Burned at the stake

Go to CruxDreams.com
Blue state girls held back by Republican School Boards - that’s how @Barbaria1 never graduated- should never have emigrated to Arkansas during her Junior year.
I’d have graduated on time if it weren’t for the fact that the faculty kept piling on the demerits and sending me to the superintendent’s office for corporal punishment during my senior year. I learned later that there were videos played daily in the faculty lounge of me bent over the super’s desk with my tight little bared.

@montycrusto will no doubt want to pen and ink that, and @twonines will compose a limerick.

Au contraire, les cris faisaient partie de l'humiliation supplémentaire de la victime. L'exécution était publique et les spectateurs du bûcher attendaient le premier cri. Il était souvent accompagné de clameurs ou d'applaudissements.
Absolument !!!
Les cris étaient indispensables. Il ne faut pas oublier qu'un bûcher public servait aussi à humilier la victime.

Absolutely !!!
The cries were essential. It should not be forgotten that a public stake was also used to humiliate the victim.

(Mod: Please post in English. Just this once, I've done the translation for you.)

Last edited by a moderator:
A 14th-century illustration depicts accused witches being burned at the stake. More than 2,500 witches were executed under Scotland's 1563 Witchcraft Act.
Scottish First Minister Nicola Sturgeon has issued a formal apology to the estimated 4,000 people accused of witchcraft in the country between the 16th and 18th centuries, on International Womens Day 2022 .This is the first formal recognition of this terrible miscarriage of justice.
The image is from Smithsonian Magazine.
witch_trials.jpeg

A 14th-century illustration depicts accused witches being burned at the stake. More than 2,500 witches were executed under Scotland's 1563 Witchcraft Act.
Scottish First Minister Nicola Sturgeon has issued a formal apology to the estimated 4,000 people accused of witchcraft in the country between the 16th and 18th centuries, on International Womens Day 2022 .This is the first formal recognition of this terrible miscarriage of justice.
The image is from Smithsonian Magazine.
View attachment 1233856
One of my favorite woodcuts .. it is something special in it ...

La strega nel bosco viene catturata e torturata. Impiccagione? No, meglio il rogo!

The witch of the woods is captured and tortured. Hanging? No, the stake is better!

Attachments

• manu_rogo_acceso.jpg
    manu_rogo_acceso.jpg
    167.6 KB · Views: 513
  • manu_pronta_a_bruciare.jpg
    manu_pronta_a_bruciare.jpg
    170.4 KB · Views: 452
  • manu-strega_da_impiccare.jpg
    manu-strega_da_impiccare.jpg
    286.2 KB · Views: 441
  • manu-strega_torturata.jpg
    manu-strega_torturata.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 400
  • manu-strega_3.jpg
    manu-strega_3.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 391
  • manu-strega.jpg
    manu-strega.jpg
    232.4 KB · Views: 417
Last edited by a moderator:
La strega nel bosco viene catturata e torturata. Involvement? No, meglio il rogo!

The witch of the woods is captured and tortured. Hanging? No, the stake is better!
Use English on the public Forums please - autotranslation is fine
(well, not too bad - the picture told me what impiccagione means!)
I'll invite you into our Italian conversation group.

Two lesbians swore eternal loyalty to each other. If one of them had betrayed the other with a man, the latter would have burned her alive.
Smoking a cigarette, Vittoria confesses to her partner Elisa that she has betrayed her.
elisa-brucia-viva-la-sua-compagna-0.jpg
"Elisa, now you have to give me the end I deserve. We decided it together! Get the gasoline and let's go!"
elisa-brucia-viva-la-sua-compagna.jpg
"I made a mistake and I'm ready to die, Elisa. Hug me for the last time and do it. You have to make me burn alive!"
elisa-brucia-viva-la-sua-compagna-1.jpg
"Vittoria, I can't do it! I can still forgive you!"
"No. You have to. Here, take my cigarettes and the lighter."
elisa-brucia-viva-la-sua-compagna-2.jpg
"And now, Elisa, tie me well to the pole with the rope. I must have no escape!"
elisa-brucia-viva-la-sua-compagna-3.jpg
"And now, Elisa, pour all the gasoline on me."
elisa-brucia-viva-la-sua-compagna-4.jpg
"So, soak me up. Empty the tank down to the last drop."
ti-brucerò-viva.jpg
"And now, Elisa, you just have to light a cigarette and throw it at me."
"No, Vittoria, no. I can't do it!"
"Yes, Elisa, do it now, and then run away, away from here! "
elisa-brucia-viva-la-sua-compagna-5.jpg
Elisa lights a cigarette, takes a couple of puffs, looking at Vittoria with tears in her eyes.
"Come on, Elisa, kill me! I betrayed you! Throw the cigarette!"
"All right! Burn, traitor! Make the end you deserve!"
Elisa does it, then immediately turns and runs away.
elisa-brucia-viva-la-sua-compagna-6.jpg
When Elisa, now far away, turns around, she sees her partner now engulfed in flames. There is nothing more for her to do. She wanted it and burned alive. The well deserved end!
elisa-brucia-viva-la-sua-compagna-7.jpg

Back
Top Bottom