Great Pics Found By Phlebas And Other

Go to CruxDreams.com
That first one you posted is the one I stitched together from other pics posted on that thread. I'd love to see better, more detailed ones, like your 1e304113113f50db7fdff824dd724b8b-jpg
A lot masterpiece.
Sometimes I wonder about all the nude female crux photos that were almost certainly taken in the earlier days of photography, so few are known to us. It's an obvious theme.
Sometimes we just have to imagine those photos ourselves
View attachment 439366
That's an excellent image Phlebas, thank you.
I do find panoramic views and sepia tone very inspiring, although they do create rather large files. These two are 50% reductions for thumbnails. Full size elsewhere in the Forum I think, and on http://bobnearled.deviantart.com/

Via Appia 12 sepia -7-15 50%.jpg Ivdaea Capta 9f sepia -7-15 50%.jpg

I just found the perfect way to raise a cross!

A counterweight? Those Romans were pretty good engineers, but they didn't have barbed wire. (What's that Barb? No, I wasn't talking to you!)

Ok, nice discussion, I've enjoyed it. I love these old photos, and the evidence that people have been thinking about this topic for a long time :)

It's Friday in Sydney so here is my regular weekend post
tumblr_ogznpl97Sh1qlg6wio1_1280.jpg tumblr_ogznpl97Sh1qlg6wio2_1280.jpg tumblr_ogznpl97Sh1qlg6wio3_1280.jpg tumblr_ogznpl97Sh1qlg6wio4_1280.jpg tumblr_ogznpl97Sh1qlg6wio5_1280.jpg d_bondage_crucifixion_pleasures.jpg 11285374.jpg Japanese Bondage Photos presented by The KITAN CLUB in 1951-'75 (01).jpg 2043056721.jpg
and a bonus old painting, just to prove my point above
1591506124.jpg

Triplets? Identical triplets! Wow! Just imagine that!:rolleyes::eek::D

Ivdaea Capta 9f sepia -7-15 50%.jpg One committed the terrible crime but the other two are completely innocent. Yet, all three had to die! I mean, you had to make sure the guilty one was executed! It's just the logical thing to do.

Hey, it's just the kind of justice expected here, isn't it?;)

One committed the terrible crime but the other two are completely innocent. Yet, all three had to die! I mean, you had to make sure the guilty one was executed! It's just the logical thing to do.
Of course Marcella.

William Blackstone's Formulation that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer holds no place at all in the Court of Crux Forums :devil:.

Triplets? Identical triplets! Wow! Just imagine that!:rolleyes::eek::D

View attachment 439467 One committed the terrible crime but the other two are completely innocent. Yet, all three had to die! I mean, you had to make sure the guilty one was executed! It's just the logical thing to do.

Indeed, it is one possible interpretation, Marcella. See post #3650 in this thread.

and a bonus old painting, just to prove my point above
View attachment 439395

Martyr de Sainte Barbe par Jean Bellegambe (c1470 - 1534), Musèe de l la Chartreuse de Douai.
Martyrdom of St Barbara, Charterhouse Museum, Douay.

I love Barbe's look of chaste dismay, and the insanely vicious expression on her tormentor's face -
note he's left-handed, the sinister side!

Martyr de Sainte Barbe par Jean Bellegambe (c1470 - 1534), Musèe de l la Chartreuse de Douai.
Martyrdom of St Barbara, Charterhouse Museum, Douay.

I love Barbe's look of chaste dismay, and the insanely vicious expression on her tormentor's face -
note he's left-handed, the sinister side!

The look on his face is downright scary!! :eek::eek::eek::eek: .... not to mention what he is doing!

I have seen somewhere on this forum topic about the huge painting by Jan Stuka dedicated to mass crucifixion on the arena in Roman times. This painting was lost in Russia during its exibition - it was damaged because of the roof collapse in the building where it was exibited. Further traces of it are lost in Russian revolutionary turmoil. I tried to collect all images in the web about this painting. If somebody has more of it - post here or send me.

Here are some more pictures from the same painting:

As RR said, Zephyros opened a whole thread on this panorama:

http://www.cruxforums.com/xf/threads/the-lost-panorama.5069/#post-218868

I'll leave the posts about it here for now, but might move them over to that thread later.

I've shifted the posts about the Styka panorama now over to Loxuru's thread,
http://www.cruxforums.com/xf/threads/the-lost-panorama.5069/#post-218868

Authors of the posts should have received PM notifications,
apologies if these are a bit confusing, the process of moving posts into another thread
is a bit advanced for this girl's not very technical brain :)

Makes you think, Phlebas.

I wonder if there was an early version of Cruxforums where your Grandad and Grandad swapped stories and photos courtesy of the good old Royal Mail?
Absolutely. None have come down to me though, sadly :(

Hang on, what are these in this old box with "From Wragg" on the lid?
View attachment 439371 View attachment 439372 View attachment 439373

The other possibility are artist's studies for crux paintings, but these tend to be male
View attachment 439374
Have you seen the movie "Gentlemen's Relish", starring Billy Connolly? Photographer decides he can't make a living taking portraits in London in the early 1900s, and starts a subscription service for 'artistic' images of the female form. Well worth the time. Can't remember if there was any crux form (likely not :( ).
Gentlemans_Relish_6778275.jpg

Have you seen the movie "Gentlemen's Relish", starring Billy Connolly? Photographer decides he can't make a living taking portraits in London in the early 1900s, and starts a subscription service for 'artistic' images of the female form. Well worth the time. Can't remember if there was any crux form (likely not :( ).
View attachment 439748
You'd probably remember if there was.... :(

But thanks for the tip, Jollyrei! ;)

10 slaves for 10 brothers

Once upon a time there was a farmer who lived with his 10 beautiful daughters in a small farmhouse. The King wanted the 10 beautiful daughters to be married to his 10 sons, but the farmer refused, so the king had him killed and fed to the fishes in his moat, and he took the 10 girls as slaves.

