Stories From The Colonies

Go to CruxDreams.com
I'm a real sucker for this kind of alternate history. To be honest, it's no less plausible than what actually happened, which was that Cortes, with an army of around 500 conquistadores, defeated an Empire of at least 5 Million people, whose capital Tenochtitlan, on the site of today's Mexico City, was larger than any city in Europe at the time.

The scenario, though, downplays one major factor-infectious disease. Despite the brutal killings of Native Americans by Europeans, the major cause of their demise was infectious diseases-especially smallpox and typhus, to which they lacked immunity. The early explorers often brought some natives back to Europe to show them to their royal sponsors and most sickened and died quickly. So an Aztec or Mayan conquest of Europe would have likely been stymied by viruses and bacteria.:eek:

Come on, Loxuru, crucifixion is hardly the type of punishment a civilised Empire would use.

No, the offender will willingly offer up his still-beating heart to the Gods, else the torture continues.
In that case, I still prefer the Roman style civilised punishments.:confused:

IA A Brief History of the Empire
No empire that fears the cold!;)

The scenario, though, downplays one major factor-infectious disease.

As a retired scientist in the relevant field, I know that.

But this is ART. My imagination has let rip. Just because Europeans didn't succumb to American pathogens is a quirk of evolution.

So unless you're pure-bred native american, windar, your family and mine are either slaves or serfs under military rule, so get used to it!

So unless you're pure-bred native american, windar, your family and mine are either slaves or serfs under military rule, so get used to it!
Perhaps cheerfully Pp doesn't exist within this world order. His faint trace of German ancestory would never have made it to England with Georg Ludwig and the quarter from County Cork would never have skippered coastguard cutters in Cornwall nor officered English warships.

Would Chinese exploration of Asia, eastern Africa and the south Pacific under Admiral Zheng He have gone further had not Zheng's great supporter, the Emperor Zhu Di, been overthrown by his son Zhu Gaozhi, who reversed his father's expansionist program and, on return of the fleet, ordered that no more voyages be undertaken?

There is considerable evidence to support claims that Zheng's vice-admirals, Hong Bao and Zhou Man, beat Cook to Terra Australis by almost 350 years. The two men, both eunuchs (as was the custom for captains), arrived in Australia in 1422 - Hong on the west coast, Zhou on the east - and spent several months exploring, landing in several places.

It would be interesting to pontificate on whether the Chinese, like so many imperial nations before them, would have been able to maintain a far-flung empire while still building walls at home to protect against marauding Mongols.

Pp looks forward to reading more of this very different world.

It sounds as if they lived on a diet of baked beans and popcorn, washed down with good wine! :p

Splendid scenario OS, maybe it will come to pass
(well, at least the bit about the Nordland Federation ;))

In every fiction is an ember of fact eul. A great great great grandfather was transported in 1827 after being convicted of the heinous crime of stealing laundry (still wet mind) from a clothes line :devil:.
I won't be so impertinent as to enquire what garments he liberated from that line :p

I won't be so impertinent as to enquire what garments he liberated from that line :p
Very mundane bed linen. Or so the records show. No history of snow droppers in Pp's family tree eul :D and Pp prefers to remove undergarments from the woman herself with a more personal touch :devil: rather than purloin them from the washing line.

Would Chinese exploration of Asia, eastern Africa and the south Pacific under Admiral Zheng He have gone further had not Zheng's great supporter, the Emperor Zhu Di, been overthrown by his son Zhu Gaozhi, who reversed his father's expansionist program and, on return of the fleet, ordered that no more voyages be undertaken?

I had hazy knowledge that something like this happened, so it was a toss-up whether India or China would manage to colonise. I figured China, with it's disciplined civil service, would have the edge. I think senior civil servants were also eunuchs, have you heard that?

I was also aware China traded for a while directly with Africa, but decided to let the Moslem world take it over. I don't like refering to nations by their religion alone, but is there another word to describe that region from the Silk Road southwards which was so advanced with the sciences, medicine, arts etc? 'Arab' is too limiting I think.

II Her Discipliners

The afternoon and evening were indeed long for Geraldine, with a constant line of tourists who’d paid to gawp at her, paid extortionate amounts of money for tomatoes to throw at her, and who jabbered away in their languages, trying to get selfies of themselves and her. She was glad the tomatoes were well rotted, they were very soft when they hit her tits and pussy, which were the main aiming points, Empire tourists preferring the tits, Chinese and Black-skins the pussy. Not many bothered with her back, but those in her hair soon made it wet, sticky and heavy.

