How To Talk For Artists And Users (Rendering)

Go to CruxDreams.com
Inside Daz Studio, there is a help menu. Click that and see what the Log says. (Help < Troubleshooting < View Log file). Your log file should have a log of Daz Studio shutting down on a render. By the way when you render: what are your render settings? Are you doing an Iray Render?
yes only iray render, and in 4k ....

yes only iray render, and in 4k ....

and yes i know it's maybe better to do it only in hd (but then we won't see the details)

this is nice science ... in order to do something you have to know x other things and over and over ....

and then there's photoshop and its joining of layers (without the eraser tool it just doesn't work)

and then a blender (which is incredibly complex and if you can't draw in 3d you're fucked ....)
I've tried a few models here ... but it's cruelly complicated..I admire Cadre for putting so much work into creating a cross model and you Hornet (a sea of work and incredible hard work)

today I will try to make a little movie using your procedure..maybe it will work ...

and then there's one more thing ... somehow I don't see the render (it's invisible, the screen is blank) but the render is running ....
it does it when I use a script, I reduce the textures, and then I want to change something so I just can't and I have to reload it all ...
That really sounds like a gfx driver issue, although on my PC it can sometimes take a while for the render to start appearing (but then I have a puny system - yours should deliver better performance). One thing you might want to check though is that Daz3D is actually set to use the gfx card - on mine, it had defaulted to use the onboard gfx rather than the card, and I had to set this in the preferences menu before it would start using the gfx card for rendering (though on all but the simplest scenes, it tends to use cpu fallback)

That really sounds like a gfx driver issue, although on my PC it can sometimes take a while for the render to start appearing (but then I have a puny system - yours should deliver better performance). One thing you might want to check though is that Daz3D is actually set to use the gfx card - on mine, it had defaulted to use the onboard gfx rather than the card, and I had to set this in the preferences menu before it would start using the gfx card for rendering (though on all but the simplest scenes, it tends to use cpu fallback)
I have to look ...

I have to look ...
One more point - you mentioned earlier that you're running Windows 11 - that's new and still notoriously buggy, so it's a good possibility that there might be some odd bug in it that's causing the crashes. Also, there are several documented issues regading Daz under Windows 11. This video is a few months old now but does serve to point out a few issues, mainly due to performance but if you search the web there have been a LOT of problems with Windows 11 and Daz3D

Newer is not always better - I think I'll stick to windows 7 for doing my 3D rendering

One more point - you mentioned earlier that you're running Windows 11 - that's new and still notoriously buggy, so it's a good possibility that there might be some odd bug in it that's causing the crashes. Also, there are several documented issues regading Daz under Windows 11. This video is a few months old now but does serve to point out a few issues, mainly due to performance but if you search the web there have been a LOT of problems with Windows 11 and Daz3D

Newer is not always better - I think I'll stick to windows 7 for doing my 3D rendering
but I can't go back to win10 ... because I have an automatic update ...

unfortunately ... fucking knowing this ... hmmm

but I can't go back to win10 ... because I have an automatic update ...

unfortunately ... fucking knowing this ... hmmm
It's possible that newer versions of Daz might improve things under Windows 11. I guess you could always reinstall your PC from scratch to get Windows 10 back though that's a lot of work and not something I'd want to do on mine that's for sure :(

Fortunately I don't get updates on my 3D system as it's never connected to the internet. It IS possible to block automatic updates on Windows 10, but again it's a bit of work and too late in your case anyway.

If you've only recently updated to Windows 11 (in the last ten days) then you should be able to roll it back. Here's a detailed article on the subject which may be of some help;

I guess the golden rule is to never update unless you absolutely have to. I didn't go from win98 to WinXP until 2005-ish, and then switched to Linux a few years later, now only using Windows on PCs used for offline stuff (such as 3D rendering) though I do have win98, WinXP and Win7 virtual machines that I can run under Linux but VMs don't offer the full gfx performace for 3D rendering. Multi-booting is an option but any updates to any of the installed operating systems can easily screw up the bootloader so it's not generally the best option.

