Filtered And Artistic Manips And Pictures Gallery

Go to CruxDreams.com
Cruxton Abbey #2
I think it turned out reasonably well, but I'm a bit concerned about the "casting" of especially the male characters. I did get myself in there. ;) :D:cool: I may have to make Lord Wragg and Sir Bob Inder a bit more youthful, although I think they do look rather dignified and sinister here.
View attachment 788864
Dignified and sinister? If I could do Latin that could be on the Wragg coat of arms!

I think that is one great image, Jollyrei, and thank you for including Katty! :)

There are a number of interesting "cultural" rituals at Cruxton Abbey, although one is never sure whether Lord Wragg approved of the crucifixion of one of his celebrity guests. He may have done, I suppose. He's not around to object, in any case.

Crucifixion at Cruxton - featuring Chloe Sevigny and Ryonen (and some unidentified men dressed as Romans).
Chloe02c.jpg

There are a number of interesting "cultural" rituals at Cruxton Abbey, although one is never sure whether Lord Wragg approved of the crucifixion of one of his celebrity guests. He may have done, I suppose. He's not around to object, in any case.

Crucifixion at Cruxton - featuring Chloe Sevigny and Ryonen (and some unidentified men dressed as Romans).
Chloe02c.jpg
Nice character interaction, Jolly - I like the way that Ryonen is gazing up at Chloe during her elevation.
She is apparently looking forward to attaining greater heights herself...
It's all joined together rather well, with a pleasant vintage atmosphere - it certainly looks like some kind of traditional occurrence. :D

View attachment 794557

Cruxton Abbey in the background appears to be more impressive than I remember. Then of course I only got to see the cellar dungeon. :facepalm:

It's a merry Christmas indeed at Cruxton Abbey. Sir Bob Inder is visiting his old friend, Lord Wragg, and taking part in the traditional St. Stephen's Day cracking of the whip in one of the bedrooms. Lady Barbara Moorehead was enticed to join him by the prospect of a sumptuous 4-poster bed (and the fact that she misunderstood the cracking to be something to do with Christmas Crackers - this may explain her less than enthusiastic expression). Katty seems to be having fun, although Wragg may feel a bit left out. We'll have to go see what's kept him (probably doing something traditional and festive in the dungeons). Anyway, it's not all games and sport; at Cruxton there is always afternoon tea, served by one of the lovely maids. After all that exercise, most of the participants seem quite happy to take a break. I should say, though, that Bob must be quite fit - he doesn't seem to have broken a sweat, even wearing white tie (it's a very formal whipping, it seems).
CruxtonAbbey04g1a.jpg

On a technical note, I have to thank Bobinder and Wragg for their critical and helpful input on this manip, which was giving me some difficulties. Bob provided crucial input on filters, angles and lighting, and both gents provided advice on composition to tie the piece together. For those who don't know about the work that goes into this sort of artwork, the final image is the result of 7 drafts, some of which are reworked. The Katya model is a lower resolution than I might have liked, but that image has no duplicates that any of us could find, so I had to resize and filter it to look blended. The background image as it is now has 27 layers to sort out the carpets, painting, wreath, and walls, and to cut out a bench that was in the way. The Bob figure (played here by Christopher Lee, has at least 3 layers, and took some colour and lighting adjustments. Barb has a nice skirt, which was taken from another model (found by one of the lads who contribute to the "Lovely Ladies" thread - thanks chaps. You do come through with some good stuff!) - I hope she doesn't catch cold. Anyway, I needed the skirt to cover the fact that the Caprice image was only from the thighs up, and was wearing some hideous panties - you can thank me later, Barb. The background has at least 3 photo filters over it to make it look natural and let the human figures take centre stage. The painting above the fireplace is one of my earlier manips, adjusted for perspective and filtered to make it look like a painting, so that I wouldn't have to put in another bunch of layers backwards to look like reflections in a mirror (the very thought made me shake a little, but that might have been the sherry). There's no real reason for Katya Clover to be in this picture, except that the pose suited the four-poster so well, and Wragg does like to see her show up. We wouldn't want her to get into trouble at Christmas, would we?

Last edited:
On a technical note, I have to thank Bobinder and Wragg for their critical and helpful input on this manip, which was giving me some difficulties. Bob provided crucial input on filters, angles and lighting, and both gents provided advice on composition to tie the piece together. For those who don't know about the work that goes into this sort of artwork, the final image is the result of 7 drafts, some of which are reworked.
Thanks very much for the credit, Jolly - I may not have broken a sweat, but as I recall, we didn't even get started before the tea tray arrived. And if you're wondering about the lack of silver service, we were trying to deter the maids from their usual swift escape strategy of leaping onto the empty tray at the top of the stairs and tobogganing down each flight. The wicker tray doesn't stand up to this treatment for very long, as they've already found out...! ;)

I believe Katty actually volunteered to pose in this one, having been invited as a special guest by Lord Wragg. Apparently there are some contractual obligations still to be fulfilled pending the completion of 'Jasmine'!

And on the technical side, I'm very pleased that you have pursued the quest for perfection so relentlessly in this one. It is an ambitious composition for all the reasons you have stated. You evidently enjoyed the challenges you set yourself and developed some good techniques following our suggestions, which you have put into good effect. Very nice manipulation work, indeed! :D

So we're going to take tour of the basement/cellars, where Lord Wragg says there's a dungeon, and possibly a wine cellar. Barb suggested that one of the ladies go down to take part in the festivities. She seemed apprehensive about removing her dress, even though clothing for women was generally "optional", which is to say, it was an option if Lord Wragg thought it was appropriate. She also seemed to think Mr. Jollyrei was a bit ominous looking, as he waited at the bottom of the stairs, even though he assured her that the trembling chambermaid huddled behind him was perfectly alright. I'm sure everything will be fine. And doesn't this girl have a lovely bottom?
CruxtonAbbey05a.jpg

How can you be so sure? :confused:
Well, we're going down to the dungeons now, and things get lost down there.

I have to thank Bobinder and Wragg for their critical and helpful input on this manip, which was giving me some difficulties.
Bob provided advice on such things as lighting, composition colour, etc. I provided advice as to how luscious Matty was looking tied to that bedpost. :rolleyes:

So we're going to take tour of the basement/cellars, where Lord Wragg says there's a dungeon, and possibly a wine cellar. Barb suggested that one of the ladies go down to take part in the festivities. She seemed apprehensive about removing her dress, even though clothing for women was generally "optional", which is to say, it was an option if Lord Wragg thought it was appropriate. She also seemed to think Mr. Jollyrei was a bit ominous looking, as he waited at the bottom of the stairs, even though he assured her that the trembling chambermaid huddled behind him was perfectly alright. I'm sure everything will be fine. And doesn't this girl have a lovely bottom?
View attachment 798598

Well, we're going down to the dungeons now, and things get lost down there.
Jollyrei needed no advice whatsoever with this one. He knows a well proportioned bottom when he sees one! I think one's eyes would be drawn there irrespective of the fact that it has been skilfully positioned at the intersection of the thirds! :)

Back
Top Bottom