Happy Easter

Go to CruxDreams.com
Dash it all, Jollyrei, I do wish you wouldn't post your high art while I'm fast asleep in bed... my ability to appreciate it then depends upon coffee! :eek:

Yesterday, clearly, my coffee was not up to the mark, and so I missed a treat! :doh::clapping:

Once again Happy Easter to all who celebrate the occasion, been a wild week here in Nelson County. Had daytime temperature of 91F (33C) Wednesday until a cold front moved in about 10 PM. Then severe thunderstorms arrived with high straight line winds, was worried about my trees but no damage luckily. My wife looking out the front window said it looked really bad to the Northeast.
We learned the next day that an EF1 tornado touched down over that way about 4 miles as the crow flies from us. Took the roof off several houses and destroyed 4 barns during it's 5 minute 4 mile long path. One guy said he was asleep upstairs and felt his ears popping, heard the roar and then bricks fell onto his bed, lucky. Then after all this we have freeze warnings Friday night, nature is wild this Spring.
The EF1 was about 45 yards wide with 95 mph winds, a few pics of damage here;

View attachment 847406View attachment 847403View attachment 847404View attachment 847405
Happy that you are ok Foggy, condolences to everyone effected.

Easter is almost here.
Found this in my files and was struck by the weird juxtaposition of the craft fair sign and the nailed figure in the foreground. These people really take their craft seriously! I also like the crushing misery of a damp (British) Easter week.

Photo modified to comply with forum rules, on the safe side.

CraftFair.jpg

Easter is almost here.
Found this in my files and was struck by the weird juxtaposition of the craft fair sign and the nailed figure in the foreground. These people really take their craft seriously! I also like the crushing misery of a damp (presumably British) Easter week.

Photo modified to comply with forum rules, on the safe side.

View attachment 988618
It does sort of beg the question of what would have happened in Palestine, if it had been raining that Friday. I mean, would they have slogged out to crucify 3 guys in a drizzle? Possibly not. Never thought of that before.

IT WOULD HAVE BEEN EASIER ON EVERYONE, REALLY. I MEAN, THINK OF US WORKING "PEOPLE" - GOTTA GO IN, DEAL WITH THE DYING PEOPLE ON CROSSES, BUT ONE OF THEM ONLY HAS A THREE-DAY STINT AND GETS A "RETURN" PASS. THAT'S A LOT OF EXTRA WORK. YOU HAVE TO KEEP TRACK OF HIM FOR THE THREE DAYS SO YOU CAN FIND HIM AGAIN TO RETURN HIM. YOU'D THINK HE WAS BARB, OR SOMETHING. MUCH EASIER IF YOU JUST DON'T BOTHER CRUCIFYING THEM AT ALL, IF YOU ASK ME, WHICH NOBODY EVER DOES, OF COURSE. WE COULD ALL RELAX AND EAT HOT CROSS BUNS

CAN YOU IMAGINE THE FUSS IF I LET THE WRONG ONE OF THE THREE COME BACK? HELL TO PAY THERE, I CAN TELL YOU.
easter-skull3.jpg

It does sort of beg the question of what would have happened in Palestine, if it had been raining that Friday. I mean, would they have slogged out to crucify 3 guys in a drizzle? Possibly not. Never thought of that before.

IT WOULD HAVE BEEN EASIER ON EVERYONE, REALLY. I MEAN, THINK OF US WORKING "PEOPLE" - GOTTA GO IN, DEAL WITH THE DYING PEOPLE ON CROSSES, BUT ONE OF THEM ONLY HAS A THREE-DAY STINT AND GETS A "RETURN" PASS. THAT'S A LOT OF EXTRA WORK. YOU HAVE TO KEEP TRACK OF HIM FOR THE THREE DAYS SO YOU CAN FIND HIM AGAIN TO RETURN HIM. YOU'D THINK HE WAS BARB, OR SOMETHING. MUCH EASIER IF YOU JUST DON'T BOTHER CRUCIFYING THEM AT ALL, IF YOU ASK ME, WHICH NOBODY EVER DOES, OF COURSE. WE COULD ALL RELAX AND EAT HOT CROSS BUNS

CAN YOU IMAGINE THE FUSS IF I LET THE WRONG ONE OF THE THREE COME BACK? HELL TO PAY THERE, I CAN TELL YOU.
View attachment 988619
Happy ... ummm.jpg

Just so that you are,aware...
It is considered ILLEGAL to consume,the traditional Easter delicacy, known as Hot Cross Buns. (Honest !!)
A law was passed by the Lord Protector,Oliver Cromwell,(1649-1660) that forbade any fripperies,that had any significant religious status.
He felt it trivialised the suffering,of our Lord Jesus Christ.
(Fuck,he must've been an absolute barrel of laughs,at parties,also banned.) (!!)
And as far as I'm aware,that law has never yet been repealed !!
Just think,all those Bakeries,openly flouting the law !! Lol.

Just so that you are,aware...
It is considered ILLEGAL to consume,the traditional Easter delicacy, known as Hot Cross Buns. (Honest !!)
A law was passed by the Lord Protector,Oliver Cromwell,(1649-1660) that forbade any fripperies,that had any significant religious status.
He felt it trivialised the suffering,of our Lord Jesus Christ.
(Fuck,he must've been an absolute barrel of laughs,at parties,also banned.) (!!)
And as far as I'm aware,that law has never yet been repealed !!
Just think,all those Bakeries,openly flouting the law !! Lol.

And then the period which followed him swung the other way into bawdy excess and conspicuous consumption. Such is the way of repression.

Now, are you ready? The easter bunny is coming
easterCBcpHj9VAAAbYh_.jpg

Then on Friday, a mix up with the paperwork
eastercrucifytherabbi.jpg

easter_holiday_germany.jpg

Translation from German:
Reporter: "Are you pro or against the easter rest days?"
Jesus: "I don't want you to nail me down on this for now."

Today (Maundy Thursday) was supposed to be a one-off rest day in Germany, just to be taken back from the government a short while later. Now we still have to work today. People do not like this. In Germany, we do not make jokes about work. Work is serious.

jesus_game_night.jpg

Translation from German:
Jesus: "Are going to join me for the game night on Sunday?"
Dismas: "Fuck you, Jesus!"

Back
Top Bottom