Jehanne : the real story.

Go to CruxDreams.com

EPILOGUE 2

NORTHERN FRANCE

MAY 25th, 1940

A British Expeditionary Force vehicle, on a road leading to the Channel Coast.

Private Tommy Atkins driving.

Lieutenant Jones (looking over his shoulder) : “Bloody hell, Atkins, there are Heinkels strafing the road behind us!”

Private Atkins : “Are they coming to us!?”

Lieutenant Jones : “I am afraid they are! In one or two minutes, they could be here!”

Private Atkins : “Shall we stop and take cover, Sir!?”

Lieutenant Jones : “No! Try to make it to that village! Hurry!”

Private Atkins : “Right, Sir!”

Lieutenant Jones : “And keep right, will you! This is not the moment for a head-on situation!”

Private Atkins : “Typically French, driving on the wrong side of the road…!”

Lieutenant Jones : “Quick! They are coming, and it looks like they spotted us!”

(they reach the village)

Lieutenant Jones : “There!”

Private Atkins “On the square..!?”

Lieutenant Jones : “Behind that statue.. ! Shadow side!”

Private Atkins : “Right! I see it!”

(hardly stopped and taken cover in the shadow, they see the Heinkels fly over at low altitude, without firing; they wait a few minutes, in case the planes would return).

Lieutenant Jones : “Looks like they are gone! So bloody low! I could almost see the white of the gunner’s eyes!”

Private Atkins : “Fortunately, we could hide behind this statue of this ferocious mounted knight! It saved our lives! Who is he, anyway, Sir!?”

Lieutenant Jones : “It is ‘she’, Atkins! It’s Joan of Arc!”

Private Atkins : “A woman in armour! That’s funny! What did she do, Sir!?”

Lieutenant Jones : “Never heard of her, Atkins? She is a French national heroine! She once defeated the enemies of France! So, the French have put huge statues of her, like these, all over their country!”

Private Atkins : “Really, Sir!? And what kind of wimps got themselves defeated by a woman?”

Lieutenant Jones : “Well, Atkins : the English! Our own ancestors, old chap!”

Private Atkins (very disappointed, almost shocked) : “Oh!?”

Lieutenant Jones : “Come, Atkins, we drive on! I don’t want to miss the ferry in Dunkerque!”

(they drive on and leave the village).

Private Atkins (still disappointed) : “That too is typically French : a transvestite as national hero!”

THE END
Madiosi-2022-052-Dunkirk.jpg

Thanks everybody for following, commenting and liking this story!:)

Sure I know!:beer-toast1:;)

Now, it is just the matter of convincing the rest of the world of it! :roto2cafe::angel2::roto2gay:

I know your problem by my own experience and would like to know how you solve this following problem in the end.

For example:
Geniuses create a sense of uneasiness in those around them, and this often makes them feel a little lonely. There once was a documentary about the life of ...

One of his former fellow students told the story of one of their final works or theses (?) in which their professor gave them 5 extremely difficult tasks in physics and astronomy with some very difficult equations to solve within 8 days. The last week-end arrived and only 2 days before the professor wanted to see the results, about 10 of these students - who later all became professors (!) - met and all said, this is impossible. Most had solved only 2 of 5 tasks, two had solved the first half of task 3 and then came the young Stephen Hawking into the class-room where they met - a bit too late as it was usual then for him.

One of his fellow students asked him:
- "We all think, these tasks and equations cannot be solved within 8 days. No one of us has really finished these tasks. What do you think?"

- "I absolutely agree with you. They are extremely difficult. I have only solved 4 of 5 and I doubt very much that the last two days will be sufficient for the last one, which seems to be the most difficult of all because you need all the correct results of the four tasks before to solve the last one!"

There was silence for some looong moments ... uneasiness on all other faces ... (one almost hysterical short laughter in one corner of the room!)

Stephen Hawking:
- "What's wrong? Did I say something wrong?"

Silence again ... then one fellow student said: - "No, not at all ... but you just proved that you are a genius!"

So, knowing this story and although knowing that I am a genius, too, I tried NOT to become lonesome by showing modesty as the art of letting others find how much I am a genius and how important I am.

(This did not work either. Now, I am lonesome again because some people told me that I am not famous or important enough to show so much modesty.
So, I still have a problem to be solved ...)

:eek: :rolleyes:;)

Back
Top Bottom