The Illustrated Chronicle of the Lady Jasmine

Go to CruxDreams.com
The Crux Chronicle

Chaos at Cruxton!

by Spike Sharp​

A certain lack of action in 'The Illustrated Chronicle of the Lady Jasmine' has raised concerns among the editorial staff at the Crux Chronicle. Following an extraordinary emergency meeting, a unanimous decision was agreed upon to send 'our most intrepid reporter' to Cruxton in order to investigate the circumstances (or the lack thereof) behind this unusually quiet period in production.

So much for the rationale behind my challenging task. The first part of the mission involved the perilous journey to the singularly Medieval state of Cruxtonia. Arriving unscathed in the principal town of Little Brampton, I was obliged to ask for directions to Cruxton Studios, where I hoped to find the Lady Jasmine herself. I learned that the studios are located in the grounds of the famous Abbey at Cruxton, and so undeterred, I made my way there.

Cruxton Abbey is well known as the residence of Lord Wragg, notwithstanding the confusion regarding his title, which is also given as, 'King Wragg'. Whatever... Wragg is the creative talent behind the studios, which have made their name in recent times by the ruthless manipulation of the visual arts in adult entertainment (or so I am told, whatever that means...)

Meanwhile, Cruxton Studios is the driving force behind such exciting productions as 'Alice Barabbas', which was presented last year. This was received with such high acclaim by its unsuspecting audience, that it was immediately followed by a remake, which proved even more popular. The current production of 'Lady Jasmine' is also presented as a remake of an original Wragg concept, which so far has been justifiably well-received.

So, it seems curious that production has stalled on a project which otherwise promises much in the way of success. Several days ago, Wragg announced that he would be 'aweigh'. The nautical terminology was nothing if not confusing, especially since he added, rather ominously, 'I may be some time...' Speculation has led me to wonder if the studios are afflicted by industrial action. Strikes in themselves are not unusual in many parts of the world, although reliable sources indicate that such a refusal to work at Cruxton is virtually unknown, since it constitutes a capital offence! Actually, most offences in Cruxtonia seem to carry the death penalty, so industrial action probably isn't so serious in the grand scheme of things...

Ringing the doorbell of the Abbey produced no response, and so I wandered through the extensive grounds until I found myself in what appeared, for all the world, to be an ancient Roman town. I believe such disorientating experiences are quite normal for visitors to the area, although I felt confident that I had finally arrived on the set of 'The Illustrated Chronicle of the Lady Jasmine.' But instead of the silence of inactivity, I was suddenly confronted by the sounds of animated voices and music!

I prepared to commence my first interview with a member of Wragg's Cruxton Studios, but was taken aback by the sight of Barbara Moore, stepping briskly out of a tavern with the unlikely name of 'Leonem Rubrum'. Evidently, she recognised me, since she greeted me with, 'Oh shit...'

'Hello, Barb,' I replied, 'What are you doing here? - are you appearing in 'The Illustrated Chronicle of the Lady Jasmine'?'

'No,' replied Barb.

'Well, I'm here because I heard that work on the project had stalled,' I explained, 'Is the production going ahead now?'

'No,' said Barb.

'Are you always so reticent?' I asked.

'No,' she replied.

'Barb, I've just walked all the way from Little Brampton, and you're the first person I've met. Can you explain exactly what you are doing here?'

'I'm just off to the Abbey,' she responded, 'This is an authentic Roman set for 'Jasmine' - the tavern, you see - the toilets are communal!'

'I see... Is Wragg here?' I enquired, 'I really would like to interview him about 'Jasmine', if it's at all possible?'

'No,' replied Barb, somewhat predictably.

I must have looked crestfallen, because she seemed to take pity on me. 'Look,' she said, 'The cast are all in the tavern, well, mostly in the beer garden. All of his leading ladies from his past productions are here - we're celebrating his birthday, but he's not with us. He's away - taking a trip on his yacht, I believe - the last thing he said was, 'Anchors aweigh!' so I assume he is at sea - finding inspiration for another of his Jeeves projects, I think...'

'Anyway,' she continued, 'You won't get any information from anybody about 'Jasmine'. Wragg said that the first rule about 'Jasmine' is, 'You do not talk about 'Jasmine'! And the second rule about 'Jasmine' is, 'You do not talk about...''

'Yes,' I said quickly, 'I think I get the idea.'

'Well,' she concluded, 'Since you've come such a long way, you might as well get a drink. Come with me and I'll introduce you to Katty, Nadya, Sasha and Jasmine. And Cally is here too - it's quite a party!'

"Is Alice here?'

'What do you think?'