IMG_3290[1].JPG
The eldest daughter, not yet 25, was given to his favorite general, who built a stone cottage to keep her in. While he was gone, she walked around the premises, shivering in the open air and waiting for her master to return, so he could take her inside.

IMG_3275[1].JPG
The second daughter was given to the King's mistress, who also happened to be her rival. She was put in stocks in the mistresses private garden, and endured all the torment and humiliation the hated woman could think up.

IMG_3283[1].JPG
The third daughter was given to the kings first legion, who kept her staked and spread eagle in the center of their camp. She wouldn't last long in their company. They can't have nice things.

IMG_3285[1].JPG
The Fourth Daughter was given to the bishop. He believed her to be a witch, and wanted to use her to exercise his demons. When he was done with her, she would meet a heretics fate.

IMG_3286[1].JPG
The fifth daughter was given to the guards at the gate, to which they have chained her. They tell the young women that pass through, "If you don't want to end up like that one, come keep us company for a spell."

IMG_3291[1].JPG
The sixth daughter was given to the King's kennel master, and she quickly became his favorite bitch. And after her training, the love was mutual. In fact, she got excited whenever he said they were going on a W-A-L-K.

IMG_3292[1].JPG
The seventh daughter was given to the local innkeeper, who had always had a crush on the girl. He reached an understanding with the girl, that if she didn't run away, he wouldn't put her in chains. The business thrived, as people came from miles around to be served beer by a girl in her birthday suit. The beer was delicious too.

IMG_3287[1].JPG
The eighth daughter was given to a hunter that had saved his life. He loved to leave his door open for her to run away, so that he could track and capture her. She once led him on a two day chase. When he finally caught her, that was the best time he ever had.

IMG_3279[1].JPG

The ninth daughter, along with the farmers old house and land, was given to her fathers hated enemy, who owned neighboring fields and became one of the richest farmers in the land. He kept her tied to a tree outside at all times, and used her less often then one might think. She grew very lonely.

IMG_3274[1].JPG
The tenth and youngest daughter the King kept for himself. And when the King threw a party to celebrate the marriage of his 10 sons to the 10 daughters of someone who actually thought about what was best for their offspring, the girl was on full display and whipped for the amusement of the party goers. And she enjoyed every second of it.

Last edited:
10 slaves for 10 brothers

Once upon a time there was a farmer who lived with his 10 beautiful daughters in a small farmhouse. The King wanted the 10 beautiful daughters to be married to his 10 sons, but the farmer refused, so the king had him killed and fed to the fishes in his moat, and he took the 10 girls as slaves.

View attachment 439812
The eldest daughter, not yet 25, was given to his favorite general, who built a stone cottage to keep her in. While he was gone, she walked around the premises, shivering in the open air and waiting for her master to return, so he could take her inside.

View attachment 439813
The second daughter was given to the King's mistress, who also happened to be her rival. She was put in stocks in the mistresses private garden, and endured all the torment and humiliation the hated woman could think up.

View attachment 439814
The third daughter was given to the kings first legion, who kept her staked and spread eagle in the center of their camp. She wouldn't last long in their company. They can't have nice things.

View attachment 439815
The Fourth Daughter was given to the bishop. He believed her to be a witch, and wanted to use her to exercise his demons. When he was done with her, she would meet a heretics fate.

View attachment 439816
The fifth daughter was given to the guards at the gate, to which they have chained her. They tell the young women that pass through, "If you don't want to end up like that one, come keep us company for a spell."

View attachment 439817
The sixth daughter was given to the King's kennel master, and she quickly became his favorite bitch. And after her training, the love was mutual. In fact, she got excited whenever he said they were going on a W-A-L-K.

View attachment 439818
The seventh daughter was given to the local innkeeper, who had always had a crush on the girl. He reached an understanding with the girl, that if she didn't run away, he wouldn't put her in chains. The business thrived, as people came from miles around to be served beer by a girl in her birthday suit. The beer was delicious too.

View attachment 439819
The eighth daughter was given to a hunter that had saved his life. He loved to leave his door open for her to run away, so that he could track and capture her. She once led him on a two day chase. When he finally caught her, that was the best time he ever had.

View attachment 439820

The ninth daughter, along with the farmers old house and land, was given to her fathers hated enemy, who owned neighboring fields and became one of the richest farmers in the land. He kept her tied to a tree outside at all times, and used her less often then one might think. She grew very lonely.

View attachment 439811
The tenth and youngest daughter the King kept for himself. And when the King threw a party to celebrate the marriage of his 10 sons to the 10 daughters of someone who actually thought about what was best for their offspring, the girl was on full display and whipped for the amusement of the party goers. And she enjoyed every second of it.
I liked it. Very imaginative and something there for everyone. Much more fun than being one of the 10 daughters of the other guy. :eek::p:devil:

Back
Top Bottom