Crucifixion scenes (never mind the breast torture)

Go to CruxDreams.com
Okay, I'e had time to play with these two a little more.
That mystery spike is a bit thicker and shorter now and you can see it coming out of the other side of the pole between her feet.
Also some tools of the trade are included.
As well as the dainty little sandals they got to walk to the place of justice, and general improvements.

View attachment 571655

Hint:
Definitely expand this out of the popup box that opens when you click the thumbnail. That is the second icon at top right in the image preview.
The cruxforums preview for some reason looks grotty but the full size version, scaled just by your browser or zoomed in, will be fine.
View attachment 571663

errm that's 10 years old or more... I'll really have to look. She never existed in the full size as the 'centerpiece' figures, as she was always planned as part of a composition.
This is one of my all-time favourite crux pictures. There is a story without words here. Two lovers crucified together, with one resting her head gently on the breast of the other. The other girl has just realised that their time on the cross is just about to get a lot worse.

"Solitary Contemplation"
View attachment 330879
This is another favourite as it shows the calm before things get really nasty. The young woman is looking at the nails and skewers which are about to become a painful part of her. Is there a heckling crowd she is trying hard to ignore? Have the crucifixion crew gone for a lunch break or are they just fetching their hammers? We don't know as her world has closed in to herself and the cross.

What is she thinking? Is she regretting the poor life choices she made to get into this situation, or planning a swift kick into the groin of the executioner?

It's always interesting when people mentally fill in an image with a white background.
That sort of cobbled stone thing the cross is sitting in does suggest some kind of town square or so.
It's actually a permanent mount for a cross that's put up in a very lonely place. She's been abandoned a while in a rather desolate place to contemplate her fate.
I decided to drop the original background though because it got visually cluttered.
There's a backstory to the original drawing, which however got abandoned by the author, and so I decided to liberate the drawing out of that context. There were definitely no breast-skewers in the original story :D
So here she is for reference in her solitude. All in all I do think 'Less is more' here. I got bored with the background ;)
View attachment 331523
Here is another version with a background.

A triumphant return! So glad to see new art from you!

And there is so much to love here; a ritual sacrifice, two beautiful women, nails through the heels splaying her out, nailed nice and wide ( @Apostate ), and the hair, a lovely updo for one, and gorgeous waist-length locks for the other. And the new style, somewhere between photomanip and painting, it’s pretty slick.

A triumphant return! So glad to see new art from you!

And there is so much to love here; a ritual sacrifice, two beautiful women, nails through the heels splaying her out, nailed nice and wide ( @Apostate ), and the hair, a lovely updo for one, and gorgeous waist-length locks for the other. And the new style, somewhere between photomanip and painting, it’s pretty slick.
Yeah @mp5stab. What you said. :babeando:;)

So instead of one of those spiky sedile contraptions, when she sinks down what she'll brush up against is the petals of the same breed of rose that decorates her hair, nailed to the post, and the ropes securing her ankles wrapped around that... I don't think I've seen that before...

Now some people do llike crux but aren't into the "breasts pierced with barbed skewers" thing so for those folks here's an unskewered version
60d-25%-8b.png
Now how cleanly the victim could be unskewered in real life, really depends on whether you push the thing through all the way, or pull it backwards the way it went in.

So instead of one of those spiky sedile contraptions, when she sinks down what she'll brush up against is the petals of the same breed of rose that decorates her hair, nailed to the post, and the ropes securing her ankles wrapped around that... I don't think I've seen that before...
Yeah what with her legs all splayed out like that a big honking cornu seems like the obvious thing.
On a whim I went with delicate flower instead.
As with most of my pics I don't have a full backstory but the suggestion is of course it's some kind of ritualistic thing rather than a judicial punishment. I guess that will work for you ;)

Yeah what with her legs all splayed out like that a big honking cornu seems like the obvious thing.
On a whim I went with delicate flower instead.
As with most of my pics I don't have a full backstory but the suggestion is of course it's some kind of ritualistic thing rather than a judicial punishment. I guess that will work for you ;)
Quite.

The version without the skewer through her breasts also appeals to the more squeamish crux pervs. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
These are more colourful but I just can't figure out all that dolby surround stuff.

[attachment=2:id5cdokt]18_gr_ros-2.jpg[/attachment:id5cdokt]
[attachment=1:id5cdokt]6_cxcla26d.jpg[/attachment:id5cdokt]
[attachment=0:id5cdokt]7_brnhma3.jpg[/attachment:id5cdokt]

View attachment 923 View attachment 924 View attachment 925
The second image caught my attention, Algabal. This is an extremely cruel but efficient way to crucify someone. The arms over the top of the patibulum, the hands and ankles nailed together, and the awkward angle of the legs, causing cramping. Yes, this condemned woman is really going to suffer.

Attachments

• 6_cxcla26d.jpg
    6_cxcla26d.jpg
    379.4 KB · Views: 372
The second image caught my attention, Algabal. This is an extremely cruel but efficient way to crucify someone. The arms over the top of the patibulum, the hands and ankles nailed together, and the awkward angle of the legs, causing cramping. Yes, this condemned woman is really going to suffer.
Not just that, but based on the position of that titilus, she must piss on her own name.

Certainly an exquisitely cruel way of crucifying, and the tension as she's being raised up is palpable.
One tiny quibble - if her right wrist is nailed through the ankle the same way as her left one is, surely it should be visible?
(Note the position of the right heel, and the point of the nail projecting through the stipes - it's a good bit lower than her left foot, quite a stretch for her right arm - maybe that's nailed separately higher up? I try to imagine myself into that position and it's not easy to work out where my invisible right arm should be!)

Certainly an exquisitely cruel way of crucifying, and the tension as she's being raised up is palpable.
One tiny quibble - if her right wrist is nailed through the ankle the same way as her left one is, surely it should be visible?
(Note the position of the right heel, and the point of the nail projecting through the stipes - it's a good bit lower than her left foot, quite a stretch for her right arm - maybe that's nailed separately higher up? I try to imagine myself into that position and it's not easy to work out where my invisible right arm should be!)
Good eye! I figured it was hanging loose, and they still have one more nail to use on her, or it’s nailed to the stipes higher than the other wrist.

I try to imagine myself into that position and it's not easy to work out where my invisible right arm should be!)
That invisible right arm had never registered on me until this very moment, and I ain’t proud of that.

IMG_5414.jpeg

Now some people do llike crux but aren't into the "breasts pierced with barbed skewers" thing so for those folks here's an unskewered version
View attachment 1351304
Now how cleanly the victim could be unskewered in real life, really depends on whether you push the thing through all the way, or pull it backwards the way it went in.
Love this one even better! Could be part of a storybook, for adults of course :)

Back
Top Bottom