Great Pics Found By Phlebas And Other

Go to CruxDreams.com
I wonder why the crucified male is allowed to wear a loincloth, has the female rights movement not yet reached the crucifixions?
The real reason why men got a loincloth and females didn't, back in the day, was, the executioners were afraid of the soon to die prisoner trying to piss on them as a final act of defiance. But since women can't 'aim and spray' the way a male can, the was no need for them to have loincloths.
It should also be added that, back in the day, the primary reason most prisoners were executed nude, had little to do with inflicting a final humiliation on them, but rather that, in an era when many people only owned one set of clothes (owning a set of work clothes and another 'Sunday best', already marked you as economically 'better off' than many), the clothing was valuable.
In the Bible there is a passage about the Roman soldiers dicing to see which one of them would get to keep Jesus clothes... That mattered.

The real reason why men got a loincloth and females didn't, back in the day, was, the executioners were afraid of the soon to die prisoner trying to piss on them as a final act of defiance. But since women can't 'aim and spray' the way a male can, the was no need for them to have loincloths.
It should also be added that, back in the day, the primary reason most prisoners were executed nude, had little to do with inflicting a final humiliation on them, but rather that, in an era when many people only owned one set of clothes (owning a set of work clothes and another 'Sunday best', already marked you as economically 'better off' than many), the clothing was valuable.
In the Bible there is a passage about the Roman soldiers dicing to see which one of them would get to keep Jesus clothes... That mattered.
In my experience aiming your piss without a free hand is quite difficult.
Since every movement while nailed comes at a price of new pain(quite a distraction)
the aiming by moving your hips will be even more difficult.
Unless you stand right below the crucified it is unlikely to be hit by piss.
So I disagree with your reasoning on that point.

Loincloth or not is a choice made by the artist or restriction by the model most likely.

Agreed on the value of hand spun, handwoven and handmade clothes in roman times

In my experience aiming your piss without a free hand is quite difficult.
Since every movement while nailed comes at a price of new pain(quite a distraction)
the aiming by moving your hips will be even more difficult.
Unless you stand right below the crucified it is unlikely to be hit by piss.
So I disagree with your reasoning on that point.

Loincloth or not is a choice made by the artist or restriction by the model most likely.

Agreed on the value of hand spun, handwoven and handmade clothes in roman times
For images here, in the 21st Century, certainly the amount of clothing is a choice made by an artist or model.

That said, what I wrote is not 'my' reasoning, but the generally agreed historical interpretation. And while I have no doubt that for the prisoner dying in agony on the cross, successfully aiming might / would have been difficult. What did he have to lose in trying? At some point pain is at the point where there is no such thing as 'more' pain. On the other hand for the guard, getting pissed on would have been quite a humiliation - I am sure the other legionnaires would have had quite a good laugh, and finding running water to wash it off was not necessarily so readily available in those days either. Of course if the person nailed to the cross was lucky, he / she had gone into shock and actually no longer felt much of anything, just slipped away.

If you go down to the church today
you're in for a big surprise

cross3a6_by_olsen1a_dg3nmlw.jpgcross3a7_by_olsen1a_dg3q50v.jpgcross3a8b_by_olsen1a_dg3vv7h.jpgcross3a9b_by_olsen1a_dg3ysj0.jpgcross3a10_by_olsen1a_dg3zt1w.jpg

What he does human women… holy fucking shit. Her pose, the arched back, her lovingly rendered curves. The subtly present pain etched on her face. A perfect candidate for The Aesthetic Component thread.

(And you know my praises are genuine because she has the haircut of a twelve year old boy.)

Back
Top Bottom