:D Happy Birthday, Wragg :D

wragg_s_leading_ladies_by_bobnearled_dd9vn5i-fullview.jpg

(Image hosted on DevianArt - https://www.deviantart.com/bobnearled/art/Wragg-s-Leading-Ladies-802653174 )​

OK, I recognize Sasha, Alice, Barb's Czech avatar, and the others are probably celebrities I’ve tuned out, except for the one who looks disquietingly like one of my nieces, and I’m going away now to fear for my immortal soul, excuse me.

OK, I recognize Sasha, Alice, Barb's Czech avatar, and the others are probably celebrities I’ve tuned out
These seven models have portrayed characters in a number of Wragg's stories over the last couple of years -

Wragg's Leading Ladies.jpg

Left to right are Katya, Nadya, Sasha and Jasmine (portraying Cassia, Rebecca, Helena and Jasmine in 'The Illustrated Chronicle of the Lady Jasmine'); Alice ('For the Love of Alicia', 'Alice Barabbas'); Anastasia ('Cally') and Caprice ('DUX REBELLIUM' by Barbaria and Wragg.)

They are more easily recognised in the original story illustrations, in the same order, left to right -

Wragg Jas Cassia Jas072.jpgWragg Jas Rebecca Jas073.jpgWragg Jas Helena Jas123.jpgWragg Jas Jasmine Jas075.jpgWragg A-B Alice AG040.jpgWragg Cally.jpgWragg D-R barbaria_crucified_by_wragg_dcdqdfx.jpg

Even I had forgotten Anastasia, and they do look great in a line like that!

Fantastic, Bob, I've only been back five minutes, clocked in a few members and checked some convos, then returned here to find myself grinning from ear to ear!

Very nicely done, sir! :)

Wragg's back in Cruxton Abbey, and ready to rock and roll! ;)

These seven models have portrayed characters in a number of Wragg's stories over the last couple of years -

Even I had forgotten Anastasia, and they do look great in a line like that!
All dressed up for the Cruxton Story and Images Academy Awards ceremony, which would have gone off without a hitch except that someone made Tree the MC and they had to pour him into his suit, only to find that he thought he was supposed to crucify all the female guests. :rolleyes::facepalm::devil:

What, then, of Rebecca?

I always thought this was one of the best tragic scenes in the original story, with Rebecca trying to be brave, and Jasmine having to help her get ready to die. It is beautifully reproduced here. The facial expressions are perfect. You can almost see her shaking.
I agree - this moment of bonding between a mistress and her terrified slave is presented in a series of powerfully illustrated scenes.
Phenomenal work, Wragg!

In any case, this story has inspired a manip on the theme of the crucified Helena and Rebecca (or at least loosely based on the theme). Since the idea of a pair of friends going to their crucifixion together is a theme in Wragg's story, I will leave this here, and hopefully won't derail things miserably.

Thanks very much for all the work on this story, Wragg, and best belated wishes on your birthday (last week).
PairArena02a.jpg

In any case, this story has inspired a manip on the theme of the crucified Helena and Rebecca (or at least loosely based on the theme). Since the idea of a pair of friends going to their crucifixion together is a theme in Wragg's story, I will leave this here, and hopefully won't derail things miserably.

Thanks very much for all the work on this story, Wragg, and best belated wishes on your birthday (last week).
View attachment 719481
It most certainly did not derail the thread! As good a birthday present as any I could wish for! Thanks Jolly!:)

It most certainly did not derail the thread! As good a birthday present as any I could wish for! Thanks Jolly!:)
Oh good. Not to push a point or anything, but the lady with the spoon wanted to know if there might be a part for her in your Jasmine production. I said I thought casting was finished and anyway, a soup ladle isn't really required (honestly, why doesn't she apply for Star Trek; they'll take anybody:rolleyes:), but you know...actually, never mind. You have better things to think about. I'm sorry I brought it up.:doh::D

the lady with the spoon wanted to know if there might be a part for her in your Jasmine production.
Oh, how sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet! :)

And I love soup, too! :)

Although, with Barb around I'm more often in it than enjoying it. :rolleyes:

It would be churlish of me to refuse such a request! But you'll have to watch out for her...;)

I think those women are seeing red ...

And I love soup, too! :)

Although, with Barb around I'm more often in it than enjoying it. :rolleyes:

My favorite dumpling ;)

I will be with you in a moment, I will not leave you. We will share this ordeal, draw strength from each other. There is no one I would rather spend these last moments with, my love. Be strong!

She has had the tender disrobing moment with her mistress, now she takes courage from her friend, prepares to join her in this most terrible amd unjust fate. A beautiful frame, Wragg.

Back
Top Bottom