Сrucifix Art By Markus

Go to CruxDreams.com
I never meant that those two pics should be censored, I am certainly not in favour of that.
I was just aiming to find out what other crux fans thought of those pics.
As I rather expected - some like and some don't. But most are not in favour of censorship by any means.
I apologise for being provocative and am not offended by any of the comments.
If I don't like some thing - then I only look at it once and don't save it to my hard drive.
I agree that, whilst the drawings may lack finesse, they do capture expressions very well. For that reason I did save the other pics in this story and have viewed them again.

You weren't in the slightest bit provocative. You were simply expressing your opinion...nothing wrong with that. We want people to share their views that's why this site has Forum in its name.

Tolerance
_____
Tolerance, where are you?
Understanding between people?
I'm lost!
I dont understand...
Is it only words?
My tears are fallen down
on these
forgotten words...
Messaline...perhaps naive?

That really is a beautiful little poem Messaline. I could never aspire to write such words. I'm sorry however that quite often misunderstandings are not simply the result of the use of words alone but the fixed attitudes of the people writing those words. I can assure you that as far as the moderators are concerned we are as tolerant as possible and do hate it when members argue rather than discuss.....and believe me you are not naive.

Thanks Melissa! It was not really a "poem"; when something hurt me, I'm so sensitive that the words are filling my head and I must say them...
I'm so full of love that I'ld want to give it to others and I'ld want also that people
could understand themselves...W're a little minority: be united:)

Thanks Melissa! It was not really a "poem"; when something hurt me, I'm so sensitive that the words are filling my head and I must say them...
I'm so full of love that I'ld want to give it to others and I'ld want also that people
could understand themselves...W're a little minority: be united:)
glad y're one of us with all your love and feelings

I'ld want also that peoplecould understand themselves...:)
Gnothi Seauton (2).jpg
"Know Thyself!"​
So true, Messa. In a strange way, Crux Forums has helped me to do just that!​
And also, as my local bard put it,​
O wad some Power the giftie gie us
To see oursels as ithers see us!
It wad frae monie a blunder free us
An foolish notion
O would some Power the grace
give us
to see ourselves as others see us -
it would from many a blunder free us
and foolish notion...'

Yes, no-one's suggested that Markus's pics should be censored, or that they're unacceptable, some have said they liked them, some they didn't, and that's just the kind of debate that should be going on. But a personal spat between two individuals over who said what and what they meant is of no interest to the rest of us and is best conducted (if at all) in private.

If I don't like a picture, I may offer an opinion as to why. But if its just that I don't like the topic, I'll move onto the next thread knowing others might. I don't think Markus has posted here so someone liked his work enough to post it and I'm sure some folks like all his stuff.

Live and let live...

Or crucify them and post the pictures...

T

Hi THT.
I have always liked your style...so much that I may even tell you a little story that may even appeal to Eulalia. Last week we visited an old friend in our local NHS hospital. She was in for possible gall stone problems. We were enjoying the visit and chatting with other patients when Jules said "What is that mumbling and rambling which seems to be coming from next door?" I listened carefully above the chatter but could only make out vague Scottish accents and lots of moaning. I put my ear to the wall and could clearly hear people in distress talking about a little mouse disturbed in a field? and over and over again "O wad some Power the giftie gie us..."? These people sounded in real pain so I pressed the bell for a staff nurse to come. I asked her who the unfortunate people were in the adjoining ward and about their very strange mutterings. She replied "Don't worry madam..that's the Burns Unit"

I'm not sure if the water is chilly or hot but it is definitely time to dive.

All artists (no matter what the medium) need to hear honest critique in order to improve their work or to appeal to a wider audience.

Critique as opposed to criticism and there is a difference.

Now "I don't like the work because ........" is valid critique. You are telling the artist that you don't like the work and you are giving you reason.

Criticism is just statements like "You stink".

We should allow critique even if we don't agree with it and instead of pouncing on the critiquer you should provide a counter critique.

For example I find markus' skill with a pen very good and he has a creative if somewhat twisted mind (don't we all).

I do find he goes over the top in developing new ways to inflict pain on overly (and yes that is a pair of size "Bs" speaking) chesty women. I also look at many of the pictures and say "Geez, I'd be long dead before they got to that stage."

All that being said I look at his talent and realize he could do marvelous drawings with in the parameters of what I'd like to see. He has a great deal of talent.

No matter what the critque markus has to then take it like an adult and internalize it. So in his case he may have to step back and say "Am I over doing it? Should I tone it down?"

Now if there were a profitable market for his works that would push the issue one way or another (although there is a lot of crap out getting bought as "art"). However there isn't. Markus draws for himself and friends and shares with us, so he has the right to say "I'm going to continue to mutilate big-titted girls and that is the end of the conversation".