At last the line stopped, and Geraldine shivered as the wet fruit clung to her body. Ruth and Mother Vera came down with the keys, and let themselves into the cell. First they gave Geraldine a drink, then some of the food Ruth had brought with them.

“Can’t you release me for a bit, Mother?” asked Geraldine.

“No, it’s written that Jesua suffered the night before her crucifixion, so we have to keep it real,” replied Mother Vera, “and before you ask, we can’t clean you up either, the tomato juice and skin represent the blood of Jesua after her scourging, that’s very important for the performance.”

Ruth stayed with her daughter for another couple of hours, till she saw that Geraldine’s eyes were beginning to close. She doubted the young girl would get any proper sleep, but it all gave a better show if the condemned looked half-dead already.

“Good morning, darling,” said Xoplis, while his wife sucked enthusiastically at his morning hard-on. Xoplis lay still, quite content that the love of his life could prolong the pleasure then give him exquisite relief.

“What’s the plan then, dear?” asked Talaka, after Xoplis had repaid the favour in the shower.

“We watch them tie a beam-thingy to the girl, then she has to carry it up the hill. We’re allowed to help her if we like, it’ll be fun.”

“All the way up that fucking great hill? You must be joking!”

Xoplis knew his wife, and so knew that reason wouldn’t work. It was important that she was at the top, though, since he’d bought her a surprise up there.

“No problem, we’ll see the start, then drive up, watch them nail her.”

“Nail! You mean……………..Oh, my Gods of Suffering.”

“Yes, it should be quite a show.”

“Come on then, let’s rush breakfast, I’m starving. But that thought’s made me horny. Have we got time…..”

“NO.”

“Look at the dirty slut, standing in her own filth. How many cunts did you lick to get first place, eh Leeds?”

“More like how many arses did she lick.”

“No girls, you’ve got it all wrong, I didn’t really try to be Jesua,” Geraldine tried to explain.

“Shut the fuck up, Leeds trash, we’re in fucking charge now. Gag her, I can’t stand her voice.”

The Twelve Discipliners of Jesua entered the cell, all dressed in boots and short brown uniforms with the name of their village sewn above the breasts. After some years when the Discipliners had been soft on the Jesua, they gave the task to the runners-up, who the current Jesua had beaten for the honour. So there was no love lost, if anything the girls competed to see who could be the most catty and cruel.

The leader, the Discipliner from Bradford who had come second in the poll, and suspected a fix, picked up a handful of tomato mush from the floor, now mixed with some urine, and squeezed it up Geraldine’s vagina.

“Let’s make it nice and moist for what’s to come. Though it’s probably wasted on a whore like you.”

tbc

I really like your conclusion from this, Eulalia. Part 2 is set in France, and I'll have a hell of a job getting that image of a dining-table out of my head as I write.
I can give you a checklist, OS (also useful for New Year's Eve).:D
Ackerman or Veuve Amiot (both recommended by Messaline)
Bouillabaise
Salade Nicoise
Du pin et du Boursin
Camembert
Escargots de Bourgogne
Beaujolais
Champignons de Paris
Bêtises de Cambrai
Montbazillac
Tarte Tatin
Pruneaux d'Agen
Armagnac
Gauloises

I can give you a checklist, OS (also useful for New Year's Eve).:D
Ackerman or Veuve Amiot (both recommended by Messaline)
Bouillabaise Salade Nicoise Du pin et du Boursin Camembert Escargots de Bourgogne Beaujolais Champignons de Paris Bêtises de Cambrai Montbazillac Tarte Tatin Pruneaux d'Agen Armagnac Gauloises

A very fine snack indeed Loxuru, I'll have them all please except the Gauloises.

There has never been any love lost between the neighbouring cities of Leeds and Bradford in real life, as I imagine Dorothy will attest.

I was at a dinner when the Vicar of Leeds (a special title roughly eqivalent to a Bishop) was guest speaker. His joke (called an old one by those in the know) went:

The streets of Leeds were given their names in medieval times. There were only four important streets in those days, the most important being Kirkgate, leading to the church (kirk) (the Norwegian for 'street' is 'gate', Viking influence). The second most important is Briggate, going to the bridge over the River Aire, and the third is Mabgate, where the prostitutes were. The least important street was Swinegate, heading for Bradford.

This is great, OS. I am enjoying the detail of your alternate universe very much. Your characters, the "white" natives and the tourist couple, are all interesting and nicely motivated. Looking forward to more. :)

Back
Top Bottom