
The lighting of the painting is curious - it looks like moonlight.
And when the sixth hour was come, there was darkness over the whole land until the ninth hour. Mark 15:33

The girl in chains at the front is the focal point of the piece, and the implication is perhaps that the cross in the centre is hers,
I saw it as a whipping post, conveniently placed for pre-crux scourging -
she's been given time to recover from the thrashing,
now they're coming to crucify her ...

I am working on a couple of things, but I thought it would be nice to get something posted.
Nicely desolate looking landscape on Castle Mountain in Banff National Park in Alberta. I have enhanced the mountain's natural features somewhat with CF "decor". You may imagine a Roman or other "oppressor" of your choice, if you wish (or even a particulary sadistic hiking guide).
Banff2a.jpg

I am working on a couple of things, but I thought it would be nice to get something posted.
Nicely desolate looking landscape on Castle Mountain in Banff National Park in Alberta. I have enhanced the mountain's natural features somewhat with CF "decor". You may imagine a Roman or other "oppressor" of your choice, if you wish (or even a particulary sadistic hiking guide).
View attachment 726164
Great idea for great crucifixions !

View attachment 726164
Tree is envious!!!

A dramatic background, put to good use here with appropriately dramatic effect!
I see Erica, Lena, Lenochka and Oxana from Cruxdreams, one of Ramon's and one from Horrifyme-uk - all making quite an impression on Castle Mountain.

Nicely blended with a good sense of depth and scale - well done, Jolly!
I believe Banff has featured in your work previously - perhaps this will be an occasional series? :)

Nicely blended with a good sense of depth and scale
Cheers, Bob. In actual fact, I fudged the scale a bit. The mountain is considerably higher than it might appear here, and if I had been entirely realistic, the girls on the cliff would have ended up about 1/2 to 1/3 their current size, and the question would be whether to put them in at all. ;) :D

The Banff shots I took in 2016 are a good source of some dramatic moments, so they'll likely show up again. :)

Time to add to this little collection again. This manip has been a bit of a pet project of mine for a few weeks now. A few select "critics" have seen various iterations of it. It started with the idea of a mass crucifixion on a beach, and I decided to see how far I could take that. If my count is correct this image includes about 48 figures in about 55 main layers, but some of the crux images themselves have 5-10 layers, so all in all there are likely over 200 distinct layers ultimately merged or grouped. I am just really hoping I got the perspectives somewhat right. I know some of the lighting and shadow work could use some, well, work, but sometimes you just have to let go and post something, so here it is, with a friendly note that someone might have better luck than I did finding 48-50 girls all lit from the same angle. Pretend it's a sort of cloudy day with light coming down through breaks in the clouds. I don't know - it worked for me. :D

For all you "mass crux" lovers out there, I give you "The Beach"
Beach-Hipgnosis01.jpg

Time to add to this little collection again. This manip has been a bit of a pet project of mine for a few weeks now. A few select "critics" have seen various iterations of it. It started with the idea of a mass crucifixion on a beach, and I decided to see how far I could take that. If my count is correct this image includes about 48 figures in about 55 main layers, but some of the crux images themselves have 5-10 layers, so all in all there are likely over 200 distinct layers ultimately merged or grouped. I am just really hoping I got the perspectives somewhat right. I know some of the lighting and shadow work could use some, well, work, but sometimes you just have to let go and post something, so here it is, with a friendly note that someone might have better luck than I did finding 48-50 girls all lit from the same angle. Pretend it's a sort of cloudy day with light coming down through breaks in the clouds. I don't know - it worked for me. :D

View attachment 756058

I will focus my unclean attention on this one. :babeando:

Attachments

• C3D2D488-0DDC-4EED-A75B-92FE0F89CF45.jpeg
    C3D2D488-0DDC-4EED-A75B-92FE0F89CF45.jpeg
    299.4 KB · Views: 329
That’s me .... or at least SkatingJesus’ render of me ... right behind her!

What happens when the tide comes in?
Yes, I thought you'd feel left out if you weren't there. :D Not sure what happens about the tides. Not good at that sort of planning, sorry. Anyway, you're up on a cross - I doubt you'll drown. :confused::rolleyes::devil:

Beach-Hipgnosis01.jpg
Congratulations on such a complicated manip - I rarely approach 200 visible layers!
I think my own mass crux record stands at twenty in a single picture, so this is impressive work indeed.

I can see 37 figures, which suggests that several more are concealed behind the visible ones.
As for the incoming tide, let's hope those stakes go down all the way to bedrock, otherwise... :eek:

And I shall add this to my list of pending reviews, for three reasons - well, three which are immediately apparent! :D

I thought the blood was nicely done. :)
It's nice of you to say. I always find that one of the more fiddly parts of a manip, and I tried a number of different methods. The best approach I've found (for me anyway) seems to be using a blood "layer" and then using various transforming and warping tools to get it the right shape on an arm or a foot. I tried "drawing" or "painting" the blood on one or two models, but the colour looks funny sometimes, and it often looks like you drew it on with a sharpie. Anyway, thank you for the comment. :)

Back
Top Bottom