Messaline In Comics ...

Go to CruxDreams.com
This is a forum about finding the erotic in things that are, in reality, quite terrible.
It would be pretty hypocritical not to also find humor in these things.
View attachment 495039
Messa asked at the opening not to clutter her thread. I have not even done such a good job at respecting her wishes but there are plenty threads of threads to pay on without us respecting her wishes here...

You say you believe that new members would be shocked to find comic treatment of crux, and that it does not belong here. I would respond that it is likely good practice not to clutter a serious discussion with comical posts, or an art thread with comic style stories. However, I do not believe you speak for the majority of members, or even for new members. Newbies may join us or not, at their discretion. They are welcome, but do not dictate what content goes up. I do not decorate my home to please random strangers either.

To say that comic explorations of this topic should not be on the forums at all is extreme. I write comedic stories, in which I treat crux and BDSM subjects humorously. There are other comic threads at CF. Messaline is certainly well within her rights and the established practice at CF to have a comic story thread. There are many threads here that I do not visit, because the topic does not interest me or because I find some things not to my liking. I suggest that if you do not like Messaline's, or anyone else's contributions in a thread, simply do not visit that thread.

Your personal view that crux should be treated seriously is valid and respected. I would not fill one of your serious threads with disrespectful comedy. I agree that would be inappropriate.

Do not, however, presume to tell other members what should be allowable in other threads, just because you don't appreciate it or have a particular sensibility about crux art, and hide that behind some spurious concern for newbies.
Well spoken or better wrote that!

Well, I'm not against comments but try to comment my manips, not the opinion of some fanatic of right'crucifixion ...
And I repeat that , for me, comics dont want to say "teasing" or "joking" , but "bandes dessinées" (cartoons ?): so, in my view of the things, rather serious and perilous situations for Messa , situations which are fully inserted in my deep/dark fantasy ... ;)

:doh:I forgot these ones ... But they could occupy your Sunday ...:D

7.jpg ... no special comment ...:)

8.jpg ... The dear Marquis of course !:rolleyes:

9.jpg ... Mmmmmm ! :eek::eek::eek: red irons !!!

10.jpg ... if Messa cant take her quota of work, she will be harshly whipped !:D

Indeed

Fox you have made an interesting, dare I provocative claim that seems wanting only in evidence to support it. I really rather doubt that people would be surprised to find that yes, indeed everything in the entire expanse of human existence can inspire comedy or comics or even comical comics. Humour is the bane of tyrants and a guardian of liberty that started on its task long before guns and the internet.

As for the comic as a medium of expression well that too has a long and dare I say proud history. It has captivated, amused, aroused, inspired and motived many across the generations, it has posed the most difficult questions and yes has challenged the mighty in their bastions. It has given hope and succour to the underdog, the also ran, the ordinary and the hero alike.

So where I ask is this evidence of either shock or departure? It is a frequent mistake, which we all make, to equate one's own minority view with the majority. However yours does seem to be a particularly minority stance with an exceptionally low substation from objective data. I can at least point to the supportive stance of, so far, all but one respondent in this thread...not a huge sample by any means but infinitely greater than the evidence presented to the contrary.
One point, 'comics' in the English-speaking world, even if they are not 'comical',
and/or published for children, are generally perceived as 'down-market',
not taken seriously as literature. Bandes desinées have a different status in the Francophone world,
they are often of a high standard as art and literature, and are read as such.

Bandes desinées have a different status in the Francophone world,
They would be more akin to graphic novels, it sounds to me. Comical story series, like Tintin or Asterix, which have been available in English for decades, would come out of the bandes dessinées tradition, and have been sold in bookstores, rather than comic stores, for years.

One point, 'comics' in the English-speaking world, even if they are not 'comical',
and/or published for children, are generally perceived as 'down-market',
not taken seriously as literature. Bandes desinées have a different status in the Francophone world,

I just came upon this thread.

I think what you said Eul was true at one time, but is not so today. There are many graphic novels in English that are highly regarded. One example is Maus, by Art Spiegleman, about his father's experiences as a Holocaust survivor. It has won many awards and is taught in many schools and universities in the US. Roz Chast, who writes in The New Yorker has received many awards for her recent book about her parents' descent into Alzheimers. Obviously, these are serious topics.

Another graphic novelist who is highly regarded is Alison Bechdel. Messaline may know her-her best known book is Dykes to Watch Out For

I just came upon this thread.

I think what you said Eul was true at one time, but is not so today. There are many graphic novels in English that are highly regarded. One example is Maus, by Art Spiegleman, about his father's experiences as a Holocaust survivor. It has won many awards and is taught in many schools and universities in the US. Roz Chast, who writes in The New Yorker has received many awards for her recent book about her parents' descent into Alzheimers. Obviously, these are serious topics.

Another graphic novelist who is highly regarded is Alison Bechdel. Messaline may know her-her best known book is Dykes to Watch Out For
Quite true, and that's not even mentioning heavy hitters like Neil Gaiman and his Sandman series, which is treated almost as "literature", or Aronson's "Noah" which was adapted into a movie. However, those authors would still rather see their work as graphic novels, and not "comics" per se, even given that they use the comics format. In that sense, I think Eul's definitions still hold, to a large extent.

Well, let those "explanations " about comics there , I didn't open this thread for that ...

Messaline is not always suffering in comics: sometimes, she likes to got "exotic" pleasures : notice these wonderful chinese dildos with their nice pompoms !

13.jpg
PS : I do thanks Velut Luna who made this Messa for me by the past and who was too much quickly getting out ! She's missing to me ...
I think that Eul will apreciate ...
MessalineC.jpg:bdsm-heart:

Last edited:
Indeed, Messa is present in many comics ;)

Attachments

• IMG015.jpg
    IMG015.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 229
When this comic will be finished, perhpas it will be posted here , but when and mainly will it be, a day ?
I'm always waiting for more ...:rolleyes:
It will continue, once I have some real world overdues out of the way, some comissions done, the story rewritten (once again) and even more important some lingering questions around the new digital production (get rid of the sterile look, make it look like the handdrawn pannels) out of the way.
It hasn't been on a high priority lately.
And it will continue where it currently is hosted... :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom