Problem With Images

Go to CruxDreams.com
The thumbnails are no longer displayed and other question
Hello
Most of the thumbnails are no longer displayed. Is it so for everyone ? Server pb ? Or is the pb on my side ? Cf. Screenshot below
Annotation 2020-05-01 050226.png
Other question : when will the site pass to https ?
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello
Most of the thumbnails are no longer displayed. Is it so for everyone ? Server pb ? Or is the pb on my side ? Cf. Screenshot below

View attachment 856442

Other question : when will the site pass to https ?
Thanks

The thumbnails succumbed to COVID-19. This is part of the New Normal.
Go to http://www.cruxforums.com/xf/threads/how-to-help-the-forum.8078/#post-524459 and learn how to post images the new way. It's a bit more work, but it eases the weight on the bandwidth for the Forums site.
And remember to stay at least 6 inches from any old thumbnails that may be infected!

The thumbnails succumbed to COVID-19. This is part of the New Normal.
Go to http://www.cruxforums.com/xf/threads/how-to-help-the-forum.8078/#post-524459 and learn how to post images the new way. It's a bit more work, but it eases the weight on the bandwidth for the Forums site.
And remember to stay at least 6 inches from any old thumbnails that may be infected!
lol
Thanks
I know what a host (hébergeur) is and I understand the idea
With this method, it's no longer possible to publish a group of pictures (10 by 10) : they are published one by one (uploading one by onee and copy-paste the links one by one) and it's terribly long !
I copy this answer to Melissa's topic

On a side note, I've been unable to log into the site since yesterday morning. It's only just now, in the last few minutes that I've been able to access it again. Since yesterday morning it was throwing an error page with a lot of message text every time I clicked the login button. Not sure if this is related to the other problems or if something else has broken as well.

On a side note, I've been unable to log into the site since yesterday morning. It's only just now, in the last few minutes that I've been able to access it again. Since yesterday morning it was throwing an error page with a lot of message text every time I clicked the login button. Not sure if this is related to the other problems or if something else has broken as well.
I saw this today a few times. But I made no screenshot. Let us wait a bit further for good running a gain the Forum. I will not posting images or files before it's solved.

I saw this today a few times. But I made no screenshot. Let us wait a bit further for good running a gain the Forum. I will not posting images or files before it's solved.
I've also been having a lot of problems replying to threads today - I've tried to post (text only) replies to a few threads and the reply box comes up blank and won't let me type anything and when I can type something, posting it doesn't always work. I really hope they can get this fixed because the site is becoming unusable at the moment :(

Damn, not only the old posts are lacking some thumbnails but some avatars are missing too! It's rather upsetting!
I haven't seen any avatars showing up for almost a week now,but that's not the biggest issue. The thing that's really crippling the site's usablility is the lack of thumbnails in the threads. Sometimes you can kind of get it to work by refreshing the page, but not always, and doing this only restores a handful of thumbnails at best. As long as you can see one, you can click on it then you get the ability to scroll through the posted images using the arrow keys. Trouble is, that uses more bandwidth on the server than browsing thumbnails and just clicking the ones that interest you - now we are forced to browse full-size images which is not only slower but much less efficient from the point of view of the hosting provider. Not only that, but this feature doesn't always work either. If you don't see any thumbnails at all on a particular page, then you have to click the image link, but this just opens the full-size image in a new tab, and you can't browse from there - you have to close the tab and click on the next one, which is even less bandwidth-efficient than scrolling through the pictures with the arrow keys, and so incredibly annoying and time-consuming that for the most part I don't bother doing it at all :(

For hours no access to the site. Then it worked, but with a lot of thumbnails and avatars invisible. Are we ourself only admitted in a limited way, like in the stores?

The box to write a post was blank. Yet it worked with a detour : click reply to a previous post. I came on a separate page, but I could write a normal text in the box, then I deleted the reply text itself and posted mine.
This post was done by the normal way.

The box to write a post was blank. Yet it worked with a detour : click reply to a previous post. I came on a separate page, but I could write a normal text in the box, then I deleted the reply text itself and posted mine.
This post was done by the normal way.

Yeah that's exactly what I was getting earlier (after not being able to log in for nearly 24 hours), but I think you explained it better

These problems are pretty certainly dues to limits on site usage
necessitated by the financial crisis ImageMaker has asked us to help solve;

The good news is, thanks to lots of generous support, things should get better,
but it's a reminder that the site we enjoy for free costs money,
and if we're to go on enjoying it, continued support will be needed.

These problems are pretty certainly dues to limits on site usage
necessitated by the financial crisis ImageMaker has asked us to help solve;

The good news is, thanks to lots of generous support, things should get better,
but it's a reminder that the site we enjoy for free costs money,
and if we're to go on enjoying it, continued support will be needed.

Since one of the things I do professionally is manage data another way to control costs (which is mostly related to the amount of data in storage) is to set the site so that a post and related material auto-deletes after "X".

This site has been active for quite sometime, realistically are any of the old members going back and looking at materiel more than say 18 months old? And new members who join tomorrow wouldn't even have known that material existed so they couldn't possible "miss it".

It is a decision made by businesses everyday maybe we should consider doing the same. Never get emotionally attached to your data.

kisses

willowfall

Let's say that's been considered. As I understand it, the huge backlog of stuff here isn't the problem, or no more than a small part of it, the costs are incurred by 'current traffic', the amount and size of stuff being uploaded during the charge period.

Back
Top Bottom