What does your membername or nickname mean? How did you come to your name on CF?

• Thread starter Deleted member 16639
  • Start date
Go to CruxDreams.com
My name really is Cynthia. I have done some writing and used my name. When I joined this site I didn't know any thing about crux and I thought back about how innocent I was even after I got married. Now years later I am not so innocent but I still get giddy when I think about when I was young :tits:and touched myself and had no idea what those feelings were

You might think Red Orc is a Tolkien reference, but it isn't. It comes from William Blake's weirdly mystical Urizen Cycle, which can accurately be described as a bit odd. Blake is best known for the poem "Tiger Tiger Burning Bright" and the hymn "Jerusalem".

A more accessible version is Philip Jose Farmer's "World of Tiers" series, which uses the gods and heroes of Blake's mythology in several action adventure science fiction stories. My favourite is the third book "A Private Cosmos", while Red Orc is the villain in "Behind the Walls of Terra".

Even weirder a psychologist Dr. Giannini developed "projective psychotherapy" based on the World of Tiers books, where the patient imagines themselves in the world of the books. The original author Farmer then wrote a novel "Red Orc's Rage" about a boy undergoing projective therapy.

Well, I finally found this thread and I'm sure everyone is wondering "where in the hell did he come up with that?" Well I live in a rural area, surrounded by hills with a large creek at the bottom. Here the land at the bottom of a hill and next to a stream of water is "bottom land" and is coveted because of it's fertility due to good dirt washed down the hill and fresh silt deposited on the land after the spring floods. Now I don't live right at the bottom but about 300' up from the creek. When the temperature and humidity is right there is quite a bit of fog rising from the creek and usually by 3:00 AM it covers the entire area so you can't even see your neighbors house. Heavy fog during a full moon out here is awesome, everything seems to glow and I wouldn't move back to town for anything. So having seen the movie "Brother Where Art Thou" in which the brothers formed a Bluegrass singing group named the "Foggy Bottom Boys" I thought well that suits me and this area so there it is, besides all the good Roman names were taken up here a long time ago I'm sure.

The "Whisky City" comes from the nickname for the nearest town. I'm surrounded by distilleries here as they like the sweet limestone filtered water in this area. Jim Beam is about 5 miles as the crow flies from me, Very Old Barton is in town, Four Roses barrel houses are at the end of the road I live on, Heaven Hill is close and several new distilleries have opened up in the area. The next town over has Maker's Mark. On a warm summer's night you can smell the bourbon ageing in the numerous barrel houses, I'm certain Mr. Tree would enjoy that quite a bit although we don't have a Seagram's distillery here. :D

Well, I finally found this thread and I'm sure everyone is wondering "where in the hell did he come up with that?" Well I live in a rural area, surrounded by hills with a large creek at the bottom. Here the land at the bottom of a hill and next to a stream of water is "bottom land" and is coveted because of it's fertility due to good dirt washed down the hill and fresh silt deposited on the land after the spring floods. Now I don't live right at the bottom but about 300' up from the creek. When the temperature and humidity is right there is quite a bit of fog rising from the creek and usually by 3:00 AM it covers the entire area so you can't even see your neighbors house. Heavy fog during a full moon out here is awesome, everything seems to glow and I wouldn't move back to town for anything. So having seen the movie "Brother Where Art Thou" in which the brothers formed a Bluegrass singing group named the "Foggy Bottom Boys" I thought well that suits me and this area so there it is, besides all the good Roman names were taken up here a long time ago I'm sure.

The "Whisky City" comes from the nickname for the nearest town. I'm surrounded by distilleries here as they like the sweet limestone filtered water in this area. Jim Beam is about 5 miles as the crow flies from me, Very Old Barton is in town, Four Roses barrel houses are at the end of the road I live on, Heaven Hill is close and several new distilleries have opened up in the area. The next town over has Maker's Mark. On a warm summer's night you can smell the bourbon ageing in the numerous barrel houses, I'm certain Mr. Tree would enjoy that quite a bit although we don't have a Seagram's distillery here. :D
So, you're a Kentucky boy.
And here I thought you were from DC or worked for the State Department.
:devil:

My nick is the budding of my interests both in the cross and bdsm. I don’t know the legalities of telling the story, but will say it involved 2 nuns, a pointer, large eraser and tons of humiliation. Exposure and the threat of an audience to this day incites great delight. The blessing of this, is MyLady (mistress) fully embraces this aspect.

Jameson Althanie is an alias I've used in real life in addition to the Forum. I've also thought up a bunch of OC characters from a number of different movies, TV shows and Anime and Jameson Althanie is my characters' name in a few of them.
I think it has got a great ring to it, nice choice! :)

So I'm just not quite clear if the fogginess is due to the creek or the distillery! :confused::p

I'm familiar with the area. I'm former active duty Army and was stationed in Kentucky and rode my motorcycle all over the states of Kentucky and Tennessee. :)

Fascinating! I think Foggy Bottom does turn up in field-names and suchlike local names in England,
but it may refer to a kind of grass that was called 'fog' - Yorkshire Fog still is a type of grass I think.

Yes - 1573765772391.png

Fascinating! I think Foggy Bottom does turn up in field-names and suchlike local names in England,
but it may refer to a kind of grass that was called 'fog' - Yorkshire Fog still is a type of grass I think.

Yes - View attachment 776282
I had considered that here under a full moon the fog over the fields reminds me of photos I've seen of the English moors ( Less the Hound of the Baskervilles). :)

So, you're a Kentucky boy.
And here I thought you were from DC or worked for the State Department.
:devil:
Thanks for that, I had never searched to see if the name was used elsewhere. :)

Back
Top Bottom