That is his right and if you don't want to review his work don't open the thread.

On the converse side, if an artist wants to throw their work out they had better to be willing to accept all comments like an adult and not get petulant or defensive. If you want universal adoration and undying approval of what you do, do it in front of dogs. What's the old saying, "I wish I was half the person my dog thinks I am."

kisses

willowfall

"I wish I was half the person my dog thinks I am."
I wish my cat would think anythihg about me other than when she's hungry...

Willow brings some good points. As an 'artist' and 'writer' I am often conficted between what would people like and how do I want this story to go. A family member who makes her living with her art, both in what she produces and by teaching, had many discussions about why her art wouldn't sell. I'd debate her asking if she is producing art for her own satisfaction or to be marketable because, while I would love to paint like she can I wouldn't have bought her early works.

I also wouldn't have bought a Van Gogh when he was painting his stuff (but if I lived then and could have my decendents would be digging up my bones and burning them)

So it does go back to a critique and criticism. The worst criticism is no comments at all followed the 'you stink'.

But again sometimes the best solution is just to go on to the next thread. When I posted "Ides of March" I certainly wanted some response. So you can't complain when Willowfall is hammering large objects up your butt and cutting your genitals off. You may not enjoy it...;)

Tree

I think we need to distinguish between technical skills and art.

I do not like read a story full of typos. That is annoying me and I feel fucked. I do not like read a story with missing formating, that tires out my eyes. Thats what I call "missing skills". In this subject it is possible to judge.
The same goes with pictures. Bad lights, missing shadows, joints that bend incorrect, clothes which do not fit, poke-throughs etc etc I am calling missing skills. I can pick them up and name them.

If it comes to art, things get much more difficult. I very like van Gogh or Savatore Dali, I do not like Picasso. Why? I cannot name it, it is on my personal taste. It is on the eyes of the beholder.

I very like drawings by Serpieri or Louis Royo. I do not like Akira or Cagri. Either their subjects, plots appeal to me or I get bored or disgusted.
Of course I have my own opinion about art, but I cant give reasons for.

But I think there is high quality art and lousy art. Taking 20 photo shots (yes, photographing is art too) from a crucified woman bores me. Thats like taking photo shots on holiday. This is crap.
Unfortunately on Inet crap rules because every idiot thinks he is a second van Gogh, when he could operate the first buttons of his pirated copy of Photoshop.

You need "The Eye". You have to catch the "special". You have to make your art somehow "special", unique, outstanding. Art should have a "Thrill", making to say you "AH"!
Creating art requires talent and - a lot of exercises.

In my opinion it is not possible to judge about art. Everybody does see art in difefrent ways - with the eyes of the beholder.

So, we should be happy, when Markus goes on paintig big breasted mutilated women. It is his way of art.

Now this one I do like a lot.

Me too.​
In a few skillful strokes he's captured heart-pounding tension, mixed with thrilled anticipation,​
so well we hardly even need the speech-bubbles,​
those girls are wet, wet, wet with fear - and excited anticipation - in every possible way,​
and I can feel it.​
When he or other artists get on to the gory portrayals of what the victims go through,​
I'm not squeamish about them and certainly wouldn't want to ban them,​
but they don't excite me in the way the hints and threats do.​

I asked her who the unfortunate people were in the adjoining ward and about their very strange mutterings. She replied "Don't worry madam..that's the Burns Unit"
Och a ken that tale Melissa, but ye tellt it weel !​
By coincidence, I've been puzzling over a crossword clue today -​
'Burns unit in short-term self-employment' (5 letters)​
It's in a literary mag, so pretty surely alludes to the Immortal Bard,​
but I haven't cracked it.​

When you get the solution do let us know!!
Got it! As often, I woke up with it in the morning.​
MO (moment, short-term) + U (unit) + SE (self-employed)​
:rolleyes:
Hey, let's get back to Crucifix Art!​

I'm not squeamish about them and certainly wouldn't want to ban them,​
but they don't excite me in the way the hints and threats do.​
That quote expresses my feeling about Markus' picture story exactly. The last pic in the sequence that I did save, was the one immediately before the breast slicing. The torturers are seen holding knives in a threatening position, just below the girl's breasts, which says it all. We know what is about to happen, not necessary to show it, at least not for me.
A girl with breasts cut off is ugly, the anticipation is beautiful.
The breaking of Sybil's 26.jpg legs was also, in my view, unecessary. I mean to airbrush it from my copy. Also it doesn't seem to me to fit that part of the story. The legs were broken, as I understand, to hasten death. The warlord and his hencemen said that they wanted the girls to last a long time.

Back
Top Bottom