Self Crucifixion

Go to CruxDreams.com
... you could buy an 8' or 10' 2x6 and lean it against a ceiling joist to simulate the stipes and feel the wood against your back and legs. ...
Yeah that's kinda what I was thinking already. ;)

Would be easier if I had someone to help me. Safer too of course. Plenty of forest near home to try it outdoors too and it's not hunting season yet!

You didn't say how you fastened your wrists... just make sure you can get loose!

You didn't say how you fastened your wrists... just make sure you can get loose!
Ah I wrapped a pair of those camping straps around the 4x6's. It worked well enough that I was able to hang a couple of inches off the ground. But it they were still too loose, it didn't take long before I could grasp the strap with my thumb due to the angle. Thoughts? I know I can't cinch the strap or rope if I was to use rope. Thinking I might just try wrapping a bunch of rope around the beam next time.

Wrap your wrists with a bandage or strips of cloth and then snug up the straps around them and just screw in some sturdy hooks. Then you just slide the straps over the hooks. ;)

Actually I did that the third time. Those beams are not finished and the straps were digging a but too much, the wood was a bit to scratchy when pushing my hands through the straps. Helped a bit but I think it was a but had a hard time getting the straps just right on the wrapping.

Actually I did that the third time. Those beams are not finished and the straps were digging a but too much, the wood was a bit to scratchy when pushing my hands through the straps. Helped a bit but I think it was a but had a hard time getting the straps just right on the wrapping.
Nobody said it was easy ... Or comfy!
But it does take a lot a trial and error.
Good Luck.

Last edited:
For Barbaria1, my first Follower.

My Life with the Cross

Even as a child I was fascinated with painting Christ on the cross. Long time I looked at pictures in books and old postcards.
However, I am not a Christian. I do not think so. I'm an atheist.
But the images never let go of me.

Hanging on the cross

I have tested it. It is not for me. The pain is too strong for me. Or I'm too weak. Could be. Anyway, I do not necessarily want to die on the cross or suffer long. Then the fear of pinch-off, dying hands or feet. That must not be.
I admire the Makar-girl for her ability to suffer.
But I'm alone, I have to make sure to get free. It is me has always succeeded.

Standing on the Cross

I love to stand at the cross. It's crazy, but even though shackled, bound to the cross, fixed to the place, I feel here peace and freedom. Feel freedom, although totally unfree. This is paradoxical. Finally time to think about whatever.
In my garden I have a hidden corner with a cross. A 3 meter bar, sunk 80 cm in the soil, a crossbeam (patibulum) 2 meters above it fixed. A T-intersection.
I only tie often with time locks on the wood. Sure is my ice-time lock. PET bottles with frozen chains. At 28 degrees Celsius I have about 2 hours standing at 23 degrees Celsius for 3 hours.
That is, stand, wait and wait. Time to think.
The first kick is knowing that you have to endure, only when the footrest is pushed away. And then you do it.
Helpless is obtained if the Document stand Foot rest is just pushed to get away without possibility to reach the carabiner. There is no other option but to wait until the ice melts and the chains are free.
Just standing there naked. What else can not do. No chance to get free ahead of time.
I especially feel it, make me fast before a downpour or thunderstorm. It is cool, that's right. But you feel a part of nature, as part of the world. The rain comes and goes. Or the twilight falls. One imagines in daylight to the cross and is released only when it is dark.
After hours, the relief when the first arm is released.
Done! I've managed to hold them down.

And then sometimes comes the regret that I enjoy alone. No one who looks at me looks like there naked stand.

Well, you can not have everything.

the same story now in German

Mein Leben mit dem Kreuz

Als Kind schon faszinierten mich Gemälde mit Christus am Kreuz. Lange schaute ich mir damals Bilder in Büchern oder alte Postkarten an.
Jedoch, ich bin kein Christ. Ich glaube nicht. Ich bin ein Atheist.
Aber die Bilder ließen mich nie los.

Hängen am Kreuz

Ich habe es getestet. Es ist nichts für mich. Die Schmerzen sind zu stark für mich. Oder ich bin zu schwach. Mag sein. Jedenfalls will ich nicht unbedingt am Kreuz sterben oder lange leiden. Dann die Angst vor abgeschnürten, absterbenden Händen oder Füßen. Das muss nicht sein.
Ich bewundere die Makar-Mädchen für ihre Leidensfähigkeit.
Aber ich bin allein, ich muss dafür sorgen, frei zu kommen. Es ist mir bisher immer gelungen.

