The Coffee Shop

• Thread starter The Fallen Angel
  • Start date
Go to CruxDreams.com
Here in Newfoundland we went 42 days with no new covid19 cases , today that ended when a man that recently traveled to the United States tested positive and is now in isolation
There's always that one guy. :rolleyes: :D
I personally liked the story about the American couple that claimed to be travelling through from the continental USA to Alaska, and was admitted to Canada as "in transit" but told they would have to self-isolate while in Canada. They were found out and about in some public place and each given a $1000 fine under the Quarantine Act, and then deported back to the USA. Frankly, they got off easy - the Quarantine Act has some pretty hefty fines (up to $250,000, if I recall) for ignoring quarantine directions. :smash2::span1:

I personally liked the story about the American couple that claimed to be travelling through from the continental USA to Alaska, and was admitted to Canada as "in transit" but told they would have to self-isolate while in Canada. They were found out and about in some public place and each given a $1000 fine under the Quarantine Act, and then deported back to the USA. Frankly, they got off easy - the Quarantine Act has some pretty hefty fines (up to $250,000, if I recall) for ignoring quarantine directions. :smash2::span1:

Lets hope that most follow the rules and keep everyone safe.

And here some people holding an illicit house party were caught when two of them ordered 20 meals from a KFC :facepalm:

Police followed their car to a townhouse in the suburb where they found a group of people who then tried to hide in the backyard, garage and under beds.

Here in Newfoundland we went 42 days with no new covid19 cases , today that ended when a man that recently traveled to the United States tested positive and is now in isolation
Meanwhile, Florida has hit 244,151 positive test (11,385 new cases since yesterday) and 4,102 deaths (93 new deaths since yesterday). It should be noted that those are "resident" deaths. The state only counts people who are residents; that is, have a Florida drivers license or voter registration. They are not counting people who have homes in the state and have died here but have a residence somewhere else. So, the numbers are higher.

I've recently started replaying Divinity Original Sin 2, which I consider as one of the best modern interpretation of Baldurs Gate roleplaying games. Aside from its quality, the game also has a few interesting elements that ask to be mentioned on CF, and in this thread in particular.

The player character has a pet squirrel which rides a Jollyr... er... *skeletal* cat around, so I figured this screenshot belongs here as it's a thread about squirrels and cats after all. :p

화면 저장_20200711_125636.jpg

Meanwhile, Florida has hit 244,151 positive test (11,385 new cases since yesterday) and 4,102 deaths (93 new deaths since yesterday). It should be noted that those are "resident" deaths. The state only counts people who are residents; that is, have a Florida drivers license or voter registration. They are not counting people who have homes in the state and have died here but have a residence somewhere else. So, the numbers are higher.
Tell me about it. I live in Covid Central. Miami-Dade County. We mask up when we leave the condo, we mask up outdoors. The only time I don't mask up is when I bike ride, as I'm socially distant, riding on my own, and the freaking heat and humidity would make the mask a wet rag. The local supermarket is still only letting in people as other people leave, to maintain social distancing

Tell me about it. I live in Covid Central. Miami-Dade County. We mask up when we leave the condo, we mask up outdoors. The only time I don't mask up is when I bike ride, as I'm socially distant, riding on my own, and the freaking heat and humidity would make the mask a wet rag. The local supermarket is still only letting in people as other people leave, to maintain social distancing
There wouldn't be much point wearing it when you're on a bike - it's to stop you breathing the virus onto other people, you're hardly going to do that on a bike.

There wouldn't be much point wearing it when you're on a bike - it's to stop you breathing the virus onto other people, you're hardly going to do that on a bike.
Here's where I am extra careful. There is a respiratory plume, for want of a better description. If I'm riding behind someone else, at about 20mph, that plume is as much as 6 meters long or so. I try to pull out to overtake very early, leave lots of space, and wait for a while until I pull back in...

Back
Top Bottom