I wonder if it's possible for you to install Windows 10 (or maybe Windows 7 which is faster and less bloated) alongside your main installation of Windows 11 and multiboot. Trouble is, Windows doesn't generally let you install older versions than the one already on there (When I installed my laptop with a triple boot of WinXP, Win7 and Linux Mint, I had to put them on in that order for it to work properly (also anyone wishing to dual boot any version of Windows and Linux needs to be aware that installing Windows after Linux will destroy the Linux bootloader, making a fair bit of extra work to restore it. The Linux installer, on the other hand, is way smarter and will detect previouly installed operating systems and configure the boot menu properly - Seriously you don't have to use a modern version of Linux for very long before you start to realise what a complete shitshow Windows has become in the past decade or so)

Of course Daz doesn't run natively in Linux, doesn't run properly in WINE, and doesn't have adequate performance in most VMs, so there are still a few niche uses for Windows even today...

Last edited:
It's possible that newer versions of Daz might improve things under Windows 11. I guess you could always reinstall your PC from scratch to get Windows 10 back though that's a lot of work and not something I'd want to do on mine that's for sure :(

Fortunately I don't get updates on my 3D system as it's never connected to the internet. It IS possible to block automatic updates on Windows 10, but again it's a bit of work and too late in your case anyway.

If you've only recently updated to Windows 11 (in the last ten days) then you should be able to roll it back. Here's a detailed article on the subject which may be of some help;
well, it's been half a year with me ...

You probably know this,but you set the max render time in the render panel (progressive rendering) this render was set to 30 second
but with post denoiser (filtering)
View attachment 1132527
You will need a simple scene to render to this quality at 30 second.
that's awesome !!

I would like to do a giant spartacus scene (crucifixion along the road)

but I don't have a good model of the Roman road (I don't think such a model even exists ....)

and what I'm sorry about is that so far, there is no model like street of ancient rome (it would be amazing to have such a model)

It's amazing to see those girls dancing on the crosses! thanks friend!

You render to a seperate window? I always render to a file. So I never see the render coming... But it also never crashes... What you can also do: Install this: https://www.techpowerup.com/download/techpowerup-gpu-z/
I have it running all the time. It shows me exactly how many "resources" of my CPU and GPU are being spent while using my PC. Maybe one other (stupid) tip: When I render, everything else on my PC is off. OnlyDaz Studio is open, GPU-Z is running and that's it. (Except in some cases, one window of Windows Explorer so I can confirm my render was successfull. But you'll be surprised what the impact of that is on your GPU: Turn GPU Z on, and then just open your browser... You'll see the GPU RAM go up a lot!
Also, on Windows 10 at least, it would make sense to make sure you always open Daz Studio as an Administrator. That way, the PC will always "favor" Daz Studio when it comes to resources. Does that still apply on Windows 11? Does aybody know?

You render to a seperate window? I always render to a file. So I never see the render coming... But it also never crashes... What you can also do: Install this: https://www.techpowerup.com/download/techpowerup-gpu-z/
I have it running all the time. It shows me exactly how many "resources" of my CPU and GPU are being spent while using my PC. Maybe one other (stupid) tip: When I render, everything else on my PC is off. OnlyDaz Studio is open, GPU-Z is running and that's it. (Except in some cases, one window of Windows Explorer so I can confirm my render was successfull. But you'll be surprised what the impact of that is on your GPU: Turn GPU Z on, and then just open your browser... You'll see the GPU RAM go up a lot!
Also, on Windows 10 at least, it would make sense to make sure you always open Daz Studio as an Administrator. That way, the PC will always "favor" Daz Studio when it comes to resources. Does that still apply on Windows 11? Does aybody know?
yes I also run as administrator daz3d ....

and the biggest fun was when I found out today that all the renders were done to me only through cpu ... ha!