Stehen am Kreuz

Ich liebe es, am Kreuz zu stehen. Es ist verrückt, aber obwohl gefesselt, an das Kreuz gebunden, an den Ort fixiert, fühle ich hier Ruhe und Freiheit. Freiheit fühlen, obwohl total unfrei. Das ist paradox. Endlich Zeit zum Nachdenken, über was auch immer.
In meinem Garten habe ich eine versteckte Ecke mit einem Kreuz. Ein 3 Meter Balken, 80 cm im Boden versenkt, ein Querbalken (Patibulum) 2 Meter oben drauf befestigt. Ein T-Kreuz.
Ich fessele mich oft mit Zeitschlössern an das Holz. Sicher ist mein Eis-Zeitschloss. PET-Flaschen mit eingefrorenen Ketten. Bei 28 Grad Celsius muss ich etwa 2 Stunden stehen, bei 23 Grad Celsius 3 Stunden.
Das heißt, stehen, warten und warten. Zeit zum Nachdenken.
Der erste Kick ist, zu wissen, dass man ausharren muss, wenn erst die Fußstütze weg gestoßen ist. Und dann tut man es.
Hilflos steht man, wenn die Fußstüze erst mal weg gestoßen ist, ohne Möglichkeit, die Karabinerhaken zu erreichen. Es bleibt keine andere Möglichkeit, als zu warten, bis das Eis schmilzt und die Ketten frei gibt.
Nur nackt da stehen. Was anderes kann man nicht tun. Keine Chance, vor der Zeit frei zu kommen.
Besonders schön empfinde ich es, mich vor einem Regenguß oder Gewitter fest zu machen. Es wird kühl, das stimmt. Aber man fühlt sich als Teil der Natur, als Teil der Welt. Der Regen kommt und geht. Oder die Dämmerung bricht herein. Man stellt sich bei Tageslicht ans Kreuz und kommt erst frei, wenn es dunkel ist.
Nach Stunden, die Erleichterung, wenn der erste Arm frei gegeben wird.
Geschafft! Ich habe es geschafft, ausgehalten.

Und dann kommt manchmal das Bedauern, dass ich das nur allein genieße. Niemand der mich ansieht, schaut wie nackt da stehe.

Nun ja, man kann nicht alles haben.

Last edited by a moderator:
An example from today

This is "my cross".

The time lock, with binding trick ..

A time lock on patibulum (left).

Right side with screw.

The slip is to prevent the lock time.
Law with attached time lock.

Hands with ankle and snap hook.

Attachments

• 2014-0916-174036.jpg
    2014-0916-174036.jpg
    516.2 KB · Views: 288
  • 2014-0916-174110.jpg
    2014-0916-174110.jpg
    508.9 KB · Views: 217
  • 2014-0916-174306.jpg
    2014-0916-174306.jpg
    364.7 KB · Views: 232
  • 2014-0916-175020.jpg
    2014-0916-175020.jpg
    288 KB · Views: 178
  • 2014-0916-174924.jpg
    2014-0916-174924.jpg
    261.7 KB · Views: 156
  • 2014-0916-174454.jpg
    2014-0916-174454.jpg
    271.5 KB · Views: 154
  • 2014-0916-174604.jpg
    2014-0916-174604.jpg
    219.8 KB · Views: 166
  • 2014-0916-175332.jpg
    2014-0916-175332.jpg
    254.7 KB · Views: 183
2014-0916-174648.jpg
Podium. The parts are pushed away. Far away, out of reach.

2014-0916-180134.jpg2014-0916-180146.jpg
Right hand made fixed. The same passier same with the left. But I could not take pictures. It was 18.01 clock.

2014-0916-195352.jpg2014-0916-195448.jpg
19:53 clock, the first chain was released and I therefore.
The second bottle with tighter chain.

2014-0916-195424.jpg
The kicked/moves footrests. Standing on the floor, the snap hook can not reach. I had to stand on the cross, until dark. I love the smooth wood against my back.

It was warm weather today. However, the season is nearly over. The colder the longer you have to stand. You caught a cold then. That must not be. I think I'll do it again until late spring.

Attachments

• 2014-0916-195448.jpg
    2014-0916-195448.jpg
    415.3 KB · Views: 156
  • 2014-0916-174648.jpg
    2014-0916-174648.jpg
    428 KB · Views: 152
  • 2014-0916-180134.jpg
    2014-0916-180134.jpg
    197.6 KB · Views: 152
  • 2014-0916-180146.jpg
    2014-0916-180146.jpg
    244.9 KB · Views: 177
Ein Beispiel vom heutigen Tag

Das ist "mein Kreuz".

Das Zeitschloss, mit Bindestrick..

Ein Zeitschloss am Patibulum (links).

Rechte Seite mit Schraube. Die soll ein verrutschen des Zeitschlosses verhindern.

Rechts mit angebrachtem Zeitschloss.

Hände mit Fessel und Karabinerhaken.

Podest. Die Teile werden weggestoßen. Weit weg, außer Reichweite.

Rechte Hand fest gemacht. Das gleiche passier gleich mit der linken. Das konnte ich aber nicht mehr fotografieren. Es war 18.01 Uhr.

19:53 Uhr, die erste Kette kam frei und ich damit auch.
Die zweite Flasche mit noch fester Kette.

Die weggestoßenen Fußstützen. Auf dem Boden stehend, lassen sich die Karabinerhaken nicht erreichen. Ich musste am Kreuz stehen, bis in die Dunkelheit. Ich liebe das glatte Holz an meinem Rücken.

Es war heute warmes Wetter. Jedoch, die Saison ist nahezu vorbei. Je kälter, je länger muss man stehen. Man erkältet sich dann. Das muss nicht sein. Ich denke, ich mache es erst wieder im Spätfrühling.

remarkable, ingenious, and nicely illustrated thanks Madiosi.

Any others with "how to" pictures?

I'll have to put something together when the warm weather returns around here :)

An example from today

The time lock, with binding trick ..

A time lock on patibulum (left).

The slip is to prevent the lock time.
Law with attached time lock.

Hands with ankle and snap hook.
Exceptional work, madiosi - please tell us more about the time lock and how it works!

remarkable, ingenious, and nicely illustrated thanks Madiosi.

Any others with "how to" pictures?

I'll have to put something together when the warm weather returns around here :)
I may have a few "DIY" images to share for those of us with more limited time and resources.
Great work by madiosi! I also encourage others to share ideas and pics..

A couple of years ago I posted some images & how I self cruxed in a safe way on Cruxfoundation, I have lost the images now I'm afraid. It is a similar way to how Madiosi hangs by his wrists, but I don't use a snap hook, just strong vertical steel spikes sticking up above the crossbeam as near to the front as possible, I slip rope that I bind round each wrist over the steel bars, which are slightly rounded to make this easier. It is simple & easy to self release from these by just lifting the arms up.

I have taken some screenshots from a couple of my home movies in which this method is visible. The first one is the cross itself followed by a couple of images with me hanging from the spikes.

There is another view of the cross showing the patibulum spikes & also a horizontal bar that is strong enough to stand on. I can also hook rope I bind round my feet or ankles over this to feel more 'fixed'.

lastly I show the sedile, which is just a rough piece of wood with a steel bar inside that goes into the stipes beam. This I sit astride to prolong the experience.

Attachments

• Cross.jpg
    Cross.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 343
  • Hanging peg 1.jpg
    Hanging peg 1.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 372
  • Hanging peg 2.png
    Hanging peg 2.png
    569.5 KB · Views: 386
  • Cross 2.jpg
    Cross 2.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 365
  • Self cruxing.png
    Self cruxing.png
    365.9 KB · Views: 434
Great shots must have been agony and ecstasy I would like to be put like that and the flogging too

The 'flogging' is fake blood, done for the home movie.

Actually doing the movies is a very different activity to self-cruxing, there is no sliding off into a fantasy as in a self crux where a real self-flogging is often part of the enactment. With that everything hurts, I'm hot & desperately uncomfortable, I feel disorientated, my joints ache, my wrists burn from the ropes, below me is an imaginary hostile crowd, my bladder fills & I fight the indignity of pissing, I have the humiliation of involuntary erections; the experience is very powerful.

With the movie-making it's just a scramble of logical activity, there is so much to set up, planned shots, moving the camera around, checking the viewpoint & setting it going, rushing into position etc etc. there is no escaping into anything in the imagination.

The editing later is fun.

Back
Top Bottom