I reinstalled the graphics drivers here and the whole of daz3d and that's it! it already works as it should!

now I'm trying to create that scene for the video ... it's hard!

yes I also run as administrator daz3d ....

and the biggest fun was when I found out today that all the renders were done to me only through cpu ... ha!

I reinstalled the graphics drivers here and the whole of daz3d and that's it! it already works as it should!

now I'm trying to create that scene for the video ... it's hard!
Glad to hear it's working properly now. Good luck with your rendering projects. I'm sure we're all looking forward to seeing the results

that's awesome !!

I would like to do a giant spartacus scene (crucifixion along the road)

but I don't have a good model of the Roman road (I don't think such a model even exists ....)

and what I'm sorry about is that so far, there is no model like street of ancient rome (it would be amazing to have such a model)

It's amazing to see those girls dancing on the crosses! thanks friend!
I think I could make a pretty good Appian Way set using the Terradome model I use now for the Sessorium where Sabina is crucified. All I would need is a decent tileable texture for the road. Mine would be in Poser of course, but you could surely do something similar for DAZ.

As far as the streets of ancient Rome, Stonemason's "Streets of the Mediterranean" model is what I used for Sabina's whipping scenes and part of her walk to the place of execution. It is very detailed, lots of Roman-looking buildings and great textures I captured and used in other places. You just have to make anything like streetlights and other 20th century paraphernalia invisible to get a pretty good effect with it. It's not cheap, unfortunately, $39.95 at DAZ3D.com. Here's a link to it: https://www.daz3d.com/streets-of-the-mediterranean

I think the reason the wrists move around so much on the nail - more than mine do - is not the difference in the figures we are using, but that you place the nails farther up her arm than I do. This has to do with the location of the goal point for inverse kinematics, which is the point Poser, and I would image DAZ Studio also, hold stationary while performing IK calculations. That's what IK is all about, holding the goal point stationary and calculating the bends and twists of all the joints in the chain to make it happen. That goal point is somewhere in the palms of her hands, while the point you really want to hold stationary, the location of the nails, is proximal (up her arm, in her wrist) from that. My placement of the nails is in the heels of the hands, yours is somewhere around the joint with the radius and ulna bones. Your nailed point will move more than mine.

To make the nailed points remain stationary, you would need to edit the IK chains and change the goal coordinates. I have not done this, kept putting it off for another day, but I know that's what it's going to take. In my case, it means having a specially modified version of V4 (actually Stephanie 4 or S4) to use when she is crucified. Maybe you would have to create a modified version of V8 you use only when she's on the cross.
Still experimenting with this pinning limitation of Daz Studio
Quote:"To make the nailed points remain stationary, you would need to edit the IK chains and change the goal coordinates"
Sadly there is no option in Daz Studio to edit the IK chains but i can edit the bones of the Genesis figures but that's where we can see
the so called improvement that they did to the Genesis3 and up figures:they added bones in the limbs but did not update the posing tools!
G2 Bones.jpgG8 Bones.jpg

Quote:"To make the nailed points remain stationary, you would need to edit the IK chains and change the goal coordinates"
Sadly there is no option in Daz Studio to edit the IK chains but i can edit the bones of the Genesis figures but that's where we can see
the so called improvement that they did to the Genesis3 and up figures:they added bones in the limbs but did not update the posing tools!
View attachment 1133007View attachment 1133008
I got some success by removing the extra bones from the legs!
G8 Leg Bones Edited.jpg

View attachment 1133007View attachment 1133008
I have never edited the IK chains for a figure, but it looks like there are some tools to do this in DAZ Studio 4.12 and above. This post might shed some light on it: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/357776/ik-chains-explained

I would play around with that on a new figure, empty scene to see if I could figure out how things work. Some of these posts say that DAZ hasn't documented how to do this but maybe they are out of date.

Back
Top